Shitty antag idea: supervirus

A place to record your ideas for the game.
pogoco25
Byond Username: Pogoco25

Shitty antag idea: supervirus

Post by pogoco25 » #341320

This antag concept should be familiar to people who have played epidemic games like plague inc. You play as a sapient virus that can mutate at will. At the start of the game you choose a "paitent 0" from all crew members. This is the first person you infect. From here you will generate "mutation points" for each infected person, and you can spend these mutation points on mutating symptoms, which augment the disease. You will have access to all virology symptoms, but some symptoms are locked behind a set amont of infected people. For example, level 6 viro symptoms may need 12 infected crew members. You will eventually have access to all viro symptoms, but there are sevel unique ones too. For example, if you have infected more than half of the station, you could evolve zombification, which causes the dead infected to come back as zombies. The more sympyoms, however, the more messages hosts get from ythose symptoms (like viro viruses) so aggressively evolving symptoms may reveal you faster. This gamemode puts a greater importance on medbay than any other department, as sec cant shoot a virus. Spacecillen doesnt cure it but it prevents futher infection. The pandemic can find the cure, but it has to take time to analyze the virus and synthesize a cure. The virus can spend mp to scramble itself, setting back the pandemic, as well as make the pandemic analyzation take permanently longer. One the virus has been analyzed, the pandemic can start making cure, which is basically the end for the supervirus, as, if you have a good chemist, you can spread cure everywhere and purge the virus from the station. The virus wins when everyone on the station is dead. At the start the virus can name itself. What are you guys's thoughts? Feel free to ask questions.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Re: Shitty antag idea: supervirus

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #341322

A sentient virus might be interesting as a side antag.

The "kill everyone" win condition isn't great as you'll always have an assistant braindead in maint somewhere prolonging the round forever. It could be something based on total mutation points earned or whatever.

The main problem with this I see is that literially any symptom gives you away. Many people get scanned/lynch the virologist at the first sign of a negative symptom, which woud make stealth nearly impossible.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #341323

I'm working on some further modifications in virus mechanics, that's a nice idea if i can pull it off
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #341328

This actually sounds cool. Unrelated to the idea, but making the PANDEMIC able to manufacture cures would be nice instead of relying on chemistry. Would make more sense for the VIROlogistto cure viruses instead of the chemist
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #341333

The "kill everyone" thing was something I pulled out of my ass but I couldnt think of anything else. Any ideas?
pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #341337

Well, for the symptoms giving you away, I see what you mean, but I had an idea. What if you could "suppress" symptoms, giving them no message, but it costs mp, more so for the severity of the symptom. For example, suppressing sneezing is much easier than supprrssing spontaneous combustion.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #341363

Bad idea it'll just be revolution with bio suits
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #341387

pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #341405

Ah, I figured it has been done before. Thanks for showing me! Also, how would it be lile revs? I just want to know why you think so :)