Organ Research Department : Sprites will be made by myself.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FuryMcFlurry
Byond Username: Fury McFlurry

Organ Research Department : Sprites will be made by myself.

Post by FuryMcFlurry » #331035

Hello all. I've been spending the last 2 weeks pixeling and animating devices for my idea.(also makes the limbgrower redundant) So here goes.
Have this be a new department or a addition to the current geneticist job

ImageOrgan Research Pod
A machine that scans organs and makes a research plan for organ scanned. must be hooked up with the organ server computer. clicking on this device will remove inserted organ.

ImageOrgan Synthesizer
A wondrous machine that creates organs from Synthflesh

ImageOrgan Computer
A computer containing all the buttons for the department the function.
This computer basically operates all the other machines its linked to.
The menu will show you ,
• Scan organ
-Scans the organ you have in the Organ Research Pod.
• Research organ
-Opens a Minigame that allows you to gain research points (a currency used to purchase the next tier of organ research), and adds the organ you completed the research with to your database for you to synthesize.
• View database
-Opens a menu where all your current organs you have completed are listed and ready for creation.
• Purchase Research
-Allows you view your current research points and unlock the next tier. Research points can be used to purchase normal limbs and organs data for your database
• Synthesize organ
-Creates the selected organ.
• Synthesize a random organ
-Allows you to select a tier and a random organ from that list will be made, for you to research.

ImageBody Scanner
A medical scanning device that allow someone to be scanned and see all their organs within their body. Scanning will give them minor radiation.

Organs and Tumors

Organs are Tiered from bad to good organs. (I want to avoid hidden advantages so healing organs in every part of your body is big no no)

Tier 0 : Tumors
These are mainly bad ones.
Brain Scatter Deals small brain damage overtime. causes headaches
Hemorrhage Causes you to cough up blood. Dealing brute damage.
Acidic Deals small burn damage overtime. causes stomach pains and makes your vomit randomly
Drugging Causes hallucinations. makes your head feel like its spinning
Stumbling Makes you stumble into a random direction, makes you shake uncontrollably.
Auto-brewery Slowly injects Ethanol into your bloodstream.
Sleep-inducing Slowly injects Sleepy toxin/Morphine into your bloodstream. causes yawning
Vomiting Causes your randomly to vomit.
Black spots Random black spots appear on your screen.
Tier 1: Gimmicks
Luminescence Makes you glow in a random color.
Combustion Sets you aflame randomly
Sanguine consume Stomach Drinking blood adds nutrition to you body. also heals you for a tiny amount.
Squeaky Being hit makes you play a sound
Colored skin Changes your skin color to a random color
Brain Healing Heals your brain damage slowly.
Tier 2
Electric Randomly electrify an attacker causes sparks to fly to this limb
Random Chem A random chem is picked and this organ injects you with it ( could be shitty)
Smouldering Randomly burns an attacker to this limb
Sleep-reducing Makes you immune to sleep
Cold Randomly Cools an attacker
Armored carapace Adds 5 armor to this limb
Buffed punches Your punches deals extra damage (4 extra brute) with this limb
Dark-vision Allows you to see into the darkness with these eyes
Tier 3
Shock Immunity Yellows gloves in limb form
Fire Retardant You cannot be set on fire. with these limbs
Frost Emitting Your punches will freeze someone with these limbs
Thermal Vision See mobs through walls with these eyes
Venomous Tail You can use your stinger ready your next attack to deal tox damage (gives an icon like the krav maga gloves would)

This list is just a suggestion and anyone can suggest limbs organs and other things.

Research.

Im not sure what would be a good mechanic but i've been looking at a minecraft mod that does its research mechanic pretty well, maybe base the research off this? https://youtu.be/XCO06WsDjlE?t=195 Research starts around 2:50 mins.
Last edited by FuryMcFlurry on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Organ Research Department : Sprites will be made by myse

Post by Anonmare » #331041

Maybe we could also roll Genetics into this system?

A possible way to do it is remove the random factor but make it require point purchases to unlock the next level of Genetics.
(like tier 0 being purely cosmetic with some minor negative disabilities, tier 1 being weak/circumstancial beneficial and moderate disabilities, tier 2 being typical powers like x-ray and cold resistance and some debilitating disabilities and tier 3 being where TK and Hulk reside).

I also feel it should have a material cost, but mining materials might only be needed in cases for the very strong organs, with bog standards only needing chemical reagents. Like tumours you can make do with just unstable mutagen, combustion requiring welding fuel, brain healing needing mannitol and so on.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #331042

I also kind of think that organs should only work if they're bing implanted into non-robotic limbs so you can't stack benefits. Armoured carapace and robolimbs would make you impervious to a lot of common melee stuff
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331044

If carapace actually modified your user sprite, applying some of these non-internal organs would probably call you out as non-human like xeno organs do.

Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #331052

FantasticFwoosh wrote:If carapace actually modified your user sprite, applying some of these non-internal organs would probably call you out as non-human like xeno organs do.
do xeno organs make you nonhuman?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331055

BeeSting12 wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:If carapace actually modified your user sprite, applying some of these non-internal organs would probably call you out as non-human like xeno organs do.
do xeno organs make you nonhuman?
Im not sure definitely but laying eggs and spitting neurotoxin i've had AI's gripe over before for more than just law 1 clauses.

Spoiler:
FuryMcFlurry

Post by FuryMcFlurry » #331056

I can make a more bulky limbs and what not. to make it more obvious.

Also im on the tgstation discord. just find me with @Fury . im rather active on discord
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #331059

I am seeing a lot of overlap with virology, genetics, AND robotics in this idea. I mean it isnt a bad idea but what does it add to the game that doesnt already exist in some form? I mean more than one source of stuff isnt a bad idea but it seems a tad redundant as this is basically the robotics implant system in biological form.

Augmentation has a downside of EMP vulnerability, virology allows for the production of diseases as well as helpful stuff so there is trust needed. genetics stuff can be removed with one syringe of mutadone and are heavily reliant on RND ( which I still dont think is enough of a downside for the power you can get from it). What would be the downside of organ implantation? Making you non-human really isnt that big of a downside, needs something else to set it apart from the other methods of obtaining powers.
FuryMcFlurry

Post by FuryMcFlurry » #331183

Dr_bee wrote:I am seeing a lot of overlap with virology, genetics, AND robotics in this idea. I mean it isnt a bad idea but what does it add to the game that doesnt already exist in some form? I mean more than one source of stuff isnt a bad idea but it seems a tad redundant as this is basically the robotics implant system in biological form.

Augmentation has a downside of EMP vulnerability, virology allows for the production of diseases as well as helpful stuff so there is trust needed. genetics stuff can be removed with one syringe of mutadone and are heavily reliant on RND ( which I still dont think is enough of a downside for the power you can get from it). What would be the downside of organ implantation? Making you non-human really isnt that big of a downside, needs something else to set it apart from the other methods of obtaining powers.
We could make it that organs takes synthflesh like the current limb grower. and as for downside is that surgery takes time to complete and and sometimes requires chemicals to do it safely. I am open for suggestion however.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #331195

Make organ failure happen if you jam too many organs in, or require anti rejection drugs for weirder organs. The only way to be free of the drugs is die, and then be cloned to acclimitise the body...though that may be hard to do clonewise.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331196

Dying would require you to surgically remove the limbs from the body, as new clones are fresh with generic human parts.

Just to remind ourselves, what does the organs cost? If it requested different chemicals in quantities then we might be able to justify it for being generally awkward, using a chemical retention buffer like what we currently have on the protolathe for radium (for floral somarays)

Spoiler:
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #331434

Tying it to the chem system gives me an idea, what if they only functioned when a certain chem was in your system, and went dormant with it out of it.

This would make it mechanically different from other upgrade methods in that you actually have to maintain your organs if you want the powers active.

having them be cloned along with you would be a good bonus if it required you to be dosed with a chem for the power to function.

make the chem random for hilarious combos like superpowers that only work when you are stone drunk.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #332547

I am very much interested in this project, especially as I have recent experience with the organ and surgery systems. Please post the .DMI for all these sprites.

Into this I could roll in some more random tumors/diseases/mutations, an Idea I had but cut from the organ PR for atomization.

I'm not so sure about the research minigame you linked, because I don't think it would be possible with tgui, something I am already not very strong with.
tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #332782

need suggestions for how research should work
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #332812

tacolizard wrote:need suggestions for how research should work
Press a button, generate an organ with random properties that you dont know, somehow test it to discover the properties, press a button to hold a property, press another button to randomize the remaining properties.

You can save an organ design at any time to replicate it, you can only hold one property per randomization, meaning you need to randomize an organ enough times to find the kind you want.

Make it use synthflesh and blood as a base and add the ability to add medicines to make certain mutations more likely or less likely every randomization.

upgrades to the machine reduce the chemical costs to produce an organ or randomize, and decrease the cooldown time of randomization.

I am blatantly copying parts of Runescape's Invention skill, but hey, if it works, steal it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #332870

virology: organ edition
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #332872

DemonFiren wrote:virology: organ edition
powergame fodder yeah but whatever.
also if something is more op than sciencei take offense automatically.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #332900

AnturK was suggesting replacing virology with something like this. I'm starting to see his point - virology has far more potental as an antag tool/external threat than as a station job, and it'd be nice to see an op/abductor virologist role that prepares viruses to unleash as a weapon.

Organs, unlike viruses, are not infinite once gained, and require surgery to use, meaning that they could be far more powerful than viruses were, allowing for a much greater variety of effects and modifiers.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #332905

XDTM wrote:AnturK was suggesting replacing virology with something like this. I'm starting to see his point - virology has far more potental as an antag tool/external threat than as a station job, and it'd be nice to see an op/abductor virologist role that prepares viruses to unleash as a weapon.

Organs, unlike viruses, are not infinite once gained, and require surgery to use, meaning that they could be far more powerful than viruses were, allowing for a much greater variety of effects and modifiers.
Honestly virus killing is really all that chemistry does, because of how basic the requirements are to cure them unless they go full autismo stealth mode, plop a pandemic machine into chemistry and make viro's improv tweak viruses using chemistry recipes at their disposal. Or remove all beneficial viruses & virus mutation but still allow all the miscalleneous & harmful ones to exist.

> So you'll still die from fungal TB but atleast you're more dedicated to dispersing the vaccine.

The only real work beside 'researching' organs if you're going to be deadly serious is to have them surgically implanted into-onto you in any such body cavity which normally falls onto doctors but they are already spread quite thin.
  • 2/3 slot surgeon role with responsibilities to implant stuff people (geneticists basically medial researchers doing organ stuff & science) give to them?

Spoiler:
FuryMcFlurry

Post by FuryMcFlurry » #334885

Here. some extra organs.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #335071

a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #335073

Hey as long as you're touching organs can you do a thing for me

Make it so you can replace the lungs with just a straight up air/plasma/nitrogen tank

Thank you
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #335075

PKPenguin321 wrote:Hey as long as you're touching organs can you do a thing for me

Make it so you can replace the lungs with just a straight up air/plasma/nitrogen tank

Thank you
that makes no sense medically

but it would let you spit plasma

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #335325

Yoga fire!

Spoiler:
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #378593

how is going?Can I help?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #378596

[youtube]EOQcnliEjXM[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
tacolizard

Re: Organ Research Department : Sprites will be made by myself.

Post by tacolizard » #387772

if you haven't noticed, i kinda fell off the face of the earth for a year so i was hoping XDTM would carry the torch on this
XDTM
Github User

Re: Organ Research Department : Sprites will be made by myself.

Post by XDTM » #387808

I got kinda burnt out but i still have the code i started with, i might start it again now that i've made some framework upgrades to surgery and physiology
a.k.a. Duke Hayka