Lets add Starship Troopers memes

A place to record your ideas for the game.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Lets add Starship Troopers memes

Post by srifenbyxp » #316014

Because why not

[youtube]MSGzJ05OWgI[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Lets add Starship Troopers memes

Post by InsaneHyena » #316031

Confirmed as Steelpoint's alt
Bring back papercult.

srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #316056

I'll have you know that there can only be 1 Srifenbyxp. None can match my CHA rolls
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #316057

srifenbyxp wrote:I'll have you know that there can only be 1 Srifenbyxp. None can match my CHA rolls
there is actually 0 srifenbyxps
but if hyena is right there are 2 steelpoints
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #316064

Just kiss and make your own startrooper server already or something by ripping off the CM format.

Spoiler:
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #316257

DemonFiren wrote:
srifenbyxp wrote:I'll have you know that there can only be 1 Srifenbyxp. None can match my CHA rolls
there is actually 0 srifenbyxps
but if hyena is right there are 2 steelpoints

NONE CAN MATCH MY CHA - YOU FAILING TO SEE THIS PROVES IT EVEN MORE
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #316265

that's damn right
none can match your cha
even flypeople have higher cha
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #316357

We have, intelligent spiders were the proper starship troopers bugs.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #316641

Reece wrote:We have, intelligent spiders were the proper starship troopers bugs.
Replace the xeno ruin on lavaland with a starship trooper terror spider nest etc (putting high cost on it), and offer some ghost roles and basic gathering & fighting gameplay (collect minerals to create resources at the nest) with some bugs and that's set.

Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #316751

I do want to steal CM's way of being able to give roles to 100+ players at a time. We currently hit a cap at around 70~ and players beyond that have to pick assistant. Assistant doesn't have any ingame content to grind through or a defined goal to work towards, nor does it immediately encourage players to bunch up and cooperate, like squads do.

Can an extra 10, maybe 20, even 30+ players on /tg/ armed with weapons co-exist alongside another 60~ players doing more traditional spess jobs?

edit

add in random ruins that spawn antags that can multiply, to act as our version of xenos. We've got plenty of things to draw upon for this- expanded ashwalkers, swarmers, maybe corrupted golem ships or plant vaults- or even mass hostile wildlife. Make miners into
Spoiler:
conquistadors
Nanotrasen scouts, make their vouchers select between kinetic accelerators fluffed to either kill or mine better, and set them loose into planetstation.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #316766

imblyings wrote: Can an extra 10, maybe 20, even 30+ players on /tg/ armed with weapons co-exist alongside another 60~ players doing more traditional spess jobs?
I can hear steelpoint screaming with delight, but the objective purpose of how CM works is that admins will ban the living shit out of you for civilian roles trying to arm themselves with gear (scientists can only carry pistols etc.), hence HRP keeps it in check.

Immediately the co-existance would be broken as people order more guns from cargo and actively conscript (also it would have to be in a non-pressurised lavaland/z level because KA's are OP) themselves to fight and entirely depopulate the server of station side roles because people want bug valids.

Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #316802

nobody really arms themselves with kinetic accelerators :^)
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #316842

CosmicScientist wrote:Side question: why doesn't CM code in role restricted behaviour? They could make civvies be really crap at using anything beyond a pistol (no tacticool reloads, shooting is always bursts but with 1 to full mag RNG, no holding a second item in your other hand) maybe even being extreme enough to not allow civvies to """understand""" how to reload a bigger gun.

I'd ask us to have some coded roleplay beyond our bartender can't spill drinks he throws but I think the last time it came up, everyone got up in arms about not being able to one man everything/clown slip operative and steal guns or something. It'd be nice to not need a plant analyser as a botanist or science gogs as a chem-meister.
Because they don't care about handing out bans when people clearly violate the rules. It also worms out shitty players by leaving the avenue to do the behavior open, saving coding time & effort on something likely to be convoluted in the closed source code.

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #317460

imblyings wrote:I do want to steal CM's way of being able to give roles to 100+ players at a time.
Wow it's not like the server admins can adjust the caps on roles or anything