Stomach organs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Stomach organs

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281093

Been suggested in a few loose places before, pulling together all the loose traces of it here. But stomach organs are very much needed for the game in its current state to regulate the system for hunger we have (because large amounts of bug fixes fudging the numbers) and we can adopt a much more natural approach to [NO-HUNGER] tags that we take with other races.

If the race itself is not that special (skeletons etc.) if they have a [NO_HUNGER] fixture on their species, they do not spawn with stomach (similar to how no-breathers have no lungs) and will never become full or hungry from eating, but can continue eating indefinitely for chemical input. If you do suffer from hunger & have your stomach removed, you will constantly be running at low nutrition and additionally slowly seeping toxins into your system as a additonal penalty.

- For this purpose the nutrition pump can be re-assessed to be a cybernetic organ in which to replace the stomach.
Weepo wrote:- On zombies & skeletons stomachs

eating anything (as a skeleton, to be made into a functional no-hunger race) deposits it directly on the floor below you. Having a zombie torso stomach makes you suffer hunger worse than regular people, hunger that can only be sated with raw flesh and brains. (consuming them whole, instead of providing health from gibbing simple mobs, they would gain sustenance from feasting on raw meat)
Jacough wrote: - Goldgrub implantable mining satchel stomach (slow ore consumption = nutrition burn rate? this is honestly a underrated idea)
An alternative to the golden grub maw could be a stomach that basically turns you into a walking ore crate. Walking over ore causes you to automatically scoop it up and swallow it. Saying *vomit causes you to puke up all the ore you've eaten

- Xenomorph stomachs are basically extra capacity generic human stomachs that can willingly consume people in aggressive intent, but also passively convert nutriment into plasma in the bloodstream

- Flypeople stomachs only work on vomit and gibs triggering a vomit effect for the stomach to drop its current contents as already described.

- Pod people don't hunger because they synthesise instead their stomach is just a large chloroplast mass, a writhing centre that allows people to consume sunlight but in hunger races causes them to starve when out of the lights
Eating terrible food laced with food poisoning (or actual poison with a stomach cramp effect) should be a active or after effect of consuming certain chemicals, ingesting chems only meant to be applied in patches for instance. Causing stomach cramps, vomiting, and at worst requiring you to have your stomach contents pumped out urgently with a IV drip in a surgical procedure.

> Become Space-Age Tarrare and put the local station morph to shame as you literally consume everything and everyone on the station as a traitor in a never ending feast after TC trading for a xenomorph stomach. Remember to incapacitate the people you try to consume first.

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Stomach organs

Post by Anonmare » #281124

Skeletons should have skeletal stomachs so they can achieve their calorie intakes.

That and I want to be able to say "Bone Appetite" unironically
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #281126

Any chance for a cybernetic stomach you could print out for an interesting effect?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281129

Well if anybody in coderbus is interested in that's up to you friendo, but it might be a good way to revamp the nutrition implants into a super efficiency digestive organ to increase your upper limit of nutrient satisfaction without overfeeding too much.

Ever seen attack on Titan? Titans have no digestive system at all but a hunger and desire to consume humans. Its impractical to the working function & survival of non-stomach races so for either fun or chemical intake they use their [NO_HUNGER] to not starve, but also gorge on whatever they want, but this also means that in practical SS13 game terms its easier for you to overdose because you can't stop.

Poisoning or otherwise serving large amounts of harmful food is a good way to kill a Glutton.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #281213

I completely forgot about the nutriment implants! I never saw Attack on Titan, but I have heard about it. Being able to turn yourself into a human trash compactor sounds hilarious! Turning the implants into cyber-stomachs makes sense in this case.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #281215

I KNEW FWOOSH WAS FROM VORE
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #281260

Anonmare wrote:Skeletons should have skeletal stomachs so they can achieve their calorie intakes.

anything they eat should just fall on the floor
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #281294

Armhulen wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Skeletons should have skeletal stomachs so they can achieve their calorie intakes.

anything they eat should just fall on the floor
This
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281318

calzilla1 wrote:I KNEW FWOOSH WAS FROM VORE
Get lost lol, i mention this because ashwalkers are extremely tiresome to micromanage both getting fat from eating lavaland plants in order to heal (requiring a lot of mushroom leaves & cactus fruit) and slow to put away their digestion, when they desperately need the healing and as above explains it adds a lot more mechanics to how we enjoy our food, and mix & swap our body organs.

It also solves a existing problem of tags by just (right now steering all tags in the species file into organ function where we can) just omitting relevant organs like the suggested stomach, if a stomach was surgically added to these races they would still never get hungry but actually get full like how it currently exists for no hunger races. Fat people eating monkeys alive was already in the code calzilla, which is voresque and over the top, as well as xenos already being able to consume anything, so if you already argue vore, then shift the blame away from me because its already been done.

Spoiler: