Vetinary hospital rehaul - EMRT lavaland outpost

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Vetinary hospital rehaul - EMRT lavaland outpost

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278668

This is to help give functionality to the vetinary hospital's presence on lavaland as just to be a EMRT outpost.

Basically it functions as a hospital that actively monitors the lavaland level for emergency signals emitted by people wearing their suit sensors to max (notifying the base & shooting out a co-ordinate) & is also a teleporter one way co-ordinate. Instead of bright titanium, the colour scheme would be more reminiscent of pods, but the interior is relatively clean and bright.

> The new doctors are given their own mining exosuits which are cyan & white trim & hoods, their job is to recover dead miners (and anybody else) collaborate with helping miners where they are needed, generally their role is to be altrusitic to other ghost roles, but also exercise their own limited defence. (It can be the case that they buy the suits for mining points)

> Due to the limited supply of drugs that can be purely made, the ERT base has a small functioning hydroponics plot of about three hydroponics trays a biogen **2000 points** (for making monkeys, cloth for gauzes, plant chems etc) and of course plenty of sand outside. Additionally some recipes may require plasma or other mineral components to make.

Usual digs, there's virus research too akin to the syndicate ruin for making positive viruses, a chemistry lab, a equipment locker as well & a small ORM** bay, there is also a hybrid mining/medical vendor with some custom options, besides limited hospital facilities.

A 5000 mining point reward is a autocloner for the base, and there are additional useful machines supplied in boxes with components (a autolathe 2000 mining points etc) so that the ERT are always busy if not actively recovering & helping miners, they will be just digging to expand the outpost. Miners dropping off their minerals there so the ERT can cash in on it also helps both parties.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Vetinary hospital rehaul - EMRT lavaland outpost

Post by kevinz000 » #278671

so basically a free golem ship but it's a free human ship?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278673

Sort of. Mixed with a bit of syndicate base, a blend of the two.

It can exist by itself (a autocloner *Unique building type not upgradable* for your own hospital staff is useful) or with the help/conjunction of the station, its meant to be a NT affiliated but mostly independent entity like most other ghost roles. Responsibility to help miners is interred via starting messages, though of course if miners do a bad job and don't turn on suit sensors, the ERT with defibs can't rush out fast enough to save them &/or tackle the monster they were facing.

- Its also a fun little area to test out new medical machines on paper, since it doesn't have any bearing on the round where medical might be depopulated.

The mining point rhetoric is there to stop ultimately pushing them into R&D, giving them a relatively long (humans move faster than golems maybe not that long) objective to constantly be working towards in just making the base better. 1 way teleporting to the base isn't a death sentence with the internals and such there, but based on positioning you might be far away (so its something you could scrap and just have it naturally far away until someone drops a beacon to it)

Spoiler:
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #278692

Someone still has to map it.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #278702

What makes you think players won't just use it for mining with an ert suit?

The ruin is shit. Stop trying to salvage it.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278736

killerx09 wrote:Someone still has to map it.
... thats the reason im broadcasting the idea as to attract attention and go from there, for the most part with asset changes & restructuring this is just a map alteration of the vetinary hospital original base, neither too big or too small in size.
Spoiler:
Because big original image, i've spoilered it, but you can envisage...

> If you rip out the rooms between the back & the front entrance, you have 15 vertical space to work with, gutting everything and putting the spawners instead where the current animal pens are, in a configuration similar to how the syndie ruin puts two spawners per personal dorm - Doctors walk out of that room into a adjoining corridor

> Secret hidden shit behind walls, a morgue, prep area & surgery, as well as just a clinical area.
So i had a go at remapping it, taking account (there was a lot of bits i couldn't get in, and im not really informed how to make a viro and skipped it, no teleporter beacon just basics to make it look slick but also be functional.)

> Four doctors slots, a examination room adjacent to the surgery, a dark walled off area full of creepy shit (just for examples) the entrances & atmos have been sandbagged to be more secure, there's a little mining loadout area (im a novice so there isn't full whack attention to detail on loot) a morgue (just stack the bodies) a small meeting bay and the chemistry is in the examination lounge to save space and make doctors look classy. As the OP dictates this gives them access to all the resources they need & then some more with mining & coders adding onto it.

> Ideas for the mining area for future pics to show you appreciated. I know there are little flaws in it and ill come back to correct them.
D&B wrote:What makes you think players won't just use it for mining with an ert suit?

The ruin is shit. Stop trying to salvage it.
If can't improve, remove, but because its the product of Cheridan it wouldn't be straighforward without a unanimous concensus to get it BTFO out of the map file under ground of being bad.

Even if most lavaland ruins follow the template of (dig rocks, woo women, big mining point bucks) it a marked improvement to doing nothing. We can completely ditch the concept of the teleport beacon to get there with easy access, and just account mining suits into loot (mining suits aren't too hard to get, just order from cargo)
Aloraydrel wrote:It's time to start coding and mapping instead of making ideas that will never go through
Lean in closer.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #278739

>Miner dies
>Respawn with ERT shit and mining implements and keep going.

>Thinking the ERT will ever rescue miners
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #278743

Make the suits the ERT uses require special power cells that are only rechargeable at the base, so that they won't just fuck off and go mine for 3 hours and come back and buy 9 auto cloners.

Make it where you can charge off of a miner wearing a mining hardsuit to, since fuck the lore those now have small hydrogen reactors in them that only require refueling every 3.2 billion years

Additionally, give them much shittier mining equipment as opposed to mining (no kas, maybe only pickaxes or kinetic hammers or whatever you call them) in order to prevent them from just being mining on steroids

(also stop with the fucking stairs and tile mixing holy shit it looks like you just slapped random tiles all over the floors, make it one medbay tile or something but thats just to fucking much holy shit)
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278746

D&B wrote:>Miner dies
>Respawn with ERT shit and mining implements and keep going.

>Thinking the ERT will ever rescue miners
EMRT. Emergency Medical Response Team.

By definition if a ERMT ever steps on the station (by means unless in a large humanitarian crisis where everything is royally screwed and station & ERMT are aware of each other) or fufills a miners course of action just bwoink them for metagaming, the "EMRT" akin to the peacekeepers or the Space Salvation Army (note to self, brass instruments) is not immune because no other ghost role can do that and get away with it if they have something to do, a normal doctor wouldn't get away with it.

- There's nothing to gain but a bwoink from using the EMRT to revive yourself, a friend could revive as ERMT and take it from there, but their station identity & rights will have been revoked. Soul ferrying by then swapping brains & reviving your dead body using strange reagent is shitty metagaming in use of ghost roles, and discards a ghost role from the pool at everyone else's expense.

There's a marked advantage for metaknowledge of where you have dropped/threats around you if you can RP a bit of ignorance is tolerable, but there's practically nothing to gain if you load up as ERT, and stealing limited supplies from the EMRT medical outpost (like the defib) is a crime against nanotren through affiliation even though the ghost roles explicitly have no rights (so security can still say no not chasing that up, lol get wrecked) besides killing miners in self defence (just dunk their shit, if miners want to commit war crimes because they can don't make it easy for them.)

Without first mining a shit-ton those four ERMT (numbers can be changed) is the only ghost role lives you will have, miners will be inclined to help the ERMT for free medical response out in the wilderness, and the EMRT can convince the miners to donate minerals to get their objective point milestones quicker.
John_Oxford wrote:Make the suits the ERT uses require special power cells that are only rechargeable at the base, so that they won't just fuck off and go mine for 3 hours and come back and buy 9 auto cloners.

Make it where you can charge off of a miner wearing a mining hardsuit to, since fuck the lore those now have small hydrogen reactors in them that only require refueling every 3.2 billion years

Additionally, give them much shittier mining equipment as opposed to mining (no kas, maybe only pickaxes or kinetic hammers or whatever you call them) in order to prevent them from just being mining on steroids

(also stop with the fucking stairs and tile mixing holy shit it looks like you just slapped random tiles all over the floors, make it one medbay tile or something but thats just to fucking much holy shit)
Interesting concept, but then you'd have to make all mining suits timed to walk in a pressure ideal atmosphere where you can walk without a mining suit, unless there's a explicit reason for wearing the suit thats pretty dumb. (Mekhi flightsuit dumb)

- Have you ever BEEN in a hospital? The tile choices is deliberate because it marks out where you need to walk & go, the bold colour outline to the north (i can simply change it if too garish) is deliberate so it looks like the stairs are connecting to a higher plane. Lots of modern hospitals have great big dumb coloured lines all over the floor for people to follow. (Im happy with red being north & blue being south, maybe i should make mining purple tiled)

- Shittier equipment i can agree with.

Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #278747

You're a funny guy.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278749

kevinz000 wrote:You're a funny guy.
Get both of your meme suits outta here, the explorer suits in just another colour don't make the doctors any stronger if you under-equip them but dangle a carrot infront of them to keep them working between saving lives.

Pure skill and muscle, no iron man suit cheats required, just a goliath breastplate (with a tacky hood).
Nobody and nothing obliges miners to mine either when instead they can hunt monsters and get smeared into paste like idiots, touche D&B.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #278751

you have 13 different kinds of tile in a less than 20x20 space

this needs to stop

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278755

Never. You are too content with looking at 100 tiles of the same colour and exact same pattern which was the problem with ghost ruins.

Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #278838

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Never. You are too content with looking at 100 tiles of the same colour and exact same pattern which was the problem with ghost ruins.
i was content at looking at a mapping style that wasn't more autistic than i was.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #278857

John_Oxford wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Never. You are too content with looking at 100 tiles of the same colour and exact same pattern which was the problem with ghost ruins.
i was content at looking at a mapping style that wasn't more autistic than i was.
lmao fuck
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278863

Welp he's got me there lmao. But if you want to complain about large contentless blank rooms with repeating tile patterns, and the solution is too autistic for you, then i guess you need to either stop complaining about the current graphical status of the atmospheric simulator, or get on board to addressing the problem, possibly in another way yet to be suggested.

If you want a comparison, my mapping style is electronic synth while current mapping is pop, the two can meet but also diverge.

Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #279085

People who post ideas are not required or expected to implement them themselves. Demands they do such are unwanted.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #279159

MisterPerson wrote:People who post ideas are not required or expected to implement them themselves. Demands they do such are unwanted.
Fair enough

Let's not pretend there isn't problem with fwoosh's posts, but that's a reasonable rule
Limey wrote:its too late.