Chemistry reinforcement on box

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Chemistry reinforcement on box

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276735

Bottom post of the previous page:

Its no better when after 10 minutes of digging minerals miners do the same thing to science but instead break in usually taking the minerals with them and forcing the scientists to stop what they are doing immediately as to make boss killing weapons when evidently they just digged all those minerals before relatively unaided and have plenty of tools in the mining vendor? (or somehow steal boards to build R&D in cargo) lots of workspace invaders, its a universal problem.
Cherrypone wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:God forbid chemistry doesn't produce only mutagen
seriously holy shit is waiting 30 seconds for them to finish what they're doing to give you memefuel to flood the station with annoying shit that they probably don't want you to grow anyways
I don't grow dumb shit I just make medbay virtually obsolete with my healing apples
How the fuck would you feel if a chef or chemist broke into botany roundstart because they needed plants and didn't want to wait for you to grow them or even ask, because 'botanists never do their job anyways'?
"How the fuck would you feel if a greyshirt broke into Engineering roundstart because they needed gloves & mats and didn't want to wait for you to start building shit or ask because engineers never do their job anyway?"

Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276749

FantasticFwoosh wrote:"How the fuck would you feel if a greyshirt broke into Engineering roundstart because they needed gloves & mats and didn't want to wait for you to start building shit or ask because engineers never do their job anyway?"
I don't understand are you agreeing or disagreeing
Limey wrote:its too late.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276754

Cherrypone wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:God forbid chemistry doesn't produce only mutagen
seriously holy shit is waiting 30 seconds for them to finish what they're doing to give you memefuel to flood the station with annoying shit that they probably don't want you to grow anyways
I don't grow dumb shit I just make medbay virtually obsolete with my healing apples
How the fuck would you feel if a chef or chemist broke into botany roundstart because they needed plants and didn't want to wait for you to grow them or even ask, because 'botanists never do their job anyways'?
That's fine and happens often. They often let me take over if I let them know I'll watch it but if they want to grow something they can go ahead. Things I also don't mind: Assistants sneaking into cargo to use the autolathe, scientists going to lavaland to break rocks with bombs, and non geneticists using the cloner.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276757

Qbopper wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:"How the fuck would you feel if a greyshirt broke into Engineering roundstart because they needed gloves & mats and didn't want to wait for you to start building shit or ask because engineers never do their job anyway?"
I don't understand are you agreeing or disagreeing
Staying neutral, im poking fun at the statement but also drawing a example of where else it might be realistically applied. Its not a false statement however, if you just omit the words greyshirt for atmos & intent for setting up the roundstart engine because engineers not doing anything.

Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276764

Lazengann wrote:That's fine and happens often. They often let me take over if I let them know I'll watch it but if they want to grow something they can go ahead. Things I also don't mind: Assistants sneaking into cargo to use the autolathe, scientists going to lavaland to break rocks with bombs, and non geneticists using the cloner.
Then you're missing the point

some people want to do the job that has them interact with others

If you want to let the chef grow his own food that's bully for you but that doesn't change the fact you're pissing the fuck out of people who aren't okay with you doing things like that
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276767

There's a garden on most station maps, but its halfway across the station, while the hydroponics next door to you has a private agenda to secretly replace medbay & weaponise its crops whilst ignoring or under-delivering your orders directly.

Meanwhile your chef food which serves as buffs & art has to make do with no wheat to make future bread, barely any supplies. Bartender also has a long face to not make any exotic drinks like easy singulo from bluespace bananas.

> On metastation there is a shared door so the chef can just invade your space if you're not in, however on box there's a annoying windoor and usually people just deconstruct it because getting into box hydro to do stuff yourself (not that the chef should need to) is a pain in the ass.

Spoiler:
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276779

Qbopper wrote: Then you're missing the point

some people want to do the job that has them interact with others

If you want to let the chef grow his own food that's bully for you but that doesn't change the fact you're pissing the fuck out of people who aren't okay with you doing things like that
Well personally I find working together to grow things for cool drinks and food items gives me many more chances to interact and make friends than awkwardly standing still by the fridge and talking from different rooms does. I don't like fun that comes at the expense of others. If the chef has more fun by growing his own tomatoes, I'm not going to deny him that just so I can feel important and needed by making him wait for me. I do my own projects to get that feeling.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #276784

Lazengann wrote:I don't like fun that comes at the expense of others.
Lazengann wrote:Right now I just move the fridge and deconstruct the table and I'm out of there with the prize in like six seconds.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #276788

As soon as the freeze is over I'll PR this. I've been meaning to do it anyways
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276789

BeeSting12 wrote:As soon as the freeze is over I'll PR this. I've been meaning to do it anyways
Hugbox
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276790

cedarbridge wrote:
Lazengann wrote:I don't like fun that comes at the expense of others.
Lazengann wrote:Right now I just move the fridge and deconstruct the table and I'm out of there with the prize in like six seconds.
Do you think I'm taking dispensers when there's two chemists inside?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #276794

Lazengann wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:As soon as the freeze is over I'll PR this. I've been meaning to do it anyways
Hugbox
How is this hugbox? Most of the maps already have it, it makes IC sense seeing as RnD and EVA are both r-walled, and they make arguably less dangerous items. From what I can tell, you're just a botany player still salty over the well deserved nerf and you break into chemistry every other round because you don't give a shit about other people, just making your meme plants. (by the way chemist or not I will space anyone who takes a chem dispenser)
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276795

BeeSting12 wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
Hugbox
How is this hugbox? Most of the maps already have it, it makes IC sense seeing as RnD and EVA are both r-walled, and they make arguably less dangerous items. From what I can tell, you're just a botany player still salty over the well deserved nerf and you break into chemistry every other round because you don't give a shit about other people, just making your meme plants. (by the way chemist or not I will space anyone who takes a chem dispenser)
You call me salty but that last sentence reveals you to be a salt golem, begone.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #276798

no it's just my personal policy. anyone stealing a chem dispenser is a s h i t t e r (fuck you wordfilter) and deserves to die.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #276800

>I run out of the lab to go get a bluespace beaker from R&D

>Some faggot jacks all my shit
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #276801

Lazengann wrote:
Cherrypone wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:snip
snip
snip
That's fine and happens often. They often let me take over if I let them know I'll watch it but if they want to grow something they can go ahead. Things I also don't mind: Assistants sneaking into cargo to use the autolathe, scientists going to lavaland to break rocks with bombs, and non geneticists using the cloner.
No but it's like what if they wrenched up your trays, vending machines, took the gene splicer, and then said no fuck you I need this for my job not like you do it anyway lmao. then the three botanists have to share half of what they had before.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276805

BeeSting12 wrote: No but it's like what if they wrenched up your trays, vending machines, took the gene splicer, and then said no fuck you I need this for my job not like you do it anyway lmao. then the three botanists have to share half of what they had before.
Stop you butthurt embarrassment. It'd be like someone taking half of the botany trays while nobody was using them. I think out of all the times I've taken the dispenser only once or twice have they ever asked for it back.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #276816

I'm not butthurt. I'm just giving you the equivalent of it for botany. You're taking job critical equipment from medical when you can just ask for what you need. And of course they don't ask for it back, who asks for things in ss13?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #276818

itt i read first page and lose so much respect for lazengann when i realize he's a botany greyshit who deserves nothing and suddenly like the idea of the thread just to deny botanshits and co. who steal dispensers when i used to scream hugbox.
also if you steal chemistry's shit and they validsaled you don't expect them to not retaliate and if i'm playing chemist or anyone else i'll be the first one to shoot you with a one hit down if not one hit kill and if i'm security i'll just storm your department for it, no one has to put up with your shit that you brag about.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276820

I'm not actually a shit as hopefully people who play with me can attest I just employ a lot of hyperbole to get my feelings across.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #276821

Lazengann wrote: That's fine and happens often. They often let me take over if I let them know I'll watch it but if they want to grow something they can go ahead. Things I also don't mind: Assistants sneaking into cargo to use the autolathe, scientists going to lavaland to break rocks with bombs, and non geneticists using the cloner.
using the autolathe to print off a multitool is one thing, stealing the fucking thing because "cargotechs never do their job anyways" would be quite another and you can expect to be tossed into the path of the shuttle for it
likewise stealing the cloner will get you hunted down and killed
the point isn't using other people's shit, it's depriving them of the use of it when they have a much greater need for it than you do
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276823

Screemonster wrote:
Lazengann wrote: That's fine and happens often. They often let me take over if I let them know I'll watch it but if they want to grow something they can go ahead. Things I also don't mind: Assistants sneaking into cargo to use the autolathe, scientists going to lavaland to break rocks with bombs, and non geneticists using the cloner.
using the autolathe to print off a multitool is one thing, stealing the fucking thing because "cargotechs never do their job anyways" would be quite another and you can expect to be tossed into the path of the shuttle for it
likewise stealing the cloner will get you hunted down and killed
the point isn't using other people's shit, it's depriving them of the use of it when they have a much greater need for it than you do
No listen

OK pay attention I'm gonna say this once and real quiet like

There are two dispensers but one cloner
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276833

Lazengann wrote:I'm not actually a shit as hopefully people who play with me can attest I just employ a lot of hyperbole to get my feelings across.
>I was only pretending to be retarded, I do it so people will understand me

???
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #276862

If you think I think my shitposting out you are sorely mistaken
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #276864

Qbopper stop feeding the trolls
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #276875

three whole pages for a problem that could have been fixed with two shutters and a button.

even im not that autistic, and thats saying a fucking lot
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #276891

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #276892

John_Oxford wrote:three whole pages for a problem that could have been fixed with two shutters and a button.

even im not that autistic, and thats saying a fucking lot
nah they enter through 1 of two ways:

1. weld the wall directly above the chem dispenser and wrench it away
2. wrench the vendor, move it, wrench the table, wrench dispenser and run
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #276937

What if

he just gets banned
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #276938

Saegrimr wrote:What if

he just gets banned
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276943

Screemonster wrote: the point isn't using other people's shit, it's depriving them of the use of it when they have a much greater need for it than you do
But the previous people for multiple reasons don't use it or use it as something of convenience. Nobody complains about public access machines, and putting a job role (without associated mandatory responsibility to do service and be a gatekeeper to avoid misuse AKA chemists) in charge of said machine is too frustrating for some people.

- The research director can link up a quantum pad & or go mining by hijacking the auxillary base.

Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276960

Saegrimr wrote:What if

he just gets banned
Because I'm not going to ban someone because they may or may not do something without actual evidence? Dunno about the other admins but I'm not comfortable using hearsay as an excuse to lay down bans without some kind of proof, even if I believe they do it anyways, and I haven't seen him do it in game
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #276964

Annex hydro to the cmo so he can go in and beat them when they pull this shit.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #276965

I think the whole 'powergaming botany' thing started when botany was pretty much needed for high tech levels, and if you didn't get them right away science would try to bomb you.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276971

TheColdTurtle wrote:I think the whole 'powergaming botany' thing started when botany was pretty much needed for high tech levels, and if you didn't get them right away science would try to bomb you.
It started when the gene machine was moved in and it became more profitable (which fits into your timeline of tech level research dependency too) to simply spam levels to max, store the stats forever, then cheat via using GAIA trays for best statistic infinitely reproducable (with non-mutation & extra yield harvest botany chem) that can be broken down into similarly super strong seeds.

Gaia tray, max stats and a perennial growth killer tomato farm with 120 lifespan and infinite seeds from unused produce is the end result. Remember when botanists had to REALLY hunch over their produce to get a better than normal harvest? 100 potency without gene machine and purely from mutations after perfecting the plant genetics used to be a special feat only experienced botanists could pull off, since unstable mutagen was too unpredictable to waste on your valued plants.

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #276992

Go back to the mutagen only days of botany when. Show these spoiled shits what hard work is
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #277030

Qbopper wrote:I haven't seen him do it in game
Fair enough
FantasticFwoosh wrote:It started when the gene machine was moved in
That thing is ridiculous. I tried to get into botany before that little machine and it was annoying but doable.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #277045

TheColdTurtle wrote:I think the whole 'powergaming botany' thing started when botany was pretty much needed for high tech levels, and if you didn't get them right away science would try to bomb you.
Whatever science player thinks they need botany as the only way to do it and they also have miners needs to stop playing science unless they take an effort to get good
(Less rude version: if you depend on botany for levels you suck)
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #277164

maybe we should just revert this game to what it was 3 years ago and see where we go from there
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #277168

kevinz000 wrote:
Whatever science player thinks they need botany as the only way to do it and they also have miners needs to stop playing science unless they take an effort to get good
(Less rude version: if you depend on botany for levels you suck)
how is either one of those polite? totally agree though but still
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #277587

When botanists are too dumb to make plants that produce mutagen
The future is horrible!
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #277865

Ezel wrote:When botanists are too dumb to make plants that produce mutagen
haha and we thought sybil players were more robust :^)
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #277882

cant make saltpetre plants
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #277891

Lazengann wrote:cant make saltpetre plants
No, but if you can manage not to be an asocial jerk for a couple minutes science might bring you a chem dispensor that literally produces saltpetre with a single button press and a floral somatory.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #277894

It can also make infinite supply of mutagen, duuuuuuuuuuuuh

Spoiler:
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #277895

cedarbridge wrote: No, but if you can manage not to be an asocial jerk for a couple minutes science might bring you a chem dispensor that literally produces saltpetre with a single button press and a floral somatory.
I had to get science access to get anything while you were scientist yesterday
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #277896

Just give botany a science channel, they have enough machines and R&D potential to warrant colluding with science.

> Remove gaia's current effects, make it last a limited time then refresh the tray to the maxmium levels, meaning that a upgraded tray will ALWAYS be superior to just applying gaia by itself but you can never leave a plant unattended, gaia needs regrowing & refreshment upon empty trays to consistently use (making you choose between long term farming a plant or ripping it up and replanting gaia to put a new plant ontop of.)

Upgrade tray with 0/100 water and 0/10 nutrients with upgraded manipulators and matter bins (WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN) to upgrade it to 0/300+ water and 0/50+ nutriment max, then add gaia, the plant will survive on gaia effects, but then the gaia wears off and the tray is refreshed to max and weeds/pests start growing again so its balanced.

Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #277910

cedarbridge wrote:a chem dispensor that literally produces saltpetre with a single button press.
Wot?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #277915

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Just give botany a science channel, they have enough machines and R&D potential to warrant colluding with science.

> Remove gaia's current effects, make it last a limited time then refresh the tray to the maxmium levels, meaning that a upgraded tray will ALWAYS be superior to just applying gaia by itself but you can never leave a plant unattended, gaia needs regrowing & refreshment upon empty trays to consistently use (making you choose between long term farming a plant or ripping it up and replanting gaia to put a new plant ontop of.)

Upgrade tray with 0/100 water and 0/10 nutrients with upgraded manipulators and matter bins (WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN) to upgrade it to 0/300+ water and 0/50+ nutriment max, then add gaia, the plant will survive on gaia effects, but then the gaia wears off and the tray is refreshed to max and weeds/pests start growing again so its balanced.
Botany already got nerfed
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #277916

why dont i just revert botany
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #277917