Make medibots ignore viral infections by default

A place to record your ideas for the game.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Make medibots ignore viral infections by default

Post by newfren » #320441

With the new virology update many new diseases naturally have a cure of spaceacillin instead of being always salt when you just crammed all the good symptoms in. Neutered symptoms also still count towards making the face green and unhappy instead of blue and happy. For example: I had a disease with neutered fever, neutered itching, viral evolutionary acceleration, eternal youth, heat resistance, and flesh mending. This had a cure of spaceacillin and while it had no negative treatments (as fever and itching were both neutered) it still had the sad green face and all the medibots scurrying around curing people. If there's an actual viral outbreak then the doctors can just turn viral treatment on, otherwise this helps stop all of virology's work being ruined by the roundstart medibot.

Also give me 8 symptoms back
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Make medibots ignore viral infections by default

Post by Cobby » #320492

Is this not just a TRUE/FALSE change? Just do it yourself lmao
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320541

They only try to cure it if it has negative symptoms, like sneezing.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #320717

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Is this not just a TRUE/FALSE change? Just do it yourself lmao
FREEZE
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #320725

Anonmare wrote:They only try to cure it if it has negative symptoms, like sneezing.
They will also try to cure it if those negative symptoms are neutered and only acting as a buff. Also I have no idea how to navigate github which is why I requested this here on the forums instead of writing a PR.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #320778

Or you could just, y'know

Move
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320796

Spaceacillin prevents you from transmitting a virus if it's in your system.
It's honestly too hard to make, and metablised too fast to be of practical use except in the rare case when a disease is cured by it. It'd be better off if it was in a sleeper because I never make any as a chemist unless I know there's a disease about with Spaceacillin as its cure.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #320816

l
Anonmare wrote:Spaceacillin prevents you from transmitting a virus if it's in your system.
It's honestly too hard to make, and metablised too fast to be of practical use except in the rare case when a disease is cured by it. It'd be better off if it was in a sleeper because I never make any as a chemist unless I know there's a disease about with Spaceacillin as its cure.
Plenty in the vending machines
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current