Heads can swipe head-consoles to co-ordinate access remotely

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Heads can swipe head-consoles to co-ordinate access remotely

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #266042

Basically if you've ever been in a stressful head position, demoting people fully is a pain because you have to yank them all the way over to the HOP's office to get anything done, especially in such a case where staffmembers already have additional access which is not desired the title applies.

Protocol goes like this, person gets yanked into brig (or gets beaten down with ID removed, RD/MD walks into office with it)

> Insert ID into console, there is a button to communicate with *all* logged in identity consoles to access the ID current within the head console

> In theory the HOP can be in office, and when a head of staff can't effectively demote/change rank of a subordinate or wants to fire them contacts the HOP who changes the document via their own console, receives the notification approves the changes onto the ID which is currently within the head console.

> For security reasons the head on the other end also has to approve the changes, they should be talking over the command channels or PDA's to negotiate key points, but ultimately it either goes through bridge and the highest ranking ID overrides a lower ranking approvement (meaning the captain gets final say).

Makes the paperwork of putting down and kicking out shitters faster.

Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Heads can swipe head-consoles to co-ordinate access remo

Post by Shaps-cloud » #266057

I've never really had an issue with firing people, either cuff them and have sec take them away to the HoP, drag them there yourself, strip their access with your ID console (though this doesn't take their title), or just confiscate their ID and make them go to the HoP for a new one
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #266075

There's the obvious grieflords who drag away suspects or rush into HOP office to contend with, then actually summoning the HOP takes short of a satanic ritual of moaning over PDA/comms and beating to death a assistant over a crayon pentagon. Sec incompetence/sidelining and if you use the native department consoles you can't remove certain bits of access

(Security officers still have access to their appointed areas etc, because you only decativated the security column and keep their former title) the primary idea is to have heads be able to demote people with co-ordination from their offices as a collaborative acknowledgement between command.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #266085

You do not have to take people to the HoP office; Your own head office has a console which does what you ask. Additionally, if you have a tablet, ask a silicon or the HoP to download the ID program to it such that you can demote people where you stand.

EDIT: I failed to read Shaps' post fully. I am saying the same thing he did, basically.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #266154

make the head's ID console also rename them to assistant.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #266158

Gun Hog wrote:You do not have to take people to the HoP office; Your own head office has a console which does what you ask. Additionally, if you have a tablet, ask a silicon or the HoP to download the ID program to it such that you can demote people where you stand.

EDIT: I failed to read Shaps' post fully. I am saying the same thing he did, basically.
I think you're misunderstanding the idea that I know the heads console can demote people, but it doesn't always have the administrative power to fully demote them (they still have a title & some additional access outside your department field)
Armhulen wrote:make the head's ID console also rename them to assistant.
That would be the job of the HOP to amend in cleaning up the remaining bits of additional access after they are called infront of a identity console. Really you're just forwarding on the ID to the identity desk to finish the job and kick the now jobless hobo out for good.

Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #266200

There's so many different ways to deal with a shitter right now and making another thing that requires two people to swipe (Goodluck getting hops to even care about your idea if it's implemented, IF.) is bad.
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #266202

An ID demoted with a department console has the job title "Unassigned".
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #266355

Swindly wrote:An ID demoted with a department console has the job title "Unassigned".
That's only if the job access is entirely defined within the category (security = brig/wardens office/HOS office etc. but not their armband assigned additional access)

> Proof nobody reads my suggestions beside a glance as i've said my point about additional access two times already

Spoiler: