Remove blood brother.

LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Remove blood brother.

Post by LeekiLoku » #686816

I had a round like 2 days ago where I was a blood brother and i was super excited because I thought i rolled tot. It doesn't add nothing to the game.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Re: Restore blood brother on lrp

Post by Capsandi » #686824

Why is blood brother disabled on lrp again? Wasn't dynamic rolling it like 8 out of 10 rolls? Blood brother should be reenabled on lrp, it was fun to have nothing but a bro to conspire with and at times need to put back together after they got blown to bits by someone's deathrattle explosive.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Re: Remove blood brother.

Post by NamelessFairy » #686825

LeekiLoku wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:46 pm I had a round like 2 days ago where I was a blood brother and i was super excited because I thought i rolled tot. It doesn't add nothing to the game.
Are you sure about this? By the looks of things you primarily play on sybil where blood brothers is admin spawn only. The only server where it should roll without admin intervention is Manuel.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #686827

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Lokuthewise

List of previous rounds.

I can't find the one where you were a BB, could you please point it out for me? Either I'm blind or you're capping hard.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #686828

I had a round like 2 days ago where I was a blood brother
Disputed
and i was super excited because I thought i rolled tot.
What makes rolling blood brother think you got traitor? If you think any antag roll is traitor then that's both a skill issue and a call for you to disable blood brothers.
It doesn't add nothing to the game.
I agree! It doesn't add nothing to the game, it's an antag who's strength is cooperation instead of brute force and gamer gear, super interesting! (Your statement is a double negative).
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686829

I like blood brothers.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Restore blood brother on lrp

Post by Capsandi » #686830

This is now a pro blood brother thread bring it back but with a low weight like 8,000,000 microtraitors of a chance
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #686835

Personally I think it's uninteresting. I've had it turned off for the longest time. You don't have access to any of the cool toys, they don't have as much freedom to commit crimes like traitors do due to the significantly smaller objectives, and what little unique mechanics they have don't really contribute that much to making the round better.

From the player's POV you're tied to another player, and like most team antags, you tend to be defined by the weakest link. So if you get teamed with a player that's not interested in indepth cooperation there's nothing you can really do. You get teamed with someone who doesn't really know what they're doing and suddenly realize they've been missing most of the shift because they probably rushed sec with a knife and got executed. You get teamed with a miner who silently dies on lavaland 5 minutes in. Actually, getting teamed with a miner at all just means you won't ever see your buddy. Those are the worst case scenarios, but the best case scenario isn't that much better. Your entire team needs to escape alive, so no heroic sacrifices for the good of the team - No holding off security so your brother can escape with the objective, no last ditch efforts to give your life to create a distraction that allows your buddy to get a highly contested objective, no dangerous plans where it isn't guaranteed everyone will make it out alive. You either silently grab the objective and then NPC until the shuttle arrives or your team is probably going to lose. Sure, Greentext isn't everything, but that doesn't apply when you're working with a team who you aren't allowed to work against the interests of.

There's also the admin's POV, that players don't usually see much of. This is a mode where it's not uncommon for it to result in tickets where the only action I can take is tell the brother they're fucked or take pity on them and just dissolve the team and hand out traitor to whoever is left. One brother has to leave so I have to just upgrade the one whose left to traitor. One brother is SSD so I have to wait to see if they come back and if not upgrade the other to traitor. One brother has been missing for the entire shift, and I need to just give out traitor to the player who has not found their brother for the entire half hour round they've been looking.

I think it's far more interesting for traitors to naturally decide to team up and work together. It could also be really cool for it to be partially folded into traitor, have a system where players know another traitor has the same objectives and as long as one of them succeeds, they both will. Give them special keywords that only apply to the pair.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #686843

blood brother is great when both players are invested in their objectives, they are so compelling to the story of the round.
and hey! if your budy fucks off or dies round start congrats! you now have a free round to grief or antagonize and kill as you please.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #686851

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:23 pm if your budy fucks off or dies round start congrats! you now have a free round to grief or antagonize and kill as you please.
You don't. They are only enabled on Manuel.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #686863

kieth4 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:29 pm https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Lokuthewise

List of previous rounds.

I can't find the one where you were a BB, could you please point it out for me? Either I'm blind or you're capping hard.
I agree it’s weird, but it’s also such a weird thing to lie about; why would he want to remove an antag he never gets? Why does he care? I would put down money on the fact that it was admin spawned. Maybe a different player TC traded for it

Also BB fun.

E: I might try and remove the “both BB gotta be alive”, and maybe replace it with only needing one BB to make it out. How does that sound to everybody?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #686867

Disregard this post, I have massive brain issue. This was on fulp like last year.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #686869

I like blood brothers
► Show Spoiler
LeekiLoku

Post by LeekiLoku » #686870

Cheshify wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:35 pm
What makes rolling blood brother think you got traitor? If you think any antag roll is traitor then that's both a skill issue and a call for you to disable blood brothers.
I agree! It doesn't add nothing to the game, it's an antag who's strength is cooperation instead of brute force and gamer gear, super interesting! (Your statement is a double negative).
It plays traitor sound, and half of the time your blood brother is a RP'er who doesnt harm people.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #686875

LeekiLoku wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:02 am
Cheshify wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:35 pm
It plays traitor sound, and half of the time your blood brother is a RP'er who doesnt harm people.
If literally the only reason you're rolling antag is to kill people, we should have a long talk about the purpose of antag roles.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #686878

Antags are toggleable, if you don't like it turn it off (you don't even play blood brothers)