blob

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

blob

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #336504

Blob is shit and underpowered and samey. Let's improve it.

-restrict blob to highpop with two cores because that's the only time blob is interesting
-alt suggestion: bring back core splitting to give the move variety
-bring back blobitis. Letting people antag before bursting is good.
-reflective blobs that act like titanium walls with regular blob health. Adds strategy and forced someone to get close but you have to watch it as blob or deploy when being fired at
Yakumo_Chen

Re: blob

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #336507

Also give chem change a pick of three rng chems is shit
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #336513

I think blob chems should be obscured and require analysis or observing its behaviour to determine the chemical it's using,the code's already there, you'd just have to remove the examine text revealing what it's made of.
Re-add the Split Mind power.
Remove player blobbernauts and revert to their pre-player controlled properties. NPC blobbernauts were way better than player blobbernauts, and player blobbernauts completely fail at being the tanks blobbernauts ought to be.
Remove or rebalance certain chemicals, reactive spines are just 'eh'.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #336533

Replace blob with a fat guy that eats people on the station until he explodes into those little fat fucker things from Dr.Who, which they infest machines, doors, air alarms; etc. They begin converting things into blob tiles.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #338873

We need a blob chem that makes it resistant to lasers but weak to brute and burn to counterbalance spines and force the crew to adapt more then 'shoot the blob more'

Fire blob is great because it forces the crew to go get fire extinguishers if they want to actually do decent blob damage and then when blob changes chem again it'll force the crew once again to adapt and sometimes retarded crew will keep on extinguishing it anyway which is immersive and balanced behavior
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #338905

>blobitis

fuck yeah i love when this was a thing

i remember one round i had blobitis as captain and i immediately ran around the station like a madman to set ai to antimov, space the armory, and fuck up the rnd database before just BARELY making it to engi secure storage in time to pop

the salt was goddamned glorious
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #338912

In the mean time:

Just increase blob starting resources so it has a better start.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #338968

We once had a feature where humans would become infected by a blob virus, and were considered antags. This human could pre-sabotage the station before hiding away to burst into a proper blob. It is almost as if removing that was a bad idea...
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #339850

Replace blob with rts stylized version of hand of god
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #339854

Hand of God was unironically the worst mode TG has ever had on both code and gameplay standards
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #339874

ShadowDimentio wrote:Hand of God was unironically the worst mode TG has ever had on both code and gameplay standards
Your worst shitpost so far tbh
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #339892

How would you guys feel if blob was turned into a survival mode rather than a fair fight?

>5 blobs per round
>blobs are super buffed and grow quickly
>goal is not to kill the blob, it's to escape alive on the shuttle
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #339927

pubby wrote:How would you guys feel if blob was turned into a survival mode rather than a fair fight?

>5 blobs per round
no amoutn of buffs will save it if it can't take out rnd and mining for good.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #340002

kevinz000 wrote:
pubby wrote:How would you guys feel if blob was turned into a survival mode rather than a fair fight?

>5 blobs per round
no amoutn of buffs will save it if it can't take out rnd and mining for good.
Uh good luck keeping both cargo and RnD alive with 5 blobs.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #340280

ShadowDimentio wrote:Hand of God was unironically the worst mode TG has ever had on both code and gameplay standards
Delete your account immediately
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #340317

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:
It was utterly nonfunctional, the one time I saw it in a round I rolled God and was incapable of doing anything because I was assigned zero converts at roundstart.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #340329

ShadowDimentio wrote:
ExcessiveJMadison wrote:
It was utterly nonfunctional, the one time I saw it in a round I rolled God and was incapable of doing anything because I was assigned zero converts at roundstart.
Oh that's fair then.

When it worked it was alright lol.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #340363

HoG was nowhere near being finished. It was not even halfway!
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #340412

Gun Hog wrote:HoG was nowhere near being finished. It was not even halfway!
can we have gun HoG where one side gets all energy weapons and the other gets all ballistics and they shoot each other?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #340417

fucking catbeast
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #340609

kevinz000 wrote:
Gun Hog wrote:HoG was nowhere near being finished. It was not even halfway!
can we have gun HoG where one side gets all energy weapons and the other gets all ballistics and they shoot each other?
This is how NT and Syndicates should be but SOMEONE had to botch it up
NoH8OnlyLove
Byond Username: NoH8OnlyLove

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #340612

Delete xray guns/Change how research is done
Blob is now infinitely more challenging
Hitler Security Coming To You Next Sunday. Prepare yourselves
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #340614

it was never finished you dip
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #340905

Blob definitely feels underpowered, and I say this as someone who's been helping to slaughter them recently.

Also, the Blob Wiki page was written by someone with a hateboner for medbay.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
NoH8OnlyLove
Byond Username: NoH8OnlyLove

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #343191

At this point just either remove blob or make R&D harder because here's how blob plays out every single time.
>Station receives blob alert
>Supply and R&D activate turbosperg
>Blob tries to take R&D or Supply
>Crew succeeds in defending these areas more often than not
>Blob gets wiped out in 1-3 minutes because hehe xd 8-tile explosions from a fucking gun and xmemes
Hitler Security Coming To You Next Sunday. Prepare yourselves
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #343194

oranges wrote:
it was never finished you dip
Exactly, and yet it was merged at several points, even though it constantly fluctuated between "literally unplayable" and "half-finished mess". People still insist it's a good mode, which I'll never fucking understand
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz