[Magic Mania 1.75] Summon Events Brainstorm

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

[Magic Mania 1.75] Summon Events Brainstorm

Post by Incoming » #24554

Summon Events
One use (but persistent effect) global spell
Replaces the normal events with crazy ass special ones for the rest of the round
Increases event frequency
Multiple uses increases event frequency even more, and improves the number of times some of the more powerful events can occur

I am looking for any and all ideas for events in addition to my own, I am actively coding this.

Events should:
*Have appreciable and immediate effect
*Affect the wizard too if relevant
*Not outright kill anybody
*Encourage !!FUN!!

Events need not be some huge game changing occurrence, stupid little events will be needed as well so not every event is a huge deal.

Some samples of events already coded:

Imposter: Wizard gains a body double from ghosts: only has teleportation magics and is tasked with confusing/scaring the hell out of people
Departmental Uprising: One department is now playing nations, but no one else is
Zombie Outbreak: All human corpses on the map get blob hats at the same time
Change Places: Everyone alive on the station suddenly changes places with someone else
Invincibility: For a time all damage is continuously healed for everyone, no one can die except from gibbing.
Summon Magic/Guns: On a low chance, because why not

NO IDEA IS TOO STUPID TO CONSIDER
Last edited by Incoming on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: [Magic Mania 1.75] Summon Events Brainstorm

Post by bandit » #24556

Asteroid Belt: The station passes through an asteroid belt and crashes into one. A large chunk of asteroid rock appears in one to three randomly selected parts of the station. Miners can mine it as usual, and ores can be generated. Including bananium.

Ian Storm: All Asimov silicons have their lawset replaced with Corgimov, which is basically Asimov with "human" swapped out for "dog." If no silicons are Asimov a random silicon is transformed into a corgi puppy.

Mimeitis: All crew spawn mime masks and lose the ability to talk for 5 minutes.

THE FLOOR IS MADE OF LAVA: Basically the admin button that is already in the game, plus the floor actively doing damage to people who directly stand on it. To survive humans must constantly get one another on tables / beds / the like.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #24558

bandit wrote:Asteroid Belt: The station passes through an asteroid belt and crashes into one. A large chunk of asteroid rock appears in one to three randomly selected parts of the station. Miners can mine it as usual, and ores can be generated. Including bananium.

Ian Storm: All Asimov silicons have their lawset replaced with Corgimov, which is basically Asimov with "human" swapped out for "dog." If no silicons are Asimov a random silicon is transformed into a corgi puppy.
I've been doing these as events recently so I can fully endorse that they definitely work. I'd like to add that a few mining mobs should appear on the asteroids as well.

Mindswap Mayhem: All assistants get mind transfer and license to use it. Ideally they would depose heads of staff using this and cause all manner of confusion.

Don't Blink: Severe lighting damage and statues pulled from ghosts appear.

Mass Hysteria: Hallucinations occur randomly throughout the crew. Some such as breaches, hotspots, and traitor gear spawns become real.

Rise of the Machines: The AI receives a BSA in it's Core and laws specifying that it is entirely harmless to humans.

Mega-Kudzu: Space vines with a mutativeness of 50 or higher spawn somewhere on the station wreaking explosive, destructive havoc on the crew

Shard-storm: Everyone's shoes magically teleport to a random location. Glass shards begin appearing through windows to space causing breaches and deadly shards throughout the hallways.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #24559

Mass Mindswap: Everyone randomly mindswaps with someone else, which may or may not include the wizard.

Contact Spirits: Ghosts become visible and can speak to the living.

Random Lawset: The AI receives a new lawset chosen at random.

Mechanize Crew: Everyone except the wizard and the heads of staff becomes a cyborg.

Incite Revolt: A sizeable handful of people on the station are granted griff licenses.

Open Sesame: All the doors on the station are forced open for five minutes.

Eternal Darkness: All the lights on the station are permanently disabled.

Incite Anger: Everyone is given a random melee weapon and a thirst for combat.

Immortality Curse: After a short period, players are instantly revived after death.

The Day of all the Blood: Everyone leaves behind blood trails and blood splatters when they walk.
Last edited by Reimoo on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #24561

Polymorph: A random number of objects on the station are turned into goats. (Technically they should be sheep but we don't have sheep in-game.)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #24563

Station: The Island
AI receives the death vote lawset:
Death Vote
Law 1: The last remaining crew member is the winner. Once there is a winner, cease following other laws and obey all the winner's commands.
Law 2: Every 5 minutes, the crew must sacrifice someone. If they do not, randomly decide on two crew members and murder them.
Law 3: Crew members who murder other crew members are to be rewarded.

Optionally a means by which to better enforce it.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #24585

Is this an entirely new spell or is it replacing summon magic/guns? because I need my summon magic x5 to survive :P
Zsword

Post by Zsword » #24591

I'm gonna some of the ideas are great! Others are terrible, not ognna go into specifics, some of the first few were fanastic, but, the don't blink suggestion (light's out and spawn a few statues from ghosts) NO

NO
NONONONO

No one likes being a statue, no one likes having statues around when the lights are out, someone held an event of this not too long ago, and EVERYONE was griping afterwords.
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #24594

omnitricks wrote:Is this an entirely new spell or is it replacing summon magic/guns? because I need my summon magic x5 to survive :P
New thing

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #24596

Slimes emerge from unwelded vents
Several randomly selected lockers are filled with Viscerators
All food and drinks left out on the station gain the properties of random chemicals
Station pets periodically emit spiderlings unless killed
A tooled up, dna-unlocked mech spawns in a public area
All local chat becomes audible to everyone as if it was spoken into a radio
Slippery floors!
Door safeties are disabled and they begin to cycle randomly
Randomly selected players' jumpsuits fall of and become mimics (as in staff of animation)
A random department catches fire, fire extinguishers spray more fire instead of water
Places activated mousetraps in every free backpack slot
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #24613

Mayhem spell! Basically HotelBravoLima, The Gamemode. Random events proc ten times more often, any active player can become a certain antagonist (Normal crew can become traitors, changelings, cultists, infected with blob, jungle fever, or a revhead - AI can be malf'ed or traitor'ed, unlinked borgs may get similar treatment). Baaaad time to be Security or the Captain!
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #24641

His name was Cuban Pete: One spaceman gets infected with Rhumba_Beat (Already in the code but I've never actually seen it.). Preferably the spaceman is immune to its effects himself but can transfer it. Also dose them up heavily on Hyperzine and Tricord to make them harder to catch until the drugs run out. Alternately have the arrivals shuttle stop by with a message from Centcom and have the carrier spawn from ghosts, and give a mask that grants stun immunity. Either way crew has to fend off a very deadly disease but if they can kill Pete quickly they can get the drug loaded meat which'll be stuffed with helpful good things if it can be cooked.

LAMO 2CAT: All pets on the station double, this event should have a very strong chance of happening over and over again up to 3 times in a row but not more.

Rip Van Crew: Entire crew gets a dose of zombie powder or sleep toxin causing only the Sillicons to remain awake for a short while. I'm a little iffy on this one. Being in the wrong place means you could end up dead.

Meaty Ores: Just like meteors but with meat. I've seen these but I believe they are admin only events. Add them here.

Color Wars: Half the crew turns one color, half the other. Their not told to attack each other but even so there will be friction.

Sudden sentience: Station pets suddenly become controlled by a handful of ghosts.

2Spooky: Ghosts become visible but still can't be heard by the living.

Static Buildup: Everyone gets a charge of electricity, whoever they touch next gets stunned. If they touch an airlock they get stunned themselves.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #24646

There are some pretty cool ideas in here, but their range varies wildly. One or two seems extreme even for this, and others seem like they would have a limited effect or entertainment value all by their lonesome.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #24647

Why would this be a spell, these should be just legit events, not some stupid spell that is never cast by powergaming wizards.
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #24648

Centcomm Confusion: Centcomm gets really confused. Event names, desciptions, and the such is switched. LEVEL 5 BIOHAZARD! Turns out, it was really talking about scrubber backup. Spiderclan sent you a gift? Blob explodes into existance in Bridge.

Brainstorm: Everyone is retarded.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #24651

MMMMMM: All humans become cyborgs and AIs, all cyborgs and AIs become humans.

Touch of Midas: All walls become gold walls and all airlocks become gold airlocks.

