Post revs update idea

vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post revs update idea

Post by vect0r » #686941

follow up to viewtopic.php?f=85&t=33860.
Right now for post revs we have like 30 different factions, with rules such as 'revs can kill heads, heads can kill revs, but crew cannot kill revs or heads'.
Here is my idea:
If the revolution wins, everybody is a 'rev'. That means that exiled heads or sec can try and fight anybody, and if you see a security officer, you are allowed to beat the shit out of them. The reasoning behind this is pretty simple: if the revolution wins, it's a revolutionary station, under the command of the revolution.
This should make it simpler to figure out who you can and cannot kill, and make it so we have just inverted the factions, with the revolution being the new "crew", and the officers being the 'revolution' that everybody is hunting down, except without a third faction.

"But Vect0r" I hear you cry, "Will that just incentivize the heads to lose? What if they decide they want free antag and all run away?" I disagree: anybody who is the kind of player to do that would be disincentivized by the fact that in order to do that, you have to "lose". And plus, you already get so much leeway to kill anybody who might be a rev, and yet I don't see people running away to the shuttle ASAP.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Post revs update idea

Post by Archie700 » #686963

I would rather just do away with factions almost entirely and make everyone, including security, a revolutionary if the revs win, by breaking the mindshield implants.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Re: Post revs update idea

Post by kieth4 » #687010

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=33860

Everything else is in the hands of the coding team.