New shit for time eradication agents: TIME POLICE

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

New shit for time eradication agents: TIME POLICE

Post by Armhulen » #307909

Okay so i'm a huge fan of TE agents but they're kinda shit as is, both balance wise and fun.

edit: this post has been approved by obscolene
1. Area Time Generator
They're area of effect devices that effect the surrounding time, in a couple different settings. It's a small item that the TE agents are immune to the effects of, but anyone who has hold of it can switch chronosuit immunity on and off on it.
STOP
Makes time in this aoe stop completely like the wizard aoe spell. Great for re-positioning yourself or escapingbut you can't effect the time of anyone who is frozen in time, because zero times anything is zero.
SLOW
Slows all actions in there. bullets are slowed, action delay is increased, movement is slowed, et cet. This mode is great for the TE because he can effect slowed time, not stopped.
FAST
Good for buffing yourself. Keep in mind you need to turn off chronosuit immunity to take advantage of it, and you do not want to accidentally hit STOP on your device while you don't have chronosuit immunity.
ERADICATE
Chuck the device at your foes, and watch them rapidly age to death! Every second in the eradication speed ages them 20 years, and when they get old enough...! Heart attack! Organ failures! This also can turn bodies to skeletons > bones > dust, so careful on overuse. TURN ON CHRONOSUIT IMMUNITY, DAMMIT!
It also does a large bit of genetic damage, too.
2. Chrono Adjustment Device
It's a baton! It has some of the above effects but on one person. Good for avoiding accidentally time-stopping yourself! Keep in mind the time effects are time based instead of being inside an area of effect, and you can stack them with the AOE device for some fun effects!
Spoiler:
inb4 te agent smacks you with eradicate while the eradication field is on
STOP
Freezes them, but keep in mind the stuns don't stack as you can't effect someone's time when they're frozen in time. Whereas the ATG unfreezes them when they leave the aoe, this just has a set time.
SLOW
Slow, but for one person. No Area of effect. Hit them with this and then run for an easy escape.
FAST
Smack yaself, get a buff. Smack ya friends. Smack ya family. If you accidentally get slowed in the ATG field, smack yaself to negate it.
ERADICATE
Just like the ATG, but not aoe. Instead of every second, it's every baton hit. BAD SHIT HAPPENS IF YOU ERADICATE SOMEONE IN AN ERADICATION FIELD.
3. WOMBO COMBOS
1. FAST does shit other than free escapu
Keep in mind that buffing yourself with fast is great because it also reduces click delay by half. With this, you could probably STOP someone and then buff yourself to FAST, then switch to ERADICATE and smash them five times in a couple seconds after STOP wears off giving them a heart attack.
2. STOP isn't useless
STOP is really good for repositioning yourself, but you could also drop the device and run. Sure, now you don't have the ATG, but that person is pretty much permanantly stuck in the time freeze. Or maybe I should make the ATG need batteries, I dunno.
3. ERADICATE Effectiveness
Keep in mind the following:
3a. ERADICATE doesn't work with STOP
3b. ERADICATE is really shitty with slow
3c. ERADICATE is really amazing with fast, fast your enemies and then smack em with the eradication for 40 years off their life and a shit ton of genetic damage
3d. ERADICATE and ERADICATE instantly destroys your timeline
4. Conclusion
Is this as good as Environmental Smash? Who knows! It doesn't matter, TE Agents need some love and they need it right fucking now
Last edited by Armhulen on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Re: New shit for time eradication agents: TIME POLICE

Post by Armhulen » #307911

5. EXTRA SHIT I FORGOT WHOOPSIES
Remove their TED gun. It's not fun waiting in the exact same spot for 40 seconds to kill one person.

I can and will be spriting the baton and ATG device.

Someone else has to code it tho L M A O
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #307917

Even im not this bombastic. My eyes hurt and im suprised EA's are even still took seriously anymore.

If you think you can make this admin meme better, feel free but i hit the brick wall in touching rare admin memes when i tried to modify gatfruit.

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #307920

I love TE agents, sometimes give them timestop but I NEED MORE, OK?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #307930

I fucking love this idea and think people will support it for za warudo memes. Time manipulation is cool and so is the interactions between stopping them and not being able to hurt the, or slowing them and making them take less damage etc. All thats needed is a designated role I think, as a person on the station itll just be murderbony which is lame but if it was a traitor kit, or a traitor could pay 20TC to hire a ghost time agent to come help them that would be cool.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #308034

Seems far more balanced and enjoyable than 40 second to erase TD that has never been used since it was first implemented.

Also make Eternal Youth make someone immune to ERADICATE!
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #308241

Make it happen, ive seen energy axes more than chronos
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #308248

for the love of god learn the difference between affect and effect
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #308266

DemonFiren wrote:for the love of god learn the difference between affect and effect
Fiiine
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #308281

I think their shitty gun is part of the charm whenever they appear to erase Adolf Hitler back into his timeline.