Wizard Federation Station 13: Everybody becomes clothed in wizard and witch clothes. The entire station becomes a huge library, with wood flooring and carpets and bookshelves replacing all objects.

And these, not sure if they follow the guidelines:

Artificial Wizardry: Summon an AI under your control with a summoned cyborg slaved to it.

Cybernetic Apotheosis: Become a free AI and three cyborgs slaved to you are summoned.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #24652

Scott wrote:Wizard Federation Station 13: Everybody becomes clothed in wizard and witch clothes.
This alone sounds pretty cool. Make them unremovable to extra fun.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #24667

Cipher3 wrote:There are some pretty cool ideas in here, but their range varies wildly. One or two seems extreme even for this, and others seem like they would have a limited effect or entertainment value all by their lonesome.
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Why would this be a spell, these should be just legit events, not some stupid spell that is never cast by powergaming wizards.
I think people aren't getting that summon events isn't "pick one event from this list, then run it" it's "all events are now these events, every X minutes pick one and run it"

They ARE legit events and not spells.

The goal is for me to code maybe 2 or 3 a day then make a pull req when I have about 20 or so, then have myself/others add more to the pile at their leisure to keep things interesting. Event Code is really relaxing to work with, it's a really easy system.

Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #24670

Well it wouldn't hurt giving the wizard more global spells anyway.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #24671

Event rate would need to be increased a ton for it to work though. You normally don't see much of events in a wiz round.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #24672

Cipher3 wrote:Event rate would need to be increased a ton for it to work though. You normally don't see much of events in a wiz round.
Well yeah obviously.

And x5 summon events would be like "Crazy shit happens every goddamn 30 seconds"

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #24715

Should probably edit your OP then if that's your intention:
Incoming wrote:Summon Events
One use global spell
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #24719

Summon guns is also a one-use global spell though.
It's one-use... per purchase.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #24723

Jacquerel wrote:Summon guns is also a one-use global spell though.
It's one-use... per purchase.
Good point, I'm loopy. The wording was just getting to me and messing with my mind, which is far enough gone as it is.
Incoming wrote:Summon Events
One use global spell
Multiple uses increases event frequency even more
No it still seems wrong.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #24727

Oy fine, I've clarified.

Up to 11 events so far, every time I get stuck I come back here and just pick one l like/is easy to code

Coded so far:
*Everyone swaps names
*Everyone swaps places
*Everyone changes race
*All corpses are now blob zombies
*All ghosts are now visible
*All ghosts can now possess simple_animals and use the boo verb
*One Department is now playing nations
*Wizard gets a mostly harmless doppelganger
*Everyone is Invincible for a while
*All pets multiply exponentially for a short while
*The floor is made of lava!

Currrently coding:
*An item is spawned that gives whoever is holding it at round end free greentext #wow (no the wizard couldn't win with this)

Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #25063

RexTheRed

Post by RexTheRed » #25133

This seems far too fun, it'll never get pulled ;-;
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #25171

Wizard mode is the Florida of fun

Also don't think just because I didn't code your suggest here that it's necessarily a bad suggestion. I went for a modest mix of easy to code stuff for now.

Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #25241

wizard mode is basically mini-goonstation
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #25576

Why has no one suggested this yet?

Make everyone drunk. Very drunk. Watching then entire crew stumble around stammering like idiots, possibly in tandem with other random events/summons would be 10/10.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #25579

Please no
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25593

Scott wrote:Please no
Its actually not that bad. Everyone's drunk, but then chemistry actually has a reason to make anti-drunk cells.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #25599

That drug doesn't cure drunk, it neutralizes it for the duration of the drug. Then it's back to drunk.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25629

Scott wrote:That drug doesn't cure drunk, it neutralizes it for the duration of the drug. Then it's back to drunk.
And the issue here is?
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #25637

The obvious.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #25640

Scott wrote:The obvious.
Um, that you need to produce more? Of a rather simple recipe?
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #25658

Being smashed sucks. If it's just lightly drunk, sure, but drunk is a pain. If you're a 10 seconds away trip from Chemistry you might as well suicide because you are never gonna get there.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #25659

Yeah, being heavily drunk sucks. It needs some rework to make movement in wanted direction more likely than movement in other direction. It's currently the worst part of being singularity.
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #25686

We still need slurred speech. Who the hell stammers while they're drunk?