Dead ckeyless/suicided bodies turn into skeletons over time

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Dead ckeyless/suicided bodies turn into skeletons over time

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278095

See title, after a while their flesh starts to slough off revealing a special kind of pernamently dead racial skeleton (as opposed to 'living' skeletons so people don't cheat & cheese it) as well as stripping away their identity, of course by identifying the ribs you can classify what gender they were though.

Dead people with ghosted bodies after recieving a lot of damage across a long amount of time without being in a container (with exceptions) also become skeletons, besides from tissue loss, if nobody really ever comes to find you, all they are going to find are bones. Mobs with human body drops will also turn into skeletons after a amount of time

> Punishes people being dead forever then getting back into the round, if yer dead or were stupid enough to get yourself suicided and killed, its for good.

> Miners & ghost roles out on lavaland recieve a lot of damage into husking from storms, so turn into skeletons quicker, not to say that a lot of them was retrievable from a husked state anyway, but the brain will be destroyed when they turn into the skeleton phase, having rotted away.
It'd need better skeleton mechanics, such as either differentiating the two types of skeletons (living race & non living race) or unifying the two into a system that works as well as updating the sprites when skeletons are gibbed to properly split them into parts & give 'meat' and 'skin' correctly.

- Dead plasmamen turn into burnt out skeletons in their suits when they degrade, lizards have bony tails, flypeople only husk (because exoskeleton) while slime/jellypeople turn into a decal slime stain.

- Hang out legion mob humans out on a rack and harvest the bones afterwards as a brand new way for ashwalkers to collect bones, skulls and other bits and bobs.

- Everyone has dental records for a lack of DNA, the detective can cross reference with the medical database, target the mouth with the analyser.

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Dead ckeyless/suicided bodies turn into skeletons over t

Post by Wyzack » #278100

Ash storms stripping away flesh would be pretty cool
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278105

Its a good example of consistent HEAVY damage, as all the body parts take damage (buggy items, but legs turning into leg bones etc after high brute/burn damage over time) though you could do the same by battering a corpse extremely badly with a blunt weapon/lighting it on fire to the max limits of damage to do it faster.

It'd take atleast 25 minutes (i mean just speculative numbers without tweaking) or so for a regular dead body without damage to turn into a skeleton in my reckoning, enough for sec to be incompetent, but hopefully amusing enough to find a literal skeleton in the cupboard within the same round they were killed.

Extended is just bones EVERYWHERE.

Though having a set of bones propped up on a stand rack might be cool in the CMO's/RD's office.

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #278111

This is a trick to make roundstart skeletons, don't fall for the rattler's lies.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278116

Anonmare wrote:This is a trick to make roundstart skeletons, don't fall for the rattler's lies.
I dont know, its much more flavorful if there is a mix of roundstart & non roundstart skeletons

CMO/RD office skeleton for instance, roundstart. However some dead person in a ruin might decompose into a skeleton if you don't find them quickly enough, so there's the DEEPEST LORE element there too. You can't put brains inside 'dead' skeletons unless they are magically alive because the brain wont support it.
Heck you could replace much of the tribal gear entirely with actual skulls = skull helmets etc. if you started to gib skeletons into parts, as well as allow skeletons who have dislocated their head to relocate them.

> Skeletons are functionally immortal until they crumble at high damage, if the head is beaten off the shoulders, the skeleton splits into two camera perspectives which like a slimeperson swapping bodies, the skeleton head with a FOV must guide the skeleton body which is blind into finding itself and re-attaching. Arms & legs will crawl to the central body or magically be pulled in by energy back a tile at a time.

- Replace crumbled parts (dont let the head crumble under brute force) with more bones or pick up your skeleton parts and re-attach, necromancer stone romans become tougher as a result, as you are resurrecting live servant skeletons.

- Attacking individual parts of a skeleton crumbles it, attack the skull to kill it, high damage brute force weapons work best for removing the skull/limbs.

- Steal a liches head and put it in a box/backpack/evidence bag to stop it casting spells, such as adding a ghost role of a talking skull, to which if bones are added to it becomes a lich wizard.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #278117

I know MUH REALISM but like

how?

What the fuck is stripping away the flesh in under an hour, and if it takes more than an hour when is this ever going to come into play in the average round?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #278118

I don't like the idea imo.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278121

Saegrimr wrote:I know MUH REALISM but like

how?

What the fuck is stripping away the flesh in under an hour, and if it takes more than an hour when is this ever going to come into play in the average round?
Assistant suicide verbs in suicide HOPline, about 20 mins in they turn into bones meaning they don't have any meat content to feed into the gibber and the chaplain actually might have a use for coffins because it preserves bodies. As to ghosts leaving bodies im not sure, but if the ghost should vacate the body (lets say being cloned or ghost role) the body will deteriorate. Without damage its slow so there's a window in which you are familiarized with it, and you can't complain that its too fast and suddenly ghosts are shut out of the chance of ever returning to their bodies (because the brain is gone, ckey gone)

- Removes the amount of worthless bodies in circulation, creates priority to harvest organs/meat quicker as well as conduct/store bodies for evidence research and additionally bodies cluttering up the morgue (which preserves bodies) must be cleaned out (by aggressive intent with a big knife on the skeletons to split into parts/gibber spitting out bones) or moved onto the chaplain/garbage chute to shoot out into space.
TLDR wrote:Cut me slack, that's just a fair working number, it needs to be long so people who aren't husked (in which damage wise they are too far gone and priority should be on saving the brain) still have a window of a chance to be cloned rather than indefinite based on whether they find the body., finding a body behind a wall etc.

- After X amount of time vacated of a ghost/suicided/in another body just swap to a already dead appropriate skeleton race (flypeople brains are always recoverable because exoskeletons)
Enjoy your glass coffins for those who never want to fade away.

Spoiler:
RESIST

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #278130

how?

The station is secretly swarming with flesh-eating bacteria.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #278258

This might be cool on lavaland.

Not on station
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278265

But you can still husk people on the station just by setting them on fire, im not sure how we'd be able to differentiate the two into Z level dependent rules because that'd get sloppy when traitors come to dump bodies in lavand mining base so they turn into bones. Being universally consistent and setting a line under death & permadeath i think is making people uncomfortable. It takes a while to even happen without being physically damaged (air loss doesn't count), shooting someone dead with a double tap with a revolver is not enough to waste them away into bones within 10 minutes, and e-swords can't do that kind of damage without cutting them up into tiny parts which will turn into armbones/skulls/legbones themselves without being stored in a box.

Lets say a miner dies, and then rolls a ghost role (lets say a vet hospital doctor) to pick up where they left off, they are forever stuck in that identity, and the old identity will fade away to just being a reference on station records. There's no cheating here without being fast to pick up your old body, augging to full health & applying strange reagent after accomplice switches brains so you're back in your old body again now this substitute mining role has done its job as soul surrogate, if you are waiting through a ash storm which damages the entire body to the max the body is going to turn to bones quicker, maybe as fast as you can get to it.

(If you don't bother to store this body in a appropriate container/zone/cold-area they are never getting cloned)

If you have been lying dead for 20 minutes you probably are not going to be saved & cloned because nobody bothered to come look for you, so by then you should probably accept the fact you are going to observe the round, log out or play a ghost role/adopted event role.

Spoiler:
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #278548

Actually... That's a good idea for the doctor ruin. So dead miners could try to revive their previous bodies...
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278660

[see relevant update below]
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #321022

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
christ110 wrote:Actually... That's a good idea for the doctor ruin. So dead miners could try to revive their previous bodies...
Its metagaming, i meant it explicitly to NOT do since its kinda rubbishing the fact of death. If mining doctors WANT to be helpful, they could act as space ERT and go scoop up miners before they go and rot, but they shouldn't...

A) be the miner just to metagame & loot themselves
B) Do so out of selfishness.

Ill take this suggestion elsewhere where its needed.
Edit: 27/08/17

With ashen skeletons its fully feasable & reasonable to do this now on lavaland because ashen skeletons cannot revive at all and are the pre-required different skeleton species type, having legion mob drops out in the open deteriorate into bones, but of course *code freeze*

ShadowDimentio wrote:

how?

The station is secretly swarming with flesh-eating bacteria.
If you pay attention to "station time" every second is a minute, so the progress of time would be enough for a body to decompose in under a hour for us, but about 3 - 4 hours IC.

Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #321936

if you paid attention to math you'd know that if every second is a minute ic time than an hour would be 60 hours ic time
also stop your dumb necros pls.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #321988

Its fine that i got my math wrong by a small tangent (ok 60 or even 30 IC hours perhaps less is enough to decompose a body reinforcing my previous points and dispelling the arguement), and if you don't have anything constructive to say on the OP subject matter you are truly the person necroing the thread and instead returning to dig it up to whine like a broken violin over nothing.

Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #323074

Time to add lifeweb infections where infected parts turn rotten then to bone