Traitors aren't "activated" until 15-20 minutes in

A place to record your ideas for the game.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Traitors aren't "activated" until 15-20 minutes in

Post by captain sawrge » #286363

I dunno, maybe it'll at least cut down on rounds ending literally 5 minutes in.

Or maybe it will just make people whine that antag roulette is more difficult and have them sit around and waste time for 15~ minutes until they fail the roll and go braindead anyway.

Probably should only apply to traitors/DA specifically.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: Traitors aren't "activated" until 15-20 minutes in

Post by danno » #286365

huh
might actually be a good idea

there's probably some concerns regarding power balance for some things, but it is worth discussing this
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #286368

This seems like it would just delay the inveitable by 15 minutes. Plus, I dont see how it would work in LORE
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #286374

TrustyGun wrote:This seems like it would just delay the inveitable by 15 minutes. Plus, I dont see how it would work in LORE
Sleeper agents being activated after having infiltrated the station

Also the whole point is to delay the inevitable, or at least give players some level of attachment to the round so they don't feel quite as inclined to end it 5 minutes in.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #286377

>Be 18 minutes in
>Sec are being shitters and arresting people for dumb shit
>Be thrown in the brig and have your stuff "confiscated", including your PDA
>"You are a traitor!"
>Kill yourself

This sounds very obnoxious, like when revheads would get activated while they were in line waiting to get executed/implanted by sec before that was fixed.

Alternatively

>Be virologist/sci/miner
>Spend 20 minutes passing out ubergear
>Everyone has it
>"You are a traitor!"
>Have fun trying to beat a crew with hysterically powerful gear
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286383

If you have no PDA on your person your headset automatically becomes an uplink.
If you are without a headset you get a pen.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286408

14 minutes in - Mass surge of players waiting in lobby suddenly ready up in the last 30 seconds and validhunting security arming up outside the shuttle entrance

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286410

FantasticFwoosh wrote:14 minutes in - Mass surge of players waiting in lobby suddenly ready up in the last 30 seconds and validhunting security arming up outside the shuttle entrance
except now it's fifteen minutes after joining that you are notified whether or not you are a traitor

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286414

I mean, if it mass triggers, getting in BEFORE it activates could give you a better roll and displace the current RNG for who gets traitor out of the selection of people already playing is sort of what i was going towards. And of course meta-aware and validhunting sec will fully arm themselves totally for the 15 minute mark.

Secretly being antagonist and just not knowing is shit because you're wasting time in the earlygame and if you suddenly kill someone as antag before you are, without knowing (manslaughter, self defence etc) there's no way to defend any action without admins literally checking whether you have objectives in advance. It would be a ban lottery with everyone greytiding in the hopes they dont fail and were non-antag and if they are they are allowed to do it.

No admins on, got 15 minutes to grief murder and steal to my hearts content until i get vindicated with objective redtext indeterminately between 15-20 mins whether i am antag or not or bannu. Lol get good scrub.

When has not being a antagonist (and even just encouraged with the possibility you could be) ever stopped people from greytiding & repeated capital level (theft, murder, kidnapping command & officers) crimes?

Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #286427

No, setting up good traitor plans already requires enough time as it is.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286437

How fast are they vs anti traitor plans? Such as hiding all objective items in 100 cheeses.

Spoiler:
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #286490

Have it trigger 5+1d10 minutes in.

Dunno, I'd enjoy it as the traitor. We're sleeper agents with memory implants, so it completely fits the premise. Encourages covert play and/or creates dramatic & memorable moments if it prompts someone to immediately go loud. It does add a bit of extra challenge, undoubtedly, but that's fine. The one thing it really screws over is the "steal the high-risk item 3 minutes in with an emag" strategy, which seems like an improvement.

The one thing it would alter is departments figuring out what they do at roundstart. Could suck if people started trying to claim a given are of sci every round in case they wind up being traitor. Then again, plenty of people only want to do one thing anyway, so I'm probably overthinking that one.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #286509

I like the idea.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #286545

if anything it would make people suiciding at roundstart because they didnt role antag stop being a thing.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #286549

How would you treat people being shit before it activates?

Is grief considered valid if they win the RNG roulette?

A lot of plans depend on using the station unpreparedness. If anything this will just make people become more easily armed/prepared to kill rather than do try to minimize deaths or do something covert.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #286592

I like this idea, but the activation time should have a random offset (kinda like blob) so that at 14:59 everyone doesn't just rush to maint and wait for the antag lottery.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286613

For the scenarios myself & cosmic put up happening, then people moaning and crying about it afterwards. I think...

I think i would legitimately quit the server because it is a bad decision but that's my opinion. I can't see any good coming from publicizing too, a static (wait until antag) timer is almost as a hidden one since it will be meta-learnt eventually and a random timer within minutes 1 - 30 would mean that people still follow the examples which have been set and go completely off the rails until 30 minutes and then ghost out.

- Its a barrier to administration, since if admins can't see if you're antag and later after the 30 mins are up you are suddenly antag, your past actions are now valid or you will be banned for all your accumulative ahelps, its basically a 30 minute delay tactic in which the shitter has 30 minutes to go completely ape & trash the server majorly before copping the ban then reloading in on a separate evasion account. The current method works better in that respect.

Station maintainability is a good point, nice catch CS most of the time traitors who arrived earlier than you & rolled earlier than you will want to leave after they've murderboned the station as to escape alone or alive. (Okay i got my objective and murderboned everyone currently present, i can't be bothered to kill the janitor who just shipped in so im going to use this stolen ID to call)
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286614

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I think i would legitimately quit the server
Implement posthaste.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #286633

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Be 18 minutes in
>Sec are being imperfect people playing an imperfect game and arresting people for dumb shit
>Be thrown in the brig and have your stuff "confiscated", including your PDA
>"You are a traitor!"
>Kill yourself

This sounds very obnoxious, like when revheads would get activated while they were in line waiting to get executed/implanted by sec before that was fixed.
If you start shit and get arrested as nonantag you deserve to get traitored without pda tbh.
ShadowDimentio wrote:Alternatively

>Be virologist/sci/miner
>Spend 20 minutes passing out ubergear
>Everyone has it
>"You are a traitor!"
>Have fun trying to beat a crew with hysterically powerful gear
In 5-15 minutes there's not going to be ubergear around. And the only players that would lose from it are those that start murderboning roundstart when everyone's unprepared, which would be good riddance.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #286647

hasn't this been suggested 7 and a half times
also
>set main job to sec officer
>be assistant if not available
>oh shit, sec can't be antag, therefore I didn't get my antag roll
>go braindead in sec locker
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286658

confused rock wrote:hasn't this been suggested 7 and a half times
also
>set main job to sec officer
>be assistant if not available
>oh shit, sec can't be antag, therefore I didn't get my antag roll
>go braindead in sec locker
How would this be any different from now? You can already roll sec and go braindead if you don't get antag.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #286667

the difference is people are still going to suicide as nonantag AND they will take sec jobs
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286668

Then they can be punished for that, they're taking job spots for the sole purpose of rolling antags. Assistants suiciding is fine since they're not particularly important jobs.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #286677

if its fine then this suggestion is pointless.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286683

XDTM wrote:
In 5-15 minutes there's not going to be ubergear around. And the only players that would lose from it are those that start murderboning roundstart when everyone's unprepared, which would be good riddance.
You are not giving out ubergear!! you must be antag!! :evil:

Oh trust me miners can solo a dragon easy, and get stuff in 15 minutes with KA's (which are also a solid weapon in depressure, throw a syndiebomb and then unload your KA). Casual gearchecks against traitors would be insane.

Spoiler:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #286685

Isn't the current system for antag picking currently "pick antags > check if they have antag-restricted role > switch them to non-restricted role if so"? Wouldn't people who prefer security roles be a bit suspicious if they spawn in as non-security with a non-full staff?
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
D&B

Post by D&B » #286694

Besides if you want to want rounds to last longer don't just trap people together, develop the jobs so they're actually engaging.

All jobs can be maxed in 20 minutes.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286699

MMMiracles wrote:Isn't the current system for antag picking currently "pick antags > check if they have antag-restricted role > switch them to non-restricted role if so"? Wouldn't people who prefer security roles be a bit suspicious if they spawn in as non-security with a non-full staff?
They already are.
confused rock wrote:if its fine then this suggestion is pointless.
The point is not to just reduce antag-or-suicide, it's also to give people some time to get started and involved in their roles instead of having the token roundstart bomber disrupting the station from roundstart.
Plus it might lead to new strategies. Normally when i roll traitor i don't feel like, for example, doing RnD, for fear of ending up wasting my antag round in preparations then getting killed or shuttlecalled before i have a chance to act. Whereas if i'm already underway with it i have a whole array of tools to use for my traitor plans once i get traitored.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #286704

XDTM wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:Isn't the current system for antag picking currently "pick antags > check if they have antag-restricted role > switch them to non-restricted role if so"? Wouldn't people who prefer security roles be a bit suspicious if they spawn in as non-security with a non-full staff?
They already are.
Yeah but with the current system they spawn in and immediately get antag. In this system either you remove that feature entirely or you have people walking around knowing they're going to get antag in the next 10-15 minutes and all you've really done is stall them while they wait for their valid card.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286725

Which may or may not never come, If admins need to know (as illustrated by my point of if you do antag things in the time frame and dont roll lucky you get banned if admins cannot read antagonist picks beforehand as per a hidden var trigger) they should and people will just Ahelp!
(shitty 1 hour byond account): AMI A TATOR TOT OR NOT I WANNA KILL SOME DUUUDES HAHAHA AND UPLOAD THE MAYMAYS OF ME TROLLING HTE SERVER VALID ON YOUTUUUBEZ

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286916

MMMiracles wrote:
XDTM wrote:
They already are.
Yeah but with the current system they spawn in and immediately get antag. In this system either you remove that feature entirely or you have people walking around knowing they're going to get antag in the next 10-15 minutes and all you've really done is stall them while they wait for their valid card.
Oh, i see the issue now. The solutions i can think of are

- Giving false positives to sec officers, making them change jobs sometimes without antag. Which heavily sucks for people who just want to play sec.
- No antag roll for people who play sec. Which would just make even people interested in sec not play the role, due to missing out on antag.
- Re-enable antag security. Controversial, and i don't know the ramifications it would have.
- Accept that sec antag-rollers know that they're going to be antags from roundstart, allowing them to prepare far earlier than other traitors, giving them a heavy advantage. It's not good, but it might end up making more people play security, which is usually understaffed if what i hear is true.

None of these solutions is perfect, but i'd go with the third or the fourth if we were to implement this.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #286923

You could just make the delay before knowing you're a traitor much shorter/wider variable, to the point that some traitors will know round start, while others might only find out after 10 minutes or so.
Then people who would otherwise be sec can just default to knowing immediately since they would meta know already.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286929

Any period of not knowing will either incite chaos or boredom/inactivity.
Hahahaha, i just killed a man because im totally a traitor but i just dont know it right hahaha... "Nervous Laughter"

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286933

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Any period of not knowing will either incite chaos or boredom/inactivity.
Hahahaha, i just killed a man because im totally a traitor but i just dont know it right hahaha... "Nervous Laughter"
Unlike extended rounds where people already finished doing their jobs, people do have tasks and stuff to do in the first minutes of a round. And i'm sure people behaving like antags before being antags is not ok.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286937

Its never stopped them before, rolling for antagonist just gets longer in a period of not knowing. People ROLL for antag.

This is waiting for the dice to land or the coin to stop flipping in the air.

Spoiler:
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #287287

It's a good thing that we can explain it as you being brainwashed remotely and whatnot so admins can say "you weren't a traitor at the time you killed this guy, therefore DING DONG BANNU"
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #287303

problems i see with this:
by 15 minutes in half the steal objectives will be gone anyways. especially the hand teles, antique laser gun, blueprints, hypospray, etc
by 15 minutes security will want to call the shuttle due to the amount of greytide that tends to happen when no antagonists have shown themselves within ten seconds of roundstart
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287309

BeeSting12 wrote:problems i see with this:
by 15 minutes in half the steal objectives will be gone anyways. especially the hand teles, antique laser gun, blueprints, hypospray, etc
by 15 minutes security will want to call the shuttle due to the amount of greytide that tends to happen when no antagonists have shown themselves within ten seconds of roundstart
there is nothing more disgusting than captains unzipping their antiques at roundstart

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #287349

by 15 minutes security will want to call the shuttle due to the amount of minor IC crime that tends to happen when no antagonists have shown themselves within ten seconds of roundstart
Extended somehow lasts one-two hours, so i think there wouldn't be too much chaos.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

D&B

Post by D&B » #287467

XDTM wrote:
by 15 minutes security will want to call the shuttle due to the amount of minor IC crime that tends to happen when no antagonists have shown themselves within ten seconds of roundstart
Extended somehow lasts one-two hours, so i think there wouldn't be too much chaos.
You ever played extended in high pop?

It's always a shitshow
Spoiler:
fuck you
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #287562

D&B wrote:
XDTM wrote:
You ever played extended in high pop?

It's always a shitshow
At least the shitshows are more interesting than 2 hours of nothing happening.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
bandit

Post by bandit » #287563

This? This attitude infuriates me. I see it from time to time, and it's infuriating.

They're not "gone." Unless someone literally cremated all the antag objectives at roundstart (which is bannable), they are not gone. Someone took them. As a traitor, it is your job to find out who, and get it from that person, by force if necessary. It might involve (gasp) talking to people to find out who. It might involve surveillance, or getting fingerprints, or the like. It might, depending on what the objective is, involve cargo. It will probably involve killing for a reason other than murderbone. But traitors crying because their objective stopped being piss-easy is one of the worst developments of the server imo

admin feedback pls
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #287580

bandit wrote:
This? This attitude infuriates me. I see it from time to time, and it's infuriating.

They're not "gone." Unless someone literally cremated all the antag objectives at roundstart (which is bannable), they are not gone. Someone took them. As a traitor, it is your job to find out who, and get it from that person, by force if necessary. It might involve (gasp) talking to people to find out who. It might involve surveillance, or getting fingerprints, or the like. It might, depending on what the objective is, involve cargo. It will probably involve killing for a reason other than murderbone. But traitors crying because their objective stopped being piss-easy is one of the worst developments of the server imo
whenever i get my tator objective i hide it in one of 200 remote areas that are almost impossible to find.

so tough luck finding that.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #287586

bandit wrote:

By gone I mean extremely hard to find. Obviously it is still possible, but read point two, and you'll see why that's a complaint. Nowadays I see the shuttle called fairly early leaving little time for traitors to do stuff such as go on a wild goose chase for their steal objective which is probably on an assistant who fucked off to space and died at the Syndicate salvage ruin. I don't even have this attitude because I don't care about greentexting as a traitor, I'm just pointing out possible problems with this idea and that struck me as one of them. Roundstart traitors have time to plan out how they can get their objective, and 15 minute in traitors can't surveill a target or plan out the theft of an object they don't know they have until 15 minutes in.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
bandit

Post by bandit » #287589

bman wrote:whenever i get my tator objective i hide it in one of 200 remote areas that are almost impossible to find.

let me guess it's the linen boxes
By gone I mean extremely hard to find. Obviously it is still possible, but read point two, and you'll see why that's a complaint. Nowadays I see the shuttle called fairly early leaving little time for traitors to do stuff such as go on a wild goose chase for their steal objective which is probably on an assistant who fucked off to space and died at the Syndicate salvage ruin. I don't even have this attitude because I don't care about greentexting as a traitor, I'm just pointing out possible problems with this idea and that struck me as one of them. Roundstart traitors have time to plan out how they can get their objective, and 15 minute in traitors can't surveill a target or plan out the theft of an object they don't know they have until 15 minutes in.
maybe you should git gud, if you need more time then recall the shuttle

admin feedback pls
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #287708

80% of tators ignore their objectives anyway. :^)

Also speaking of steal objectives, I've always thought that a more interesting way of going about it would be to have multiple tators after the one item. Fluff wise it can be agents belonging to different syndie factions wanting the same shit for political/gloating/research purposes. Then let them buy a special pinpointer that points to their target item, but isn't quite as precise, ie: points to the item when far away, but when close just tells you that it's nearby instead.
That gives you a solution to not being able to find the item at all, as well as a good reason for (non murderbone) killing.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #287741

bandit wrote:
bman wrote:whenever i get my tator objective i hide it in one of 200 remote areas that are almost impossible to find.

I was thinking Toilet cistern.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #290260

I like this idea, it feels frustrating when you finish your jobs role path only to immediately get on the shuttle, while extended is too boring. This is a really good idea for spicing things up.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #290355

bandit wrote:

dude they're basically gone. Unless you murderbone the entire station of 60-70 people and search them you aren't going to find it. "talking to people to find out who" If you asked about a traitor objective that isn't something people want to steal like the laser gun or hand tele then sec is probably going to valid you because "lol he wanted the station blueprints, he must be tator". Those are the kinds of players we have.
--Crocodillo

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #290356

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
bandit wrote:

I was thinking Toilet cistern.
oh man dude, there's one time I'm convinced that someone had a meta buddy as a ghost who saw me hide something in a toilet. It was a document exchange round, the exchange went great, neither of us has the objective to get both sets of documents. About 5 minutes later I swapped clothes just in case and went to a toilet. I made sure no one following me, checked every locker on the way, etc. I hid my docs in the toilet along with a revolver in case sec searched me for some reason. I came back later and the fucking toilet was open, no other toilets were open, it was the only one someone checked. Unless I got incredibly unlucky and some goon was checking all the toilets I have no idea how they found it.
--Crocodillo