Make unarmed attacks do stamina damage instead of brute

A place to record your ideas for the game.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Make unarmed attacks do stamina damage instead of brute

Post by cedarbridge » #360494

I need to be told why this is a bad idea. It feels like we approached this idea some time back as part of a larger discussion about combat overhauls and I don't remember ever being convinced one way or the other but looking at it on my own the concept is good.

1) Can knock somebody out without killing them.
2) Makes finding and acquiring weaponry (toolboxes) mean something that is not currently needed due to everyone on station having Mike Tyson fists.
3) Stamina recoups without need for actual medical attention meaning minor scuffles over minor issues between greyshirst don't have to end with one dragging the other to medbay before the loser bleeds out.

I get that stamina in its current form is kinda lame but I don't see a problem with making unarmed combat use it over lethal brute damage.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Make unarmed attacks do stamina damage instead of brute

Post by Saegrimr » #360498

People are gonna whine about MUH CHAIN STUNS when you have one dude just constantly kicking a guy who is down until backup arrives or he finds a toolbox.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #360500

Saegrimr wrote:People are gonna whine about MUH CHAIN STUNS when you have one dude just constantly kicking a guy who is down until backup arrives or he finds a toolbox.
As opposed to now just beating somebody into crit/on into death sufficies for the same issues. The alternative is that merely stunning somebody with stamina damage isn't lethal. We could revisit stamina damage decay/recovery if it turns into "well, I punched him enough to knock him down so now I can go have a sandwich while I look for a real weapon" but I don't think stamina damage is really at that extreme right now. Disablers are kinda? balanced as they are. Naturally those are limited uses as opposed to unlimited fists, but the principal is roughly the same.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #360504

Worth a test merge at least. It just comes down to the question of is smacking a guy into critical any worse/better than smacking a guy into a stun?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #360506

cedarbridge wrote:1) Can knock somebody out without killing them.
2) Makes finding and acquiring weaponry (toolboxes) mean something that is not currently needed due to everyone on station having Mike Tyson fists.
3) Stamina recoups without need for actual medical attention meaning minor scuffles over minor issues between greyshirst don't have to end with one dragging the other to medbay before the loser bleeds out.
1: When has this ever been an issue? If someone is being such a douche you have to knock them out, they deserve the trip to medbay, if that.
2: Are you retarded? Your fists are a literal last resort, nobody without a deathwish will try and punch anyone unless they're also unarmed.
3: See 1. If you had to beat someone into crit, they probably deserved it.

Giving everyone disablers for fists is a fucking awful idea. Being literally unarmed should not be a desirable state under any circumstances.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #360508

ShadowDimentio wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:1) Can knock somebody out without killing them.
1: When has this ever been an issue? If someone is being such a douche you have to knock them out, they deserve the trip to medbay, if that.
2: Are you retarded? Your fists are a literal last resort, nobody without a deathwish will try and punch anyone unless they're also unarmed.
3: See 1. If you had to beat someone into crit, they probably deserved it.
1) Presuming the only reason people fight is because the victim was "being such a douche" says more about yourself than anything we're discussing here.
2) I made this thread expecting you to convince me that the idea is bad, not to make yourself look bad. There's no reason for anyone to use a toolbox when their fists are nominally as good, QED.
3) See 1. Your argument presumes one party is an asshole and that all combat must be done for the purpose of out-assholing the asshole.

What makes having disablers for fists more desirable than having brute damage lethal weapons for fists, exactly? Did you think this through at all or is your knee just jerking?
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #360510

Well, the removal of disarming in its conventional sense or being pushed down being a total death sentence is nice, but I think we should still keep weapon disarming around if it can only be used on guns. This makes them risky to use in melee combat, and could give someone the edge if they can knock it out of your hand and pick it up to use against you.

However, I'm also concerned about being able to permanently deal stamina damage to people and keep them chainstunned forever. I think I'd like to perhaps see stamina damage reset to 0 (and be unable to take more until you get back up) be implemented in general so you can't just keep someone down permanently.

