Raise threat.

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Raise threat.

Post by kieth4 » #684282

Bottom post of the previous page:

Would like to see some thought on raising the minimum threat floor to like 10, so you still have very calm shifts but there isn't a guaranteed green anymore. [Possibly LRP exclusive.]
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Re: Raise threat.

Post by MooCow12 » #686386

+1 greenshifts are not normal rounds and therefore should not be treated like normal rounds, there is no competitiveness in them so why hide the fact that they are a greenshift beforehand
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #686456

Could we keep greenshifts for MRP at least?
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #687144

Some recent context based off sybil this week. I've seen 2 green shifts and both are somewhat fun BECAUSE admins intervened with shenanigans. If they didn't it would have been a suicide worthy round as sec/medical.
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #687507

I do not understand why we tell the crew anything about the threat level. It should be a mystery every time.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #687510

Having gathered all your feedback, we're basically looking at various methods/techniques to increase the proportion of high-threat to low-threat shifts when Misdoubtful returns from vacation next week.

Any changes we wish to publicise will be done via the config changes thread, so keep an eye out.

Timberpoes: I still think low threat shifts are important, as I've seen back-to-back insane threat shifts drop server pop just as hard as back-to-back greenshifts in times long past. But dynamic changes are trivially done and undone, so if there are any problems we'll just keep pushing buttons.
Kieth4: Made the thread.
Misdoubtful: On vacation, "I'd be fine with less greens" from internal discussions.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin