Increase default lobby time by like 30-60 seconds

mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Increase default lobby time by like 30-60 seconds

Post by mrmelbert » #686225

I feel like we have more stuff than ever to do in pre-game - we've got new votes, new jobs, new antags, a ton of new character preferences, and on top of that, TGUI chat breaks every other round and I have to refresh it.
I end up missing or barely can ready up in time for roundstart if I'm joining directly off a server restart.

Increase lobby time by like at least 30 seconds, up to 60 if you're feeling generous.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Increase default lobby time by like 30-60 seconds

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #686226

Is 120 seconds + the 30-60s initialisations time really not enough to get started?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #686231

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 pm Is 120 seconds + the 30-60s initialisations time really not enough to get started?
No, if I click on the join link from the website like right after it restarts it still ends up taking me like 2 minutes to connect even though I have premium. Gives me no time when I'm actually in

Even if I'm already on the server I don't feel like it's enough time to run to the restroom and get back in time for roundstart. Unless y'all don't wash your hands.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #686250

Yeah I think this is a good idea to be honest, TGUI is nice but its slowed down a lot of the menus. Also there's a weird issue lately where I can't even interact with the prefs menu until the map has fully loaded
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #686251

Id like this, the game is definitely a bit slower than it was before and we should allow for extra time pre-round to compensate for that.
respect (let him do his thing)
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #686252

Imma be honest, I am going to join 2 seconds after the shift starts for no fucking reason is it's 120 seconds or 5 minutes.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #686255

I disagree I think it's long enough, setting up your prefs and stuff takes one round and then its done and you dont have to do it again. The time given is plenty enough to switch just any job or antag prefs for that round, increasing it further just delays the game from starting for the majority of people that will be ready in >60 seconds.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #686266

yeah an extra 30-60 seconds is a nice quality of life change
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #686267

I would also agree with 30-60 seconds more.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #686272

Just a minute extra also absolutely helps with a current ongoing issue with the game where there is difficulty rejoining after round end. I believe it's an acknowledged but not understood issue. Just a little bit more time before round start helps with this problem a lot.

Please, I've been barely able to join roundstart in months!
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #686277

yes please
► Show Spoiler
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #686306

mrmelbert wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:14 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 pm Is 120 seconds + the 30-60s initialisations time really not enough to get started?
No, if I click on the join link from the website like right after it restarts it still ends up taking me like 2 minutes to connect even though I have premium. Gives me no time when I'm actually in

Even if I'm already on the server I don't feel like it's enough time to run to the restroom and get back in time for roundstart. Unless y'all don't wash your hands.
Honestly, I feel the exact same.
Hugs
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #686310

Normalize latejoining. You don't HAVE to join roundstart and HAVE to roll for antag. If you need to take 5, 10 minutes after the round ends, just do it and latejoin TBH.
Spoiler:
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #686314

Increasing the lobby wait time would personally attract me more towards the new round alerts knowing I could make it in before roundstart. Great idea!
sinfulbliss wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:36 pm Normalize latejoining. You don't HAVE to join roundstart and HAVE to roll for antag. If you need to take 5, 10 minutes after the round ends, just do it and latejoin TBH.
For those who don't mind late joining that's great but I find it attractive to be there during round start. It makes it easier for me to get into the zone.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #686317

Let's trial this. If players dislike the additional wait, we can easily change or lower it again. If people like it, fuckin' grade-A gucci we formalise it.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #686343

Oh, it's not just me who finds timing a little tight a little too often. Neat. My bet is I can manage to still feel rushed and run out of time regardless.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #686790

We are going forwards with this and increasing the round start lobby timer from 120 to 150.

180 to 210 opps
Hugs