BMAN'S [DEEPER] Xenobiology.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

BMAN'S [DEEPER] Xenobiology.

Post by bman » #280329

i wrote a huge autism paragraph then lol blackout so ill try to be concise this time.

CONCEPT
  • Slimes no longer gain different colors when splitting up.

Xenobiology now starts with red, green, blue, and a grey slime.

Slimes have a "stability" mechanism; recently created slimes are very unstable but this stability increases the more time passes. More advanced breeds are by nature more unstable than banal red, green, blue, and grey slimes, making xenobiology a more hazardous activity as you progress deeper into it.

Slimes eat monkeys and monkeymen to feed their eternal hunger and to become less unstable rather than to split apart (This can still be done but it's less efficient to use that method now).

The console is no longer present in the lab and instead there are two joysticks to control the machinery.

There are two new pieces of equipment in the lab now, which I will detail below.

All of these machines are prone to suddenly malfunctioning and/or mutilating you.
MACHINE 1.

First of all, instead of camera access being used to control the slimes, there's a mechanical rail system that hangs above the lab and extends into the kill chamber aswell. On these rails is a piece of equipment called the [MACHINE NAME NOT CHOSEN] (I'll call it the korinator for now). The korinator is a vacuum pump-based machine that is suspended on the rails, it has to be controlled much like an arcade claw game to catch the slimes (and monkeys) you wish to move around the lab; you position the korinator above the slime and activate its suction force to pick up slimes on a tile. Upgraded korinators can pick up a specific number of slimes on a tile and even further upgraded korinators can pick up a human temporarily.

MACHINE 2.
Somewhere in the lab and under the rails, is a huge rotating cylinder known as the "RBG drum". It is a fantastic piece of equipment as it accepts two slimes (or more if upgraded) and fuses them into a special slime that will inherit the blended color value of its parents.

This RBG drum can increase the amount of slimes outputted by simply inserting monkeys/monkeymen into it using the korinator. The number of slimes outputted increases the more monkeys/humans are inserted into it; one monkey is equal to two slimes outputted, two monkeys gives three slimes etc etc That is how creating new grey slimes would be done now.

As of currently, mixing two slimes will yield one of three choices:

*Normal breed: Perfectly natural creation that will inherit the total blended color value of its parents, it has a new effect and its extract has different purposes/uses.

*Strange breed: A mixed freak mutation; this slimes colors did not blend and it now has intricate patterns of one or two colors on its surface. Rather than having a
new power or ability, it has ALL of the abilities of its parents. Rainbow slimes are an advanced form of this strange breed that displays ALL possible colors (This
means that rainbow slimes are now incredibly more chaotic! Injecting blood or plasma into its extract will give you ALL of the effects!) and to acquire an elusive
rainbow you'll have to mix multiple strange breeds together.

* :singulo: S-CONSCIOUSNESS :singulo: : BOI you dun fucked it up. You mixed two far too unstable slimes together and their combined instability is greater
than the "breed's specific instability-safe threshold" (For example, greys have a very large threshold and can handle being fucked with, rainbow slimes on the other
hand can be a ticking timebomb if you're not careful). You have created an abomination of a hivemind; The consciousnesses of the slimes did not fully meld together
and it has achieved intelligence surpassing that of humans, some even say that's how blob overminds are created! Never fear though, the creature you just created
will not become a blob as it is too young and powerless for that, it is still not weak though; immediately upon the creation of an S-consciousness strange effects will
appear on the station, including but not limited to:
  • *Ordinary items may now emit freak radiation.
    *Strange artifacts (supermatter shard, wish granter etc) will appear on the station.
    *Strange anomalies will be created and inside of those more artifacts may form.
    *The beginning of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R phenomenon
After you take out the slimes (one by one) they will be weak and dizzy for a short time, and during this you will need to wrangle it back into its pen like a man (or form a real relationship and just tell it to go into the pen and it will)

MACHINE 3

This last machine is more of a room than a machine, it is a containment pen named the [NAME NOT CHOSEN YET] (I'll call it the Ape No-Escape for now). This room is a locked habitation chamber with grass, banana trees and jungle music playing in it; The NT oasis for simians. Your rail system extends above this pen too and you can use the korinator to grab monkeys and drop them into the RBG drum as you wish (or the pens when you need to feed your slimes) to. The gimmick of this is that this chamber is shared between you and genetics! If you put a monkey with superpowers (supplied by genetics) in the RBG drum, the slimes will inherit that power and pass it onto their descendants (TK slimes throwing people into their gaping maw etc etc). The slimes may even form a totally new color thanks to your mutant monkey! Experiment. In return you will now supply genetics with their apes for all their testing needs. (Interdepartmental cooperation at its finest)

---

ADDENDUM:

There will of course still be a huge sea of special chemical reactions using the reagents (although some potions that disturb the routine work such as the red slime letting you just spam red potions to get rainbow rather than creatively mixing and matching colors may lose such functionalities) and there will still be drugs that affect your slimes behaviour as usual.

Potions will probably be changed to something more fitting (Protein injectors etc) so have fun.

I enjoyed writing this and I hope this gives people some ideas.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: BMAN'S [DEEPER] Xenobiology.

Post by Armhulen » #280333

I like it, I think that mixing two non mixable colors should turn it brown, and creating multiple effect slimes should be a button on the slime drum so you can make wacky combo slimes if you're an expert like timestop bomb slimes
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #280335

Armhulen wrote:I like it, I think that mixing two non mixable colors should turn it brown, and creating multiple effect slimes should be a button on the slime drum so you can make wacky combo slimes if you're an expert like timestop bomb slimes
and there's an animation of the slimes flying around in the drum
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #280336

bman wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I like it, I think that mixing two non mixable colors should turn it brown, and creating multiple effect slimes should be a button on the slime drum so you can make wacky combo slimes if you're an expert like timestop bomb slimes
Just make it a modified cotton candy machine
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #280339

Armhulen wrote:
bman wrote:
Just make it a modified cotton candy machine
and if you put a stick in it while it's running you get a slime-on-a-stick
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #292889

this thread is also relevant again because of kor slime memes so i have an excuse to bump this dont fucking bully me
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #293616

I support this
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?