Antagonist on Antagonist special interactions.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Antagonist on Antagonist special interactions.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #649791

One area of dynamic I find lacking is not enough special interactions between antagonist, even though they often occupy the same round. What I think would be cool, is more protections, quirks, and mechanics when one antagonist uses one of their abilities/items on another. Here are some ideas of where these interactions could be implemented. I ask for your ideas.

-Hand spells (Mansus Grasp, Cult stun, Wizard smite) VS Traitors/Nuke Ops with martial arts (immunity, or maybe being able to turn the spells back on them? The ultimate counter to the smite wizard.)

-Cult Stuns having different effects on heretics, and other effects on wizards.

-Cultists can do something to fight/subvert/change Slaughter Demons

-Blob VS Morph (?!?)

-Heretic spells function differently on cultists

-Cultists sacrificing heretics or wizards yields special results

-Heretics can subvert cultist runes, and vice versa

-Space dragons who eat wizards gain super magical properties, and wizards can bind and do something with space dragons with the trap spell, smite, flesh to stone, Using curse of the barnyard on space dragons turns them into giant flying fire breathing cows.

-Changelings can assimilate a blob core

-Changelings can assimilate xenomorphs

-Changelings who get converted to cult/revolution don't. Something cool happens instead
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: Antagonist on Antagonist special interactions.

Post by blackdav123 » #649796

I like the ideas of heretics and cultists fucking with eachother's magic because they both have opposing patrons. Additionally heretics being culted is much more conflicting compared to a traitor or heretic becoming cult because the heretic is effectively forced to stop progressing in the round and many of their spells just arent useful once they have access to cult magic.

I think it would be interesting if heretics and cultists were forced to kill eachother in the name of their patrons instead of converting the heretics. Give both sides being immunity to eachothers stun magics and make their respective funny hand spells only do side effects like the heretic marking targets and cultists causing a mute and slurring as well as maybe adding a knockdown.

Finally I think acended heretics should be able to fight nar sie or something similar. I think it is reasonable that an awakened avatar of an elder god could go toe to toe with ol' nar nar (and probably get ripped to bits by harvesters).
Weston Echard on Sybil
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #650947

Also, the idea of revolutionary traitors leads a bad taste in my mouth. I think I'd like some sort of interaction thats stops that. Cultist traitors are fine though.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #655131

>Changelings who get converted to cult/revolution don't. Something cool happens instead
How about they are free to kill Rev heads, and if they eat their corpse they become the new rev head?
>-Cult Stuns having different effects on heretics, and other effects on wizards.
The more notable change would be Cults and Wizards both have access to constructs. So some kind of way for Wizards to Hijack cult constructs, or Cults through runes to win back Wizard Constructs could be interesting.
> -Changelings can assimilate a blob core
I think them teaming up would be more interesting. After changelings consume Blob flesh, they can basically become a thrall of the Blob. A blobbernaut form, which would allow the changeling to walk on blob tiles, get a passive healing effect and revive on blob tiles, chat with the blob player, and a superior combat ability, like arm blades for both arms, so they are never short of a weapon, but can't do much short of combat once they take on that form.
Doctor Ape
Byond Username: Doctorape

Post by Doctor Ape » #655140

Wouldn't the changeling- blob thing be a little bit broken though? Given how much the average station crew already struggles with a normal blob, now imagine it had 2 Free Blobbernauts that also can sabotage the backlines. I can't see this being remotely balanced without the blob getting debuffed in return.

As for the wizard fucking with the cult magics:
Sounds like a pretty cool idea. Given that it also is rare enough to have both cult and wizard (and they would be somewhat at odds instead of helping each other) I can see this being fun and more importantly, balanced.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #655216

Traitor tomes should act as a null rod against cultists
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #655293

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:19 pm Traitor tomes should act as a null rod against cultists
+1
RandumbPhantomb
Byond Username: Randumb Phantomb

Post by RandumbPhantomb » #708754

I think antags should have more interactions than "I'm a changeling lol look at my arm blade lol wanna kill the captain?" Like maybe a ling could remember a traitor uplink and their victim's traitor goals, gain the enlightenment of the mansus as well. Maybe sacrificing a traitor could leave their uplink and only their uplink behind(it's a gift from the mansus or something IDK)