A aggressive lobotomy surgery to recall notes while alive

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

A aggressive lobotomy surgery to recall notes while alive

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267543

Adding on from the traitor cassete tape, this is a method of surgery helps to recall notes forcibly from someones memory. Basically torture the poor sod within definitely not AI approved guidelines until they squeal on paper or by mouth pleading with you not to steal away their darkest secrets. RP fun for all the family.

Surgery for (soon to be) dummies.

> Target the head with surgical sheet.

> Firstly you break the skull using a hemostat by inserting it between the eye socket on the health ragdoll, causing a small amount of compound damage

> Next you scalpel clamp & saw the now cracked temple of the skull open (head on the health puppet)

> Apply sterilizine in order to cause less injuries when the brain is exposed but not to be removed, and repeat (the operating chair computer will read out the notes slowly) using a scalpel & a hemostat in slow surgery on HELPFUL intent, it will cause repairable brain damage but not as harmful as doing so without sterilizine which carries VERY high risk of killing the patient. Patient has to be alive & not ghosted.

> Switching to harmful intent conducts a lobotomy that splits the brain up into chunks, and permanently caps brain damage (brain organ can be healed with synthflesh outside the body) to low levels, as well as wiping the memory of notes.
> The centcomm surgeon general recommends for public health that all rebellious greytiders should have this treatment to ensure a more productive & happy workforce via contacting their local security medical practioner.

> They cite notable "All-American" historical figures who have had lobotomies like Kathleen Kennedy as poster rolemodels of modern station running.

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: A aggressive lobotomy surgery to recall notes while aliv

Post by PKPenguin321 » #267548

Lobotomies, sure. Hard, free tell to find out just what type of antag you've caught by reading their notes? No thanks.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #267552

PKPenguin321 wrote:Lobotomies, sure. Hard, free tell to find out just what type of antag you've caught by reading their notes? No thanks.
Agreed.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267556

A good antag wouldn't get caught like that anyway and you'd search them thoroughly to find something on their person, so your arguement deflates. Forcing this surgery without good reason the AI/bystanders/antag collegues will step in to stop.

There's also the "I might aswell deathgasp now/ghost/pop the cyanide toothpill because im fucked" option if you're not willing to have your notes learnt since you are required to be c-key concious & alive. Its meant to be for antags so far down shit's creek they might as well give up. If you're in the funny farm restraint suit with no freedom implant awaiting your lobotomy without a act of god or co-ordination/luck its game over son.

> The information gained from it is tactical, used to further security/personal defences, if you for some reason had a restrained changeling, you could also do this to learn that they are stealing brain notes.

> Its probably better a antag burst in & kill you there and then rather than have you blab and ruin everything.

Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #267559

PKPenguin321 wrote:Lobotomies, sure. Hard, free tell to find out just what type of antag you've caught by reading their notes? No thanks.
That's assuming they don't just use notepad for all their notes so people can't steal them.
"B-b-but the admins can see their notes are blank and ban them for it!"

How are they going to prove that little Johnny didn't just memorize the fact that he's supposed to kill the chaplain and escape on the shuttle alive as well as his uplink code? Not that hard to memorize that kind of shit so it's not exactly as easy to prove as metacomms.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267572

Just reinforce them with a warning to fill their notes in or do it for them with said warning not to forget. Unless they innocently know, players would be accountable for losing their memory and you can make it transparent the effects of losing your memory via chatlog "you can feel your memory becoming fuzzy & fading"

Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #267578

HoS was only supposed to look like a nazi.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #267580

All so you can have your hard counter? No thanks.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #267582

Can we just scrap the note bit and allow lobotomies to permanently give someone severe brain damage? I need this.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267584

Luke Cox wrote:Can we just scrap the note bit and allow lobotomies to permanently give someone severe brain damage? I need this.
Feel free to pick and choose, i still would rather you take the whole thing, but the surgery is still functional just as a lobotomy procedure im just trying to make notes/memory interaction interesting and useful.
Lumbermancer wrote:HoS was only supposed to look like a nazi.
I can't help it if the HOS is a chronic Wehraboo anymore and im past arguing about it anymore

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #267592

The shitty ideas thread is up there ^
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #267603

The shed bekons
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #267645

kevinz000 wrote:The shed bekons
No, fwoosh doesnt deserve the shed.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #267654

A better suggestion - confine Fwoosh to the shed and forbid him to moonlight anywhere else
Bring back papercult.

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #267683

Like seriously how do you so shamelessly suggest an sure fire universal antagonist test lmao fwoosh go back to the shed.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #267684

the shed is too good for fwoosh.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #267686

seriously i hate to be rude but fwoosh are you thinking through the balance implications of any of your ideas

these ideas seem to be conceived because they seem cool at first, not because they add anything to the game
Limey wrote:its too late.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #267812

This idea isn't quite stupid enough to warrant shedding.

But it's pretty goddamn stupid.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267844

MisterPerson wrote:This idea isn't quite stupid enough to warrant shedding.

But it's pretty goddamn stupid.
This hurts me more than what the regular reeecritics have been saying but im satisfied and happy you took time to read through it.
kevinz000 wrote:Like seriously how do you so shamelessly suggest an sure fire universal antagonist test lmao fwoosh go back to the shed.
Like literally why not? Its pretty advanced stage 'universal test' which pretty much entails you fully caught on a medical bed being wheeled away from sec in a restraining suit and then operated on in medbay. Not like i've suggested you took a drop of blood to identify whether you are a changeling or not by sending it off to the forensics lab to be worked on and studied by nerds. Unlike the cassette tape idea it's just supplementary to anything and specifically needs a operating console which fufills dual purpose of helping surgeons & relaying the info. (plus a reason to use sterilizine/anesthetic rather than leave traitors blacked out on anesthetic in the execution room all round)

> If you at first don't like my ideas, least try to look for the parts you do like (luke cox is a fan of lobotomies etc.) and let me know so i can actually construct something you want, it wont stop me arguing forward my original point case however within the space of the thread.

Universal is also a false claim, it only applies to traitors & changelings though other people/antagonists could be implicated by what you find there, its not concrete of guilt even if there is intent to commit a crime shown.

Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #267845

Lemme be clear. If we decide to go down a route where antags are generally obvious and forgo stealth antags in general, then I don't actually have a problem with a post-facto antag test that also reveals the objectives. But if people do want those thing, this is obviously extremely counteractive to those goals.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267848

My counterarguement as to why i suggested the cassette tapes here & this lobotomy test is into a wider scheme of accountability and detraction from stealthyness as you've said atleast in the beggining of the round (needs to play a loud tape to learn objectives put into the IC domain) and in the later stages of the round where the detection via mind probing post capture (if there is capture) will be as damaging as losing a open uplink with 10 tc or a syndicate encryption ear channel for dropping in on other traitors.

At the end of the day the traitor is still a completely invisible antagonistic human being when they don't commit a overt crime ("Its only a crime when you get caught") and as such can operate undercover the entire round with all their objectives. Or do absolutely nothing at all during a round safe in the assumption that natural cause of events killed both their person (most traitors ironically forget they are traitors) targets. Changelings push direct conflict and leave husks around which is a marker of misdeeds more personal to them but different in a antagonistic sense.

> Functionally its impossible to actually interrogate a traitor outside of implicit co-operative RP, the only thing that could connect a traitor is forensic evidence or direct misdeeds though both can be misleading (if you don't find anything on then, body disposed or has no traces, took extreme caution to use gloves/carefulness etc), the brain scans can also be misleading if tratiors make a effort to bury the information in their minds but helps make a stronger case if you put this invasive brain surgery as a last response to dig for clues because of its destructive nature.

Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #267850

Lobotomies are a neat idea.

It also should be heavily RNG dependant. So when you perform a lobotomy there's a small chance nothing bad will happen. So maybe you have a 10% chance of suffering major brain damage, a 60% chance of suffering minor brain damage, a 25% chance of suffering no brain damage and a 5% chance of healing any brain damage you have.

Its utterly worthless as a healing mechanic for brain damage, but it available as a option for the more malicious doctor. Also you can re-create the Hannibal Lecter scene where he feeds a man parts of his own brain.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267853

Steelpoint wrote:Lobotomies are a neat idea.

It also should be heavily RNG dependant. So when you perform a lobotomy there's a small chance nothing bad will happen. So maybe you have a 10% chance of suffering major brain damage, a 60% chance of suffering minor brain damage, a 25% chance of suffering no brain damage and a 5% chance of healing any brain damage you have.

Its utterly worthless as a healing mechanic for brain damage, but it available as a option for the more malicious doctor. Also you can re-create the Hannibal Lecter scene where he feeds a man parts of his own brain.
Sterilizine is your key friend for not causing damage by raising the rate of success for surgery, if you count there's success (-knock 25% health off each stage) and success++ (do little damage but masterfully carve out the intended amount of brain damage) because obviously you don't want to kill your patient.

> Its not intentionally a healing mechanic, its a lobotomy. The only thing to cure is chronic greytide & wiping away memory notes.

Spoiler: