monkey lives matter

Stevie893
Byond Username: StevieTV123

monkey lives matter

Post by Stevie893 » #683576

So i was recently in a game as a monkey that was killed for no reason.
i went to an admin to be told it was valid as 99 percent of monkeys are rampaging ais or changelings so it was valid. so i was thinking of adding a rule that no matter what species you are if your sentient basic or anything living at all that you cant be killed for no reason other then your not the right species or you don't have rights. curranty caps stupid fox has more rights then a sentient monkey or basic creature which i think is kinda uncool :shades: so we should like
not do that bro :ugeek:
wojak-in-joker-makeup.png
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: monkey lives matter

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #683578

I think that policy wise they actually are not distinct from humans in any way, but there is nothing written down so alot of it is up to admin discretion.

I personally believe and would lobby for monkies being officially labled as lesser than humans and would not even be opposed to marking them all as valid salad. A more neutral compromise would be subjecting them to extremely relaxed escalation, so if they ever fuck up and piss off a space man monkey meat is on the menu.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #683585

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:16 am I think that policy wise they actually are not distinct from humans in any way, but there is nothing written down so alot of it is up to admin discretion.
as far as i know its always been policy that monkeys are totally valid, maybe an unwritten thing though.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #683587

as far as I know they just have relaxed escalation like any sentient xenobio mob or golem would

dont kill monkies without reason but "the monkey stole my shit or bit me" is good enough

p.s. this stupid piece of shit monkey bit me I deserve to bash its skull in keep policy as is
Weston Echard on Sybil
Stevie893

Post by Stevie893 » #683588

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:16 am I think that policy wise they actually are not distinct from humans in any way, but there is nothing written down so alot of it is up to admin discretion.

I personally believe and would lobby for monkies being officially labled as lesser than humans and would not even be opposed to marking them all as valid salad. A more neutral compromise would be subjecting them to extremely relaxed escalation, so if they ever fuck up and piss off a space man monkey meat is on the menu.
i feel like that would a WAY better way of handling it rather then just all monkeys are valid because that way you don't just get killed for trying to have fun
Stevie893

Post by Stevie893 » #683589

blackdav123 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:10 am as far as I know they just have relaxed escalation like any sentient xenobio mob or golem would

dont kill monkies without reason but "the monkey stole my shit or bit me" is good enough

p.s. this stupid piece of shit monkey bit me I deserve to bash its skull in keep policy as is

what i was told by the admin was that i was just valid for being a monkey i feel like we need a written rule rather then leaving it up to the admins weather existing is a crime or not
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #683591

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=28068&p=582910&hil ... id#p582910

The admin is wrong. The precedent is that sentient monkeys aren't valid.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #683592

monkeys arent valid but have relaxed escalation, you might just want to open an admin complaint if the admin trolled you
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #683594

Ah I must've missed that ruling. Wouldn't blame the admin for forgetting though, they were valid for a long time prior to that ruling.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #683600

FWIW, regarding animals, I regularly arrest people for "Poaching" if they kill Renault without a valid hunting license.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #683624

Just don't be a shitter as a monkey and you won't get killed
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #686921

Please see the attached ruling here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34056&p=686575#p686575
Misdoubtful wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:33 pm We echo the merits of previous ruling on this.

viewtopic.php?p=587048#p587048
Sentient monkeys are not free kills, though if they end up abusing their abilities to do things like break into departments via ventcrawl they are free game.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.
Admins are free to use rule 0 to rule in ways which they feel is best for the health of the round on this matter, while sentient monkies by themselves are not valid without some external factor. Said factors can be much looser.

Kieth4: Echo previous ruling
Misdoubtful: Echo previous ruling
Hugs