Bluespace Launchpads

A place to record your ideas for the game.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Bluespace Launchpads

Post by XDTM » #285885

A buildable pad which is able to send/receive objects or mobs on a set location within 5 tiles.
You'd be able to set the offset for the target (3 tiles N, 2 tiles E), instead of complicated calculations.
It can then be used for all the teleport cases where you'd want to avoid a beacon or a linked pad. For example, sending prisoners in sealed rooms without risking others getting out, or only teleporting allowed people inside your autismfort.

The most interesting part is the traitor version: a portable launchpad contained in a briefcase. It would have reduced range (3 tiles) but it would be remote-controlled, allowing a crafty traitor to set the briefcase down in the right maint spot, go in and out without fuss, and go back to looking like a lawyer. Unless someone grabs the pad, leaving him stranded. It's also counterbalanced by it not fitting in a backpack, making it annoying to carry at best and search-worthy at worst.

Do i code this or not?
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Bluespace Launchpads

Post by Armhulen » #285901

The traitor version should have extended range, if anything.
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #285926

Traitor version should not have extended range, it's a round-start version that requires very little setup, unlike the normal version which I assume is made via rnd and requires a bluespace Crystal.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #286460

christ110 wrote:Traitor version should not have extended range, it's a round-start version that requires very little setup, unlike the normal version which I assume is made via rnd and requires a bluespace Crystal.
>anyone can grab the obvious traitor item that will leave you completely tombed in your tator base

>>>> can only move you across one wall

oh well, another item to the never-used-list
christ110

Post by christ110 » #286567

>oh, i am on metastation and need the captain's id... just use this little device, to pop myself in or remove the id from the room, without actually entering...
>oh, i wanna bomb medbay... let me just bluespace it in from maint so no one sees it.
actually... if it doesn't require anchoring then buying two can allow you to pop over walls and then setup a second one to collect the first launchpad.
itsswagga
Byond Username: Swaggaboy112

Post by itsswagga » #286582

We should just bring back telesci which was unnecessarily removed because of a ban
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #286606

christ110 wrote:>oh, i am on metastation and need the captain's id... just use this little device, to pop myself in or remove the id from the room, without actually entering...
>oh, i wanna bomb medbay... let me just bluespace it in from maint so no one sees it.
actually... if it doesn't require anchoring then buying two can allow you to pop over walls and then setup a second one to collect the first launchpad.
I didn't even think of that, but it's great
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #288555

christ110 wrote:>oh, i am on metastation and need the captain's id... just use this little device, to pop myself in or remove the id from the room, without actually entering...
but how do you get the second one?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #288568

no one would ever buy the traitor version because they KNOW for a fact that someone WILL try to disarm the briefcase from there

it's not a code problem it's a problem with our shitty community who are like HE HAS A BRIEFCASE VALID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 or people who just like to disarm
christ110

Post by christ110 » #288572

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
but how do you get the second one?
Step 1, buy one launchpad
Step 2, buy a second with your remaining tc
Step 3, :honk:
Step 4, autismo!