A chair based conversion event that doesn't end the round.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

A chair based conversion event that doesn't end the round.

Post by scrubs2009 » #359893

Thought of this in discord. I like the idea of a conversion event that doesn't destroy the station and can occur at the same time as other antags. Instead of having a big round ending event when everyone is converted the station will still function but now work towards a new goal.

Take some object. I think it would be funny for to be something inconspicuous but if not that's fine. Lets say the object is chairs.

A mid round event could occur where a random crewmember gets the ability to build special chairs that generate points. These points can be used to buy chair themed gear like chair armor that grants buffs when near chairs or chair themes chair cushions to increase the points of individual chairs. The player could also build chairs that can convert other people into chair builders.
Special chairs that add more points or buffs could be built but they would require resources like tech from science, mats from R&D, and plants from botany. This would encourage players to keep doing their jobs and keep the station functioning. There is no end game. People who were already antags keep their goals but also want to build chairs.

The idea is to add a conversion mode (not really a mode since it would be a midgame event) that doesn't get people killed or end the round. Like i said earlier, people would do their jobs for a new purpose. Miners get mats for fancier chairs, R&D researches technology for more efficient chair making, the Chaplin preaches about the glory of chairs, etc. Perhaps make it bypass the cap's loyalty implant so they don't need to be killed either.

This may be a shit idea. I don't know. Let me know what you think.
Thanks, Kev.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: A chair based conversion event that doesn't end the roun

Post by DemonFiren » #359895

So basically what abductee was meant to be but with conversion.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #359899

yeah abductee was a cool idea because it gave you "objectives" that were just ways to try and make things interesting, but I don't know if this idea would work out that way

to continue your analogy we'd probably have people forever misunderstanding the concept and murdering people who aren't converted to the chair builders because that's how it is in other conversion modes
Limey wrote:its too late.
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #359906

DemonFiren wrote:So basically what abductee was meant to be but with conversion.
Well the problem with abductors is twofold. Firstly they usually get robusted before they can give many people goals. Second, the goals people get incentivise them to stop doing their job. If a crewmember gets a goal like "Eat all of the bugs on the station" they're going to stop doing their job to go eat bugs. If enough people get abductors roles than the station will stop functioning.
Thanks, Kev.