Post by EmpressMaia » #687334

Yes7
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Enable the Request Music verb

Post by Vekter » #687374

No.

I don't have a specific reason, I've just been told that I hate fun and I felt like leaning into that perception.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #687418

Also against this, I don't see any benefit to this being enabled. At best it gets ignored at worse its a nuisance or makes players feel entitled to song requests.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #687511

We'll trial turning this on.

If it causes no problems, it can stay on.

If it pisses the admins off, we'll likely turn it back off. If we do turn it off, we'll ask The Coders (TM) if they're willing to implement some sort of toggle for it that lets admins turn it on if they want to take requests but keeps it off otherwise. You know, some sort of compromise since I think individual admins would like the feature on a case-by-case basis.

To be fair, that hypothetical in-shift toggle would probably be useful regardless, but for now we'll work with what we've got.

I'll be checking in with MSO to make sure the config whitelist of URLs is acceptable. Once I've gotten the go-ahead, we will update the config changes thread when we turn it on.

Timberpoes: Try it, if it sucks turn it off and see if the codebase can improve.
Kieth4: if it gets too annoying we can turn it off
Misdoubtful: On vacation.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin