Antag Concept - Precursors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Y0SH1M4S73R
Byond Username: Y0SH1_M4S73R
Github Username: Y0SH1M4S73R

Antag Concept - Precursors

Post by Y0SH1M4S73R » #349596

I've had this idea for a solo antag since before my one-and-a-half-year ban-induced hiatus. SS13 is already a mish-mosh of sci-fi tropes, so why not add another to the mix in the form of a long-dormant precursor civilization.

FLUFF:
Spoiler:
The universe is billions of years old. Given how much time there has been for life to appear and develop across the universe, there should have been a number of civilizations that have come and gone. Clearly there are spacefaring civilizations like the Vox, but the are about as developed as humanity is, and have not really been active in the sectors of Nanotrasen space we're familiar with. The Abductors are also more advanced than humans, but their technology isn't too advanced to reverse-engineer. What is being asked here is whether or not there is an active spacefaring civilization predating humanity by a very long time. Well there is.

The [REDACTED] are an ultra-advanced civilization predating modern spacefaring civilizations such as humanity by millennia. Even though their development has stagnated for thousands of years, their technology is still hundreds, if not thousands of years beyond humanity. But nobody knows this. With how splintered [REDACTED] civilization has become, there is only trace archaeological evidence of their existence.
GAMEPLAY:
Spoiler:
Precursors (as a species) are a subtype of lizards. The most striking indication of a precursor is the presence of an extra pair of tiny arms. While they can't be used to manipulate normal items, certain Precursor-specific items require these tiny arms to be used properly. These tiny arms are hidden and unusable whenever you wear something that conceals your chest. It is possible to become a Precursor through unstable mutation toxin or magic mirrors, but unless you are the specific Precursor antag, being a Precursor makes you a snowflakey ligger.

Precursor antags are called Precursor Agents, heretofore referred to as just Agents. Agents spawn in a group (when spawned at roundstart) or alone (when spawned midround) in a Precursor shuttlepod on the Centcom z-level. This shuttlepod contains a cockpit, a dorm room, a teleportation and equipment room, and a brig. The outside of the shuttlepod is indestructible, but most of the equipment inside the shuttlepod can be destroyed by an explosion from within, leaving the shuttlepod a ruined husk. Agents are not required to cooperate, but are forbidden from backstabbing each other.

When an Agent spawns on the shuttlepod, they are given the option to randomly generate a character or load a character from their prefs. Picking a non-lizard character from your prefs uses your DNA for that character, albeit turned into a lizard. Picking a lizard character makes you that exact lizard, except with the extra arms. Once you've chosen your appearance, you choose your name. You are encouraged to input a sufficiently lizard-like name.

Once your appearance and name are finalized, you have time to equip yourself. You equip yourself by ordering items with a limited set of equipment points. A sampling of the different items you can order are listed in the Items section. Once you're equipped, you have two options for getting onto the station. You can pilot the shuttlepod onto the station z-level using the nagivation console in the cockpit, or you can use the teleporter in the teleport/equipment room for a stealthy approach.

In the teleport/equipment room, you can find a selection of basic equipment such as toolkits, single-use hand-teles, and single-use shuttlepod callers. The hand-teles will teleport you or others to the shuttlepod, while the shuttlepod callers function like the shuttlepod's navigation console. Also in the equipment room is a wardrobe pod that lets you spawn the full outfits of any non-security job that a lizard can take, complete with an ID and PDA to match (no slippery PDAs for choosing the Clown, though). The teleporter will take you to the arrivals shuttle, forcing the announcement system to announce your arrival so that you are as inconspicuous as possible. The teleporter won't let you teleport without a hand-tele or shuttlepod caller in your posession, just so you won't be trapped.

Agents can get the full gamut of traitor objectives or an objective to "Capture X crew members". A crew member is considered captured if they are alive in the shuttlepod's brig at the end of the round. Because captured crew members must be alive, you can't use the suicide verb in the shuttlepod, and advanced medbeam turrets in the brig rapidly heal any brute, burn, toxin, oxyloss, or cloneloss. Ghosting is just fine if you're sick of being a prisoner. Any non-Agents teleported to the shuttlepod will be teleported to the brig, so make sure they don't bring anything powerful enough to kill themselves or other prisoners with. Being in the shuttlepod counts as escaping on the shuttle or an escape pod, but counts as being in custody if you're in the brig and not an Agent.
ITEMS:
Spoiler:
  • Telescopic Energy Spear: An esword and a spear combined into one. Deals as much damage as a sharpened regular spear when deployed, and fits in your pocket when not deployed.
  • Hardlight Greatbow: A self-charging energy crossbow-like weapon that fires a hardlight arrow that deals 30 brute and 30 burn. The Precursor equivalent of the .357, but too large to fit in backpacks.
  • Valkyrie Armor: A lightweight armor vest with controls for an attachable accessory. You need Precursor vestigial arms to use the accessory you attach.
  • Jotun Armor: A heavyweight hardsuit with controls for an attachable accessory. You need Precursor vestigial arms to use the accessory you attach.
  • Hardlight Wing Modules: An accessory for Valkyrie and Jotun armor that allows the wearer to fly with hardlight wings.
  • Energy Barrier Module: An accessory for Valkyrie and Jotun armor that allows the wearer to deploy an impenetrable energy barrier in front of them. The barrier is always located on the tile in front of you in the direction you're facing. Nothing can pass through the barrier, not even your own projectiles. Objects the barrier moves onto are unaffected.
  • Mechanical Manipulator Modules: An accessory for Valkyrie and Jotun armor that gives the wearer two extra arms.
If you have any suggestions of items that could be added, feel free to let me know.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Antag Concept - Precursors

Post by bman » #349600

>new race
>subtype of lizards
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #349602

bman wrote:>new race
>subtype of lizards
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #349603

Durkel wrote:
>subtype of lizards
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
naltronix
Byond Username: Naltronix

Post by naltronix » #349606

DemonFiren wrote:
Durkel wrote:
>subtype of lizards
I play as Asia Maclagan on Bagil, I dont play on Sybil often.

memes lie unseen down in ze spoiler
Spoiler:
god i do love diving into the fourms and finding gems like this
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #349607

this sounds neat
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #349613

Im hijacking this thread
New antag: The Pre-Precurcors
Concept
Spoiler:
Before there was lizards there was OOGA.
Clad in goliath pelt tunics and hand made watcher jewelry, these hunks of hominoid are the first race that has evolved to sentience in the universe.
Race
Spoiler:
Big cavemen who wont take any of your "technology advanced" bullshit. Tazers and disablers do nothing to them. They have a 50 defence to brute and burn. They move slightly slower than rhe average hummie though.
Gameplay
Spoiler:
The more extreme version ass-walkers. Their main weapon is a big fuck off club. If aimed at the head will have a 50% chance to KO if youre male and 75%
If youre female. If they hit a machine with it it will activate a random button. They can also use spears which, when thrown, will have a 100% chance to imbed. They van weild a plant with one hand.
Objective
Spoiler:
Simple, get dose skinnies off your new metal space cave.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #349617

I wanted to add space cyclopes that sit on asteroids and throw rocks at you
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #349619

i like calzillas idea better actually
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #349622

There's a lot of obnoxious meme responses, but they have a point - currently there's this strange mindset within the community that it's just fine to wreck a lizard player's round at the drop of a hat, and they don't need an excuse.

If you make an antagonist type that look like lizards with extra arms hidden away under their clothing, these people will take any non-excuse to strip every lizard player they see, forever.

Also, we already have two lizard variants with ashwalkers, who have digitigrade legs.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #349623

i mean if they were dragons instead
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Y0SH1M4S73R
Byond Username: Y0SH1_M4S73R
Github Username: Y0SH1M4S73R

Post by Y0SH1M4S73R » #349823

Well, sometimes the ideas you come up with are stinkers in some aspect or another. I'm locking this thread and focusing my work on my Celestial Fellowship gamemode.