Fake Suicide Implant

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Fake Suicide Implant

Post by John_Oxford » #266471

5 TC - Implant it and you get four hotkeys in the top left that will kill you, however it prevents you from ghosting or seeing dead chat, as you actually aren't dead. One use.

Hotkey One - Ballistic Suicide - You shot yourself with a weapon, it prompts you to pick what weapon you want to fake shooting yourself with, once you select it, it will play the firing sound for that weapon, and drop a spent shell respective to that weapons caliber. You read out having maximum brute on your head, your face appears to have the maximum brute overlay, generally you can sell this even more by buying a weapon and taking one shell casing out then holding it in your hand so it drops on the floor when you activate the implant. It DOES NOT spawn any kind of weapon, real or not, at your feet. Only the spent shell casing.

Hotkey Two - Laser Suicide - You shot yourself with a laser gun, laser cannon, or laser accelerator cannon. Gives you a choice between a xray sound, heavy laser sound, light laser sound, or radioactive laser sound. Once activated it plays the selected sound, maxes the burn on your head, and gives you a suicide message.

Hotkey Three - Air Tank Suicide - Strips all of your gear onto the floor, takes 20% of your blood and follows through with the gibbing animation. If you have a air tank in your hand, you'll drop it in accordance with how you would conduct suicide with it normally. You appear to be completely max damaged on every organ. You aren't bleeding however, which will be a tell tale sign if it was a fake death or not.

Hotkey Four - Forced Suicide - Just drops you on the floor and gives you a suicide message. You have lost no blood and taken no damage, however it will read as you having severe bruising and severe burns, it will also prompt if you wish to relinquish 20% of your blood amount and bleed it across your clothes and on the tile your standing on, to make it more believable.

After you "die", you will receive two hotkeys.

Hotkey One - Passive Return - You remain laying down, and still appear to be dead to anyone looking, however its no longer a suicide message, its a normal dead message. You can stay in this state for five minutes, before the implants effectiveness wears off, and you just look to be laying down.

Hotkey Two - Aggressive Return - You immediately pop up, you have 5 units of every healing chemical, epi, and meth deposited into you. However you are confused, and will stumble and occasionally drop items for the next 15 seconds after doing this. If you are chained to something, you will immediately break one of the restraints. Meaning if you are buckle cuffed, you will be unbuckled, the same applies for chairs.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Fake Suicide Implant

Post by Qbopper » #266476

This is a bit more interesting that the other suicide related proposal

I'm not entirely sure if I agree with it or not, but the concept of temporarily disguising yourself as a suicide is a little more palatable - messing with the OOC info is still going to be tricky though
Limey wrote:its too late.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #266478

5TCs is a pretty steep cost for something like that, maybe you could also have it inject a small amount of zombie powder so you appear dead to medical testing? I'd also cut it down to 2TCs, but that's just my opinion.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #266490

Anonmare wrote:5TCs is a pretty steep cost for something like that, maybe you could also have it inject a small amount of zombie powder so you appear dead to medical testing? I'd also cut it down to 2TCs, but that's just my opinion.
If it does have the suicide message on examine I think 5TC is reasonable

You're exploiting that element that is usually reserved solely for OOC info, so I think paying a fair chunk of TCs is a good way to balance it out
Limey wrote:its too late.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #266673

I don't think there's any suggestion that bypasses this OOC RPconvention that i'd be ok with.

Just toss zombie powder in the uplink and mix it with coiax's mime chem if that ever went through. Does exactly what you want [play dead]
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #266679

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I don't think there's any suggestion that bypasses this OOC RPconvention that i'd be ok with.

Just toss zombie powder in the uplink and mix it with coiax's mime chem if that ever went through. Does exactly what you want [play dead]
If you're in an area littered with corpses lying down and *deathgasping for good measure works too. I've managed to survive a couple of shuttle rampages where mechs were mowing people down that way.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #266689

Jacough wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I don't think there's any suggestion that bypasses this OOC RPconvention that i'd be ok with.

If you're in an area littered with corpses lying down and *deathgasping for good measure works too. I've managed to survive a couple of shuttle rampages where mechs were mowing people down that way.
I've killed security *deathgasping when they have me brigged so they just leave me to rot.

Only works once per player though unfortunately.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #266792

A non-stun variant of zombie powder could work nicely for this purpose without being overcomplicated.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.