Admin Candidates have no place to provide feedback.

Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Admin Candidates have no place to provide feedback.

Post by Domitius » #683750

As topic says, AC's have no place to provide feedback and can be difficult to provide information into the right places.

I would like to provide a solution, a Candidate User Master.

If a candidate has been causing issues the Candidate User Master can easily be pinged with appropriate information to be properly actioned.

While I understand that this can be a long and difficult process I would like to think we could find a strong, firm, admin to take up this mantle. As such I would like to nominate myself to oversee the admin candidates.

Naturally I would have the power to immediately demote any AC for any reason with impunity as well as complete control over their permissions in-game and in the discord.

Thank you for reading my proposal and I hope to better serve this community when this is inevitably accepted.

To speed along the process I have included an easy copy/paste for the headmins to use:
Ferret: Agree
DumbTiger:Agree
DumberOcelot:Agree
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Admin Candidates have no place to provide feedback.

Post by Timberpoes » #683757

We could just throw up feedback posts from the point the admin gets perma AC and can operate on the servers unsupervised.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Domitius

Post by Domitius » #683758

Timberpoes wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:39 am We could just throw up feedback posts from the point the admin gets perma AC and can operate on the servers unsupervised.
Too elegant and not nearly enough bureaucracy.

Also doesn't give me the power to kill AC's with lasers from my eyes.

Also please ignore the unused viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3741.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #683762

Truly you are one the former headmins called Dumbidiots of all time.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #683986

I never even realised admincandidate was a rank you could get on longer than a per-round basis under trainer supervision. If they're trusted enough to get admin perms unsupervised on an indefinite basis isn't that the point at which they're effectively a trial admin?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Domitius

Post by Domitius » #684123

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:17 am I never even realised admincandidate was a rank you could get on longer than a per-round basis under trainer supervision. If they're trusted enough to get admin perms unsupervised on an indefinite basis isn't that the point at which they're effectively a trial admin?
It's usually just for a week during the onboarding but we should still give me the power to wipe them off the face of the planet for looking at me wrong.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #686960

We don't particularly see the need for this.

As pointed out the candidate feedback thread existed despite being mostly unused: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3741

The reality is that admin candidates have plenty of eyes on and receive plenty of feedback during their candidacy, which tends to be short in nature.
Hugs