Special Ban Powers for Head Admins

EsotericSeaslug
Byond Username: EsotericSeaslug

Special Ban Powers for Head Admins

Post by EsotericSeaslug » #688396

Traditional Games Station 13 must foster a culture of fear in order to reinvigorate its democratic spirit and to purge itself of its most unsavoury elements.

Be it resolved that,

1. TG head admins, upon beginning their term, will be granted the authority to ban five ckeys from the server.
a. These bans will be permanent, and the head admin will not be accountable for the justification of these bans.
b. If a head admin is re-elected, they will receive the authority to ban another five players. This authority does not "stack". That is, if a head admin does not expend all bans before the end of their term, those bans will be capitulated indefinitely.

The desired consequences of this policy are twofold.

Firstly, players will be incentivised to vote (and to run for office themselves) on a larger scale than ever before. Most players have a number of players they would like banned, and this will become a primary campaign issue for incoming head admins. Indeed, the health of the TG community will become a democratic pursuit. For the same reason, metagangers will no longer possess the same power they once used to, as their interest groups will wane in authority compared to the will of the spacemen. The average TG player will not allow a metaganger to gain this power, as they will sufficiently fear the metagangs they already hate to such a significant degree to such a degree that they vote for those who would instead ban these metagangers themselves. In other words, civil society-administrative partnerships will become stronger than ever before through a fear-based incentive.

Secondly, players who have otherwise toed the line of toeing the line of Rule 1 will not survive the purges to come. As seen in the past with various meta-grief lists, the killing of such players is an effort supported by the masses, but most do not feel comfortable in doing so due to a toxic culture promulgated by existing policies. By democraticising arbitrary bans, this vigilantism will become entrenched in robust policy and the goodwill of the masses shall be mobilised every new election term.

It is my sincere hope that this policy is engaged with thoroughly and in good faith by all stakeholders, and my will that it be implemented before the next election term begins.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Special Ban Powers for Head Admins

Post by Timberpoes » #688397

I can already ban whoever I want for whatever reason or want (or even no reason at all) as long as the other headmins support me.

Why would I agree to limit my power to only five capricious bans per term when I already have limitless potential to end the tgstation simulation with the right co-headmins?

Insanity. Pure insanity.

My thousand year reign of terror will continue. 999 years, 3 months left.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin