Barber & haircutting / tailored grooming

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Barber & haircutting / tailored grooming

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #339647

Just another fun service role, because we love our pointless bay relic jobs.

The barber stylises close to all aspects of spacemen's identity that they cannot handle themselves, whether its for the pursuit of vanity or hiding your identity for personal security.
  • Innately the ability to set hairstyles in roundstart & in non-magic mirrors is prohibited if you want a advanced or zany hairstyle different to you own, you need to ask a fellow space-person to be trusted to cut your hair or pour hair growth solution over yourself and hope for the best
  • The function of the barber, is to surgically cut people's hair with the relevant tools and steps once they select, this includes dying the hair, shortening (or lengthening with hair growth solution) in a way that is flexible, with certain hairstyles emergently branching into others, a mini afro is just less dense normal afro cut down to size. Other spacemen can ghetto cut and style people's hair but have less tools and resources than the barber
- Barbers can make a special potion that turns people into cats out of hair dye product mixed with unstable mutation toxin (I feel regretful for ever uttering anything about it)
Barbers also have the unique traitor object of the 'Cindarella Facial Converter ' which when planted onto someone's mask slot for long enough, creates a caste image of their face that can be implanted onto your own, changing your identity. This process hurts and will cause emote screaming & burn damage but otherwise allows you to hide with the ambiguity of a ling, a barber with a particular knack for genetics might back up a clone of themselves so after they've assumed a identity so they can revert back.

OR they could use this machine on a dead body to fake their death, the only give-away being a severe burn to the face

- Barber knives come as standard equipment for barbers and are unique switchblade equipment found in the barber's locker (ideally located nearby dorms, on box the barber shop could be the old theatre, and present theatre pushed further into maint) along with some prefixed supply of color dyes & hair growth solution, do not allow the clown to gain hold of these.

- Barbers have the unique ability to fast-scalp people and fashion wig headpieces that mimic hair worn on the head, for your poor poor balding head.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Re: Barber & haircutting / tailored grooming

Post by calzilla1 » #339657

Neat ideas. The death of human snow flakea. Now to go after lizards vox
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #339675

Barbers also have the unique traitor object of the 'Cindarella Facial Converter'
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #339736

I was expecting that, yes i did do that deliberately because if you're going to be groomed sexual tyrannosaurus fancy spacemen and women with really excellent hair you need good taste in Japanese manga/anime & a good barber for that polnareff high-top
To deconstruct my pitch into its base elements

- A hair 'construction process' that changes the hairs state with a preferable mix between (barber chooses hairstyle A or B) and emergent hairstyles by using the tools, cutting the hair with scissors (yes scissors) will shorten the existing style, and enough scissoring will make them bald, same goes for controlled use of hair clippers. Think of it like surgical aprons & scalpels.

- Hair dye chemicals, either imported specially from cargo or made in chemistry falling into the categories of fake tan etc, hair growth serum, all that good stuff.

- A really cool emote when you suicide with the barber knife, unfortunately inevitably from not getting enough work when the static memes have got their load-out, unless you're like a pie making serial killer traitor or something

Will look forward to the inevitable admin abuse of when admins give out traitor objective to murder anybody who disses your hair using a stand.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #339848

There should be exclusive hairstyles only able to be done by the barber.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #340011

>"just fuck my shit up"