Asimov changes depending on the majority species

A place to record your ideas for the game.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Asimov changes depending on the majority species

Post by JJRcop » #342481

Simply, at roundstart, the AI gets asimov, except "human" is substituted for the most numerous species at roundstart. This wouldn't change during the round if more of another species come in, only at roundstart. I would not expect this to happen often as most people play humans, but in the rare time there happen to be more.

There are two sides to this:
Keeping the current situation: The round begins with the station mostly populated with lizards, asimov still says human, interesting situation.
Idea is implemented: The round begins with the station mostly populated with plasmamen, asimov now says plasmaman instead of human, interesting situation.
Thus, this idea may not create better roleplay, it will just create different roleplay than would happen otherwise.

Some problems:
This could be accomplished with someone altering the AI's laws mid-round.
AI players likely assume default asimov stays unchanged, and will become ignorant, playing every round as if asimov still says human every time, until they are educated that it may change.
I'm not quite sure, but I've heard the lore™ of NT favoring humans, might conflict with that if it is canon.
I lurk quite often...
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Asimov changes depending on the majority species

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342539

Humans will always be command, its irrelevant because the protocols would be set by centcomm applicably for command to use even if everyone else was literally a lizard/fly/catbeeest

Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #342557

JJRcop wrote:I'm not quite sure, but I've heard the lore™ of NT favoring humans, might conflict with that if it is canon.
yeah nonhumans are canonically limited to the less critical roles, I'm pretty sure there's code that doesn't let you be a head (at roundstart select) if you're nonhuman but i'm speaking entirely out of my ass on that one
Limey wrote:its too late.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #342621

Qbopper wrote:
JJRcop wrote:I'm not quite sure, but I've heard the lore™ of NT favoring humans, might conflict with that if it is canon.
yeah nonhumans are canonically limited to the less critical roles, I'm pretty sure there's code that doesn't let you be a head (at roundstart select) if you're nonhuman but i'm speaking entirely out of my ass on that one
Literally a wiseass, since this is correct. I witnessed it with some recent lizard tinkering.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #342834

looks like i'm just a fuckin god
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342864

Well thanks for literally stopping this non-human mutiny taking place everyone, lets wrap this thread up and go home.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #342866

this has to be one of the worse suggestions i've seen out there
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #343158

Only if the majority race can also be the only ones available for head roles as well so it makes sense with the round's impromptu lore
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #343167

I mean, I get it, and I think it could make for interesting dynamics, but I also think that it deviates too far from the nature of the game.

Definitely make alternate-race Asimov modules possible to make, though.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #343260

they already are possible to make
we call that freeform core

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #343266

When have nonhumans been a majority on the station?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #343392

Humans are the dominant species in this universe, and Nanotrasen is a human megacorporation run by humans. They value their human personnel just enough to put lawsets on their AI systems.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #343398

Ricotez wrote:Humans are the dominant species in this universe
as lizard rights activist
humans are the dominant species in nanotrasen
the game takes place in nanotrasen space
the universe itself is most certainly run by reptilians

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #343411

DemonFiren wrote:they already are possible to make
we call that freeform core
You can do it with the normal Asimov Board, use it inhand to rewrite it from Human
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #343555

the point of the humans thing is not because theres more humans but because of space racism and its probably not going anywhere if no one fucks up
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #343562

Keep sweeping that floor xeno-scum.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #343691

DemonFiren wrote:
Ricotez wrote:Humans are the dominant species in this universe
as lizard rights activist
humans are the dominant species in nanotrasen
the game takes place in nanotrasen space
the universe itself is most certainly run by reptilians
Lies
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?