VG idea port - Terrariums & that loves the lizard meme.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

VG idea port - Terrariums & that loves the lizard meme.

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285994

Basically VG currently has fish tanks and this idea is to port them over here. However i think as TG we can go a step further and create a full terrarium system out of exactly the same thing. The VG pr im taking as reference here has a video to show their system in action in a better way than i could probably explain.

https://puu.sh/tJkcW/16db19a379.webm

By terrarium i mean a simulated small creature environment, nothing fancy in order to pick up creatures small in size like mice & intensively farm them, keep them fed & let them fill the terrarium to the very edges with their offspring.

• - Right now we can drag to self to pick up smaller mobs, or run a timer to pick them up in a living object form in the hand
The Janitors lizard, cute right? Well pick the lizard up & put them inside a terrarium & regulate the temprature of the heat lamp to be optimal, maybe introduce her to another lizard via buying lizard eggs via cargo, eventually you'll have enough of the little lizard blighters to make a hat and some meat when you butcher the surplus.

It gets better, when you monkify (i mean broadly as the reaction) a lizard, it will turn into a powergaming blue lizard it will turn into a lizardperson, and there are also some other critters who respond in a similar way such as evolving & de-evolving flypeople into giant hissing cockroaches
Effectively it works like a hydroponics tray, in which it will light up when it needs food, and you will be able to "harvest" it with tools at your leisure, activities like fishing are not included but initially you could upkeep stocks of fish via ordering via cargo (a lot like how we obtain bees etc) as well as alternative methods such as loot.
  • Naturally these compliment the current recipies we have such as fish dishes when you don't want to create imitation fish fillets out of carpotoxin, and while lizard eggs (and subtypes) might not have as much yolk as a chicken for their small size, you have a renewable intensibly farmable resource of them
Mutation & unique chems also work too, as you can put in chems to mutate the creatures into either a new small mob (which will transform ALL the creatures in the terrarium), accidentally turn into a large dangerous mob with like (5%) chance, or kill off a percentage of animals from becoming unhealthy.

- To create a aquarium out of a terrarium just add water & it'll change its type and allow you to place fish & fish eggs.
- Lizards & lizardpeople can eat cockroaches extracted from the terrarium whole, it also serves as good nutrition, so running a side business of harvesting cockroaches & lizards naturally ties into one another.

- Antagonistic ways to use it involve dropping in spider eggs (from dead nurse spiders) into the terrarium then mass releasing spiderlings you're breeding when they hatch, or buying a carp plushie (or two) to start a space carp farm, or just simply breed mice to litter about maint. The logic is that generally if it has a eggtype, or spawnable function it will only grow initially to the size of the terrarium container and not beyond that limit without mutations.
A eventual end situation is to have small ash immune passive creatures like small lizards crawling along to populate lavaland with small fauna that just scurries and occasionally forages the bushes, and better sources of food other than dealing with monkeys & large animals (the last goof-farm had some things that needed ironing out like invincible chickens and floating cows). I do think I would be doing right by goof for helping suggest this implementing of a atomised and self contained non-serious goof-farm.

Spoiler:
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Re: VG idea port - Terrariums & that loves the lizard meme.

Post by christ110 » #286007

Oi, I want a lizard farm...
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #286010

FantasticFwoosh wrote: maybe introduce her to another lizard
wags is a man
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286016

bman wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote: maybe introduce her to another lizard
wags is a man
Lizards are notoriously hard to gender in this day and age without referencing deviantart.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286024

wags is a man
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286026

I find it hard to distinguish whether you like the idea or not, or if you love wags more.

Just assume he's on stud duties for the duration ok? I need to get my quota of lizard kebab by cooking them whole in the microwave until crispy and impaling them on a iron rod.

It might have been smells-the-lizards, i can't' remember. All blue lizards look & taste the same.

Spoiler: