Shockwave sprites for bombs.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Shockwave sprites for bombs.

Post by CPTANT » #286429

Right now bombs just kinda make everything suddenly disappear. I think bombs would look way cooler if the moving shockwave front has some sort of visualization.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Shockwave sprites for bombs.

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286445

If it was specific to the reagents it'd be nice. Glitter bomb wave.

Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #286906

FantasticFwoosh wrote:If it was specific to the reagents it'd be nice. Glitter bomb wave.
I was mostly thinking about TTV bombs.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #287088

Bombs are laggy enough as is. We don't really need every bomb to spawn an expanding number of extra entities every time they do something.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #287089

cedarbridge wrote:Bombs are laggy enough as is. We don't really need every bomb to spawn an expanding number of extra entities every time they do something.
I can think of a few ways to do it that wouldn't be too resource intensive, like only making 8 entities going four cardinal directions + diagonals and having them move in their respective directions + scaling their size up every tile they move to cover the bomb blast area
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #287093

CosmicScientist wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Bombs are laggy enough as is. We don't really need every bomb to spawn an expanding number of extra entities every time they do something.
I can think of a few ways to do it that wouldn't be too resource intensive, like only making 8 entities going four cardinal directions + diagonals and having them move in their respective directions + scaling their size up every tile they move to cover the bomb blast area
Do you even need eight entities?
Could just do one big ring and keep scaling it up but it might start looking nasty the bigger it gets

Although the new BYOND scaling method will be better so it won't make things blurry so at that point yeah I guess you could do that
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #288223

Wouldn't you basically just need 1 animation that just stops at the right time?