Clockwork golems are walking slabs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Clockwork golems are walking slabs

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278101

Taking a slab to construct (which in a domestic laboratory setting with adamantium core shell can come from a emagged librarian console or from ruins/cult current in the round) to create a bound non-default ratvar orientated clockwork golem.

Using this slab & non-antagonistic ratvar powers of construction & summoning, the clockwork golem can begin the cycle of constructing a cache and go from there, like a slab that allows them to talk on the clock-cult channel as well as cast & build like a slab the clockwork golem mob also slowly creates clockwork parts within itself based half on time passed & the current level of nutrition that the golem is functioning at.

- This means that golems in a situation where a slab is put in a ruin on lavaland, can take part in clockcult mechanics and use the buildings as the need to such as ocular warden defense (which if its a free golem, is friendly to all golems, and is disabled for bound golems) create machines to generate power by further creating more golems to expand the network base of clockcult by grinding more slabs amongst other benefits of the objects at their disposal (obviously they cannot convert)

For normal clockcult, incomplete clockcult golem shells (specifically) which take in ghosts are constructable as a end-game buildable autonmaton to spawn, and a strategy for a very resource bloated cult is for everybody to contribute their slabs to the golem bodies and use it to overwhelm the remaining crew. (golems can't wear armor but would be able to handle spears well as well as be self sufficient for putting back in resources over time)

Spoiler:
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Re: Clockwork golems are walking slabs

Post by Togopal » #278207

Only if the clockwork slab makes their head oblong and makes them look like Pyramid Head from silent hill

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #278209

Give them EYE BEAMS
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #278241

Remove clock cult
Bring back papercult.

MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #279721

I actually like this idea a whole lot. Perhaps some form of leash mechanic to limit where the golem can go; tied to a power source, or a wind up key on their back some else has to turn. Using the slabs as golem heads is a very interesting idea.
ImageImageImage
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #279806

Make them only talk through the network and their actual speech out loud is just various hymns for ratvar.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #279908

I'd rather not tie them to the actual clockcult gamemode and instead, like bloodcult golems, merely make them have a thematic resemblance to them. Also i'd rather not make them a special ghostrole/side-antag.

I do like the idea of them building, though, so when i code them i'm gonna make them able to build some clockwork-y machinery with some more mundane uses, like generating some power out of nothing or acting as fabricators.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #280025

Listen, my man, EYE LASERS. Make them have to stand still for a bit and then wherever their mouse is a laser flies over to it for a couple seconds
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #280346

That's gotta go to androids tho
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #280396

XDTM wrote:That's gotta go to androids tho
Sure, but save something special for synths
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #280572

Actually it should be an implant, and androids/synths should have an easy way to implant cybernetic organs
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285627

In relation to this Joan PR i've put in the URL below, like how the the current bloodcult metal golems have a jaunt & a freezing gaze, it'd be nice if a bronze clockwork golem variant even if they weren't explicitly using the mechanics of the OP is decribing in taking part in a clockcult round could cast a small array of useful spells too, innate to the mob.
Replaces Mending Motor with Mending Mantra #26611 : Mending mantra heals machines (and people wearing clockcult armor) for as long as its chanted, so a free mending mantra for the clockwork golem on cooldown, in order to fix equipment & machines around the station or free golem base.

Second is to summon a brief timestop (because clocks & time etc) as their second active ability, for avoiding damage and having this on a long cool-down. It would be useful to free golems in order to block monster projectiles such as the collossus's death bolts.

Third ability is to be able to build with & transmutate objects in their hands at will into bronze (transmutate wrench = bronze wrench etc). Ideally it would be nice if the bloodcult golem could transmutate plasteel sheets at a cost of their own lifeforce & stamina, in order to balance things out and make unique golems like this renewable when they come into existance so their limited ability to craft objects out of that metal is not wasted.

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #285630

How about this: innate toolset implant, with the bronze tool version (x2 speed). Very clock-themed, somewhat useful for clockcult as he'd be somewhat like a scarab, and it would still be a great golem without a clockcult to interact with.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285634

XDTM wrote:How about this: innate toolset implant, with the bronze tool version (x2 speed). Very clock-themed, somewhat useful for clockcult as he'd be somewhat like a scarab, and it would still be a great golem without a clockcult to interact with.
I still think throwing in the ability to self chant the mantra would be good, but this is also excellent.

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #285654

Blood jaunt but with clock cult stuff on a really high cooldown
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #285664

The clock starts bubbling...
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #285671

JUST IN TIME!
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285674

You won't be able to read your watch, when my clock/brass golem lands multiple timejumped golem strength punches to your face!

[youtube]mSjW0QjBKYo[/youtube]

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #285685

FantasticFwoosh wrote:You won't be able to read your watch, when my clock/brass golem lands multiple timejumped golem strength punches to your face!

[youtube]mSjW0QjBKYo[/youtube]
i should really watch this show
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285844

XDTM wrote:The clock starts bubbling...
Make clock jaunting require putting up copies of The Persistence of Memory as exit nodes.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: