Additional Limbs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Additional Limbs

Post by AnonymousNow » #332181

Set the limit for extra arms (and arm-like objects) from 2 to 4.

Since we need to switch limbs anyway, this doesn't do much for the layman, which means it won't be imbalanced for general usage - the only thing it does for the most part is give an additional slot in one's inventory per arm, which is still pretty cool. It's also great for people using tools to build things or people performing surgery, since you'd be able to quickly cycle between your hands. And I suppose it'd be helpful for bulky two-handed objects, as well? Maybe attach golem arms and synthesised armblades.

But the main and best use of this would be for people using guns, particularly miners. By what I've encountered, if you have two of the same guns in your hands right now, you'll fire them both when you go to fire one; miners have been using this to marginally speed up their digging and monster fighting for a while, using two PKAs or advanced plasma cutters. With FOUR arms, you could do this even faster, provided that you could get some nutter to find and attach additional arms to you in the first place.

If balance DOES become an issue (probably from security using four disablers at once or something, thinking they're Max from MDK), then maybe tie it to a neck-mounted harness which has to be researched and printed.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Additional Limbs

Post by Armhulen » #332184

What is change_number_of_hands proc

uh but yeah don't do this 3 riot shields and a gun is not fun to play against
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332186

Armhulen wrote:What is change_number_of_hands proc

uh but yeah don't do this 3 riot shields and a gun is not fun to play against
I've seen an increased number of arms in action, so I know that it can be done.

Immediately there's a security-based problem. I'm not surprised. Makes me think that there should be more of a gate to it, then - locking it behind science, making it their thing.

Or, wait. What about engineering? Make it so that harnesses are an engineering thing, limited to bionic limbs.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #332187

*dual wields dual eswords*
*holds three riot shields and tases people*
*QUAD WIELDS DISABLERS* (wew lad)
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332191

BeeSting12 wrote:*dual wields dual eswords*
I don't see this being a problem, since if you're in the difficult position of somehow having two dual energy swords and the arms to use them, then frankly, you deserve them. A traitor on their own doesn't have the telecrystals for them, and nuclear operatives would only be able to get the extra arms by removing them from one of their teammates, which frankly sounds like an awesome gambit.
BeeSting12 wrote:*holds three riot shields and tases people*
It does sound more and more like shitcurity is killing another nice feature for the crew before it gets to exist. Frankly, I only really want it for the mining uses; maybe finding a way to specifically make it difficult for security to get a hold of it would be a good idea.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #332193

AnonymousNow wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:*dual wields dual eswords*
I don't see this being a problem, since if you're in the difficult position of somehow having two dual energy swords and the arms to use them, then frankly, you deserve them. A traitor on their own doesn't have the telecrystals for them, and nuclear operatives would only be able to get the extra arms by removing them from one of their teammates, which frankly sounds like an awesome gambit.
BeeSting12 wrote:*holds three riot shields and tases people*
It does sound more and more like shitcurity is killing another nice feature for the crew before it gets to exist. Frankly, I only really want it for the mining uses; maybe finding a way to specifically make it difficult for security to get a hold of it would be a good idea.
It doesn't have to be security. If an antagonist gets their hands on this it would be the same concept except they have a license to unlimited grief.

edit: If there's something for players to abuse they'll abuse it until it's nerfed or it becomes a dead meme. I can just as easily see a scientist running around with 3 riot shields and an advanced egun as I can a "shitcurity" officer or traitor.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #332194

Miners don't really need or deserve the ability to wear more guns.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #332251

the reason more than 2 arms cant or really shouldnt happen is because riot shields exist
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #332306

Science has shields too...
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #332348

Just fix your block system so shields don't stack or something.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332362

I have a lot of flak to give to security for this one, because historically misuse of guns has been their bread and butter.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #332428

Make it so you only benefit from multishields if you have a shield in every hand.

Don't let the Sundowner dream die.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #332431

anow thinks fighting people with 87.5% block chance and a gun is a fun thing
DireVictory
Byond Username: DireVictory

Post by DireVictory » #332458

shields should be too wide to hold more than one, so we can still be SHIVA
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332464

kevinz000 wrote:anow thinks fighting people with 87.5% block chance and a gun is a fun thing
Alright, so, the shields are the frequently cited thing, and people are now starting to put words in my mouth regarding them. Instant loss of respect, Kev; a shame after the gravity work.

How would we go about rebalancing the shields around this? Diminishing returns?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #332889

I'm fucking invincible!
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #332899

AnonymousNow wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:anow thinks fighting people with 87.5% block chance and a gun is a fun thing
Alright, so, the shields are the frequently cited thing, and people are now starting to put words in my mouth regarding them. Instant loss of respect, Kev; a shame after the gravity work.

How would we go about rebalancing the shields around this? Diminishing returns?
Just have them not work on supplimentary hands (only primary), or argue that the extra arms don't have the dexterity to block because not enough room to swing the
Super Aggro Crag wrote:I'm fucking invincible!

I will search for a smaller shitpost image in the meantime, but look above my horizontal rule line for my actual post.

Spoiler: