New traitor psychologist item

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Troxonater
Byond Username: Trox McYeet

New traitor psychologist item

Post by Troxonater » #655477

Supa Hot Fires Guide to Roasting: A 5 tc traitor item that teaches Psychologists how to roast people. Gives an ability called “roast.” When roast is activated, the Psychologist first chooses a target in their view. Then they type out the roast. This roast lowers their mood and sanity a tier, and adds the moodlet “Holy shit I just got roasted.” It's really easy to metagame but It’s more of a joke item anyways.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: New traitor psychologist item

Post by saprasam » #655482

im going to use this roast ability on somebody, then immediately get validhunted because it provides no actual benefit to me at all
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Doctor Ape
Byond Username: Doctorape

Post by Doctor Ape » #655491

How about cranking it up to 8 TC and in return when someone you roasted hits the lowest level of sanity in a set amount of time, they suffer a heart attack? Still almost always too niche, but at least it would be a funny gimmick.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #655510

If you get roasted too much you should take burn damage. Maybe even get set on fire if your character has the psychological quirks like unstable, social anxiety, or depression (why not let the psychologist exploit someone's mental vulnerabilities?)
► Show Spoiler
tabbot
Byond Username: Name20411

Post by tabbot » #657400

there needs to be a way to prevent roasting from being an instant validhunter tell though shouldn't there be?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #657468

tabbot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:39 pm there needs to be a way to prevent roasting from being an instant validhunter tell though shouldn't there be?
just make it op like the e-sword or mimes wizard traitor silencing magic and it'll be okay

getting roasted enough should give you a phobia of the psychologist
► Show Spoiler