Giving AI things to do

A place to record your ideas for the game.
pogoco25
Byond Username: Pogoco25

Giving AI things to do

Post by pogoco25 » #358800

I saw a thread about it somewhere but its somewhere in fourm hell so idk lets try again. the AI is either everyone's mom or a glorified observer, and personally I have more fun when I have things to do. Sure the AI could pan around looking for suspicious behavior but that's called being a validhunter and that's no fun for anyone. So, something that is fun/productive to do for the AI when everything is normal. I was considering something involving the criminally underused consoles, but im not sure what. (We should make consoles more useful in general, but that is besides the point) any ideas? It should ideally be productive
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Giving AI things to do

Post by cedarbridge » #358811

The AI's primary job is to literally be the station. You should be scanning for 1) Human harm under your default laws , 2) Harm to the station as against yourself. You're meant to assist the station's primary goal of being a plasma research station.

1 isn't validhunting unless you're actively sending borgs through maint to sweep for antags or something.
2 is your perogative as the station's AI. You don't have a specific obligation to protect anything particular on the station without a special law for it, but you certainly can assist with repairs.
pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #358816

I see. Thanks!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #358825

Get science to build you AI shells or an AI-enabled mech to futz around in. Lose all of cargo's money on the stock market. Do R&D when tech webs get merged. Play arcade games for the crew to play with the prizes.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #358826

Anonmare wrote:Get science to build you AI shells or an AI-enabled mech to futz around in. Lose all of cargo's money on the stock market. Do R&D when tech webs get merged. Play arcade games for the crew to play with the prizes.
I didn't think AIs had arcade machine access. I figured they were like vendors that specifically denied AI/borgs.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #358830

cedarbridge wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Get science to build you AI shells or an AI-enabled mech to futz around in. Lose all of cargo's money on the stock market. Do R&D when tech webs get merged. Play arcade games for the crew to play with the prizes.
I didn't think AIs had arcade machine access. I figured they were like vendors that specifically denied AI/borgs.
Vending machines don't refuse AI access anymore, cause that was a dumb feature tbh.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #358832

Someone yell at me to finish my ai hardlight hologram project in a week.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #358860

if you have some suggestions for things AIs can do, feel free to share. I wouldn't mind coding it (so AIs are more distracted and don't notice me breaking into places)
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #358862

Hardlight AI holograms for AI bootycall ERP. Yell at Kev to code it
pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #358867

Im down for holo erp kevin get on it
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #358890

Add an AI interface component for circuits! The AI has a "Botcall" (My name for it) interface that it uses to direct securitron/clean/floor/medical bots around and change the settings. The AI interface could add the assembly to the Botcall interface. The inputs for the component could be the controlling AI's ref and clicked atom. It could pulse when an AI sends a command, and could maybe be used to send the AI messages or sound spam via EPv2! :honk: Perhaps it could allow the AI to fiddle with the internals using its internal multi-tool (when clicking the assembly directly, rather than through Botcall)? A human tosses a bunch of stuff + an AI interface into an assembly, and lets the AI set it up for him!
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #358903

Anonmare wrote: Play arcade games for the crew to play with the prizes.
Do not play emaged arcade games though, unless your really bored.