As to how much stamina damage this should do, I'm not sure. Maybe 15-20? It can be tweaked over time.

Oh, and while you're at it, please remove the ability to weaken people with your punches, and make their damage output a consistent 4 brute or something so you actually have incentive to seek out any sort of real weapon and they're really just last resort. It's nice enough at least that you can no longer stunlock someone with weakening punches nowadays, but randomly gaining stun hands is pretty stupid.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #360511

What if you know martial artz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #360512

Super Aggro Crag wrote:What if you know martial artz
The scroll counts as registering your fists as lethal weapons. Just like all of the cheesy kung fu flicks.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #360514

>cant kill people with bare hands
i hate it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #360517

cedarbridge wrote:1) Presuming the only reason people fight is because the victim was "being such a douche" says more about yourself than anything we're discussing here.
2) I made this thread expecting you to convince me that the idea is bad, not to make yourself look bad. There's no reason for anyone to use a toolbox when their fists are nominally as good, QED.
3) See 1. Your argument presumes one party is an asshole and that all combat must be done for the purpose of out-assholing the asshole.
1: That IS all combat ever is. Unless someone's being a dick there's rarely ever reason to attack them, this is true for real life and SS13.
2: Are you retarded? Your fists deal 0-9 damage with a 4 second stun on a 9. There's nothing punching someone can do that can't be done better with a real weapon.
3: See 1
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #360532

Consider using the system TES 4: Oblivion used and have punching do stamina damage until knockout, and then do only lethal damage.

This will make beating a motherfucker to death with your bare god damned hands still possible and make chain stunning people a bit harder as you no longer do stamina damage while a person is down. If fist damage is lower than stamina regen at least.
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #360534

Dr_bee wrote:Consider using the system TES 4: Oblivion used and have punching do stamina damage until knockout, and then do only lethal damage.

This will make beating a motherfucker to death with your bare god damned hands still possible and make chain stunning people a bit harder as you no longer do stamina damage while a person is down. If fist damage is lower than stamina regen at least.
That was Morrowind's system. Oblivion did both stamina and health damage at the same time.

But still, seconding this. Make punching deal mostly stamina damage (Plus a smallish chance of 1-2 brute to bruise them up a little and trigger the borgs), while kicking them while they're down should solely dish out a larger amount of brute, nothing better than a toolbox, but enough that a few guys kicking someone should put them into critical fairly quick.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #360719

PKPenguin321 wrote:>cant kill people with bare hands
i hate it
What is choking
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #360755

captain sawrge wrote:
i hate it
What is choking
Nerfed into oblivion last I checked.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #360763

Dr_bee wrote:Consider using the system TES 4: Oblivion used and have punching do stamina damage until knockout, and then do only lethal damage.

There's something similar in the way WoD tabletop handles damage

There are three types of damage - bashing (represented by line), lethal (represented by plus) and aggravated (represented by star) and your health is a series of boxes
bashing wears off reasonably fast and is dealt by fists, lethal takes longer and aggravated is super severe injuries that require actual medical treatment

If all your boxes are filled (or more accurately, the last one) by any type of damage you're KO'd
if you take further bashing damage with all boxes filled then instead of adding an extra line you upgrade one of the bashing damage boxes to lethal
if all boxes are filled with lethal then both lethal and bashing upgrade them to aggravated, and they also upgrade over time (similar to being in crit)
if all boxes are filled with agg then you're deaderino
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #360768

Screemonster wrote:

There's something similar in the way WoD tabletop handles damage

There are three types of damage - bashing (represented by line), lethal (represented by plus) and aggravated (represented by star) and your health is a series of boxes
bashing wears off reasonably fast and is dealt by fists, lethal takes longer and aggravated is super severe injuries that require actual medical treatment

If all your boxes are filled (or more accurately, the last one) by any type of damage you're KO'd
if you take further bashing damage with all boxes filled then instead of adding an extra line you upgrade one of the bashing damage boxes to lethal
if all boxes are filled with lethal then both lethal and bashing upgrade them to aggravated, and they also upgrade over time (similar to being in crit)
if all boxes are filled with agg then you're deaderino
Did that change? I could have sworn only supernatural characters survived full lethal. Aggravated was just injuries that were either 1) hard to heal (burns and rending attacks) or 2) Particularly lethal to your type (vampire weaknesses etc)
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #360790

cedarbridge wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
i hate it
What is choking
Nerfed into oblivion last I checked.
Still good
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #360795

as long as krav/cqc/carp are still lethal
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #360798

SpaceInaba wrote:as long as krav/cqc/carp are still lethal
well it would make sense, considering those are actual martial arts designed to murder folks and not two dorks flailing around untrained.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #361825

i hate it
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #361832

when are we bringing back ultra rng headshot KOs
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #361840

Nilons wrote:
i hate it
Guess you should acquire a martial art or some means of increasing your strength. Might be interesting to consider the workout machines for a temporary buff that makes attacks lethal.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #361843

cedarbridge wrote:
Nilons wrote:
i hate it
Guess you should acquire a martial art or some means of increasing your strength. Might be interesting to consider the workout machines for a temporary buff that makes attacks lethal.
G E T S W O L E
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #361844

cedarbridge wrote:
Nilons wrote:
i hate it
just choke lmao
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #361845

If you get a stamina knockdown on someone you can very easily begin choking them and once you begin it is fairly difficult to get out
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #361846

Unless choking was specifically nerfed in like the last two months because I killed Alphonso in tdom with punches and choking
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #361862

cedarbridge wrote:I need to be told why this is a bad idea. It feels like we approached this idea some time back as part of a larger discussion about combat overhauls and I don't remember ever being convinced one way or the other but looking at it on my own the concept is good.

I get that stamina in its current form is kinda lame but I don't see a problem with making unarmed combat use it over lethal brute damage.

Because if i punched you in the face you wouldn't just feel slightly exausted
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #361863

John_Oxford wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:I need to be told why this is a bad idea. It feels like we approached this idea some time back as part of a larger discussion about combat overhauls and I don't remember ever being convinced one way or the other but looking at it on my own the concept is good.

Space station 13 is not real life Oxford
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #361872

Nilons wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:

Space station 13 is not real life Oxford
The comparison doesn't work anyway. Unless you're particularly strong, 10 punches would not put an average person into a dying state but it would certainly knock them out and 1-2 good ones would stagger them. As is now, the average spessman is Mike Tyson.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #361893

yeah but a .357 bullet to the head would kill/instantly disable and leave dying any human being, rather than being a two-shot to leave knocked out on a naked man. and a giant combat mech that can rip apart metal walls with its bare hands would do more than knock you over and make your chest badly bruised when it punched you.

Oh and gunshot wounds wouldnt be fixed by just sticking a bruise patch on it.

Don't get into the "realism" argument when it comes to the incredible resilience of spacemen
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #361964

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:yeah but a .357 bullet to the head would kill/instantly disable and leave dying any human being, rather than being a two-shot to leave knocked out on a naked man. and a giant combat mech that can rip apart metal walls with its bare hands would do more than knock you over and make your chest badly bruised when it punched you.

Oh and gunshot wounds wouldnt be fixed by just sticking a bruise patch on it.

Don't get into the "realism" argument when it comes to the incredible resilience of spacemen
Following that trend of lack of realism, why should unarmed attacks be realistic and nothing else.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

PantherPusher
Byond Username: PantherPusher

Post by PantherPusher » #362069

What if extended punching without any sort of protection to your hands starts to make you do less per hit until eventually you're just cutting up your knuckles and take brute damage on your arms?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #362133

PantherPusher wrote:What if extended punching without any sort of protection to your hands starts to make you do less per hit until eventually you're just cutting up your knuckles and take brute damage on your arms?
Too counter intuitive. Would make more sense if you made punching borgs or heavily armored things hurt your hands instead.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #362136

The more I think on it, the more i'm in favor of unarmed doing stamina. Even if you could be stunlocked from stamina, the alternative is being in crit/dead.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #362144

Why should being unarmed in any way be a desirable state

Why are you chucklefucks so convinced that punching is in any way good, it's not. Fists are beaten out by literally any weapon that deals damage.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #362146

ShadowDimentio wrote:Why should being unarmed in any way be a desirable state

Why are you chucklefucks so convinced that punching is in any way good, it's not. Fists are beaten out by literally any weapon that deals damage.
Its funny that he keeps posting like this thinking it convinces anyone of anything.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #362147

It shouldn't be, that's why it should do stamina. Grab literally anything else if you want to clonk a guy to death.
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #362149

18 different people have posted in this thread
several of which have posted more than once.

let's say your using the "muh realism" argument
>stamina damage being done with fists is unrealistic
let's say your using the "muh gameplay" argument
>nothing else in the game does ONLY stamina damage instead of actual damage short of disablers and the detectives revolver, along with beanbags. all items -meant- to stun someone

stop, this thread is bad.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #362150

John_Oxford wrote:Because if i punched you in the face you wouldn't just feel slightly exausted
You were the first person in this thread to bring up realism.

We're trying to discuss balance and what would be fun.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #362152

Saegrimr wrote:
It shouldn't be, that's why it should do stamina. Grab literally anything else if you want to clonk a guy to death.
Nobody does this and it's not like this is making anything any less lethal, after you punch this dude enough with your disablers for fists he'll be hit with the century long stamina stun during which you have like a minute to grab ~any weapon~ and finish him off, or just strangle him if you want to do it clean.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #362155

John_Oxford wrote:let's say your using the "muh realism" argument
>stamina damage being done with fists is unrealistic
No its not. The odds of you beating somebody into a critical state with your bare knuckles is stupidly low unless you're Mike Tyson. You're much more likely to knock somebody out from standing than literally put them into a hospital bed.

let's say your using the "muh gameplay" argument
>nothing else in the game does ONLY stamina damage instead of actual damage short of disablers and the detectives revolver, along with beanbags. all items -meant- to stun someone
Where's the argument in this section?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #362156

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
Nobody does this and it's not like this is making anything any less lethal, after you punch this dude enough with your disablers for fists he'll be hit with the century long stamina stun during which you have like a minute to grab ~any weapon~ and finish him off, or just strangle him if you want to do it clean.
Now, what if stamina were a variable coded into the structure of the game? What if we could adjust those values and adjust their decay rates? Wouldn't that be wacky?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #362157

Or we could just not do this and save everyone the effort

I've yet to see any compelling reasons to add this, just a whole lot of overplaying the effectiveness of punching in-game and a bunch of underplaying the lethality of punching someone IRL. You don't have to be a heavyweight champion to punch and kick someone to death.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #362160

ShadowDimentio wrote:I've yet to see any compelling reasons
Given that your criteria for what qualifies as a "compelling reason" will change with the wind I fail to see why that matters here.
ShadowDimentio wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
Nobody does this and it's not like this is making anything any less lethal
I'm confused. How many self-contradicting posts are you going to make in this thread before you stop?

"Hey, if they want to kill somebody they should get an actual weapon or choke them."
"Nobody does that (because they don't have to). Besides, people will just get a weapon and kill them with it or choke them."
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #362167

cedarbridge wrote:"Hey, if they want to kill somebody they should get an actual weapon or choke them."
"Nobody does that (because they don't have to). Besides, people will just get a weapon and kill them with it or choke them."
Nobody does this as in nobody actually fights people with their fists

But please, continue running around saying they do.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #362175

ShadowDimentio wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:"Hey, if they want to kill somebody they should get an actual weapon or choke them."
Nobody does this as in nobody actually fights people with their fists

But please, continue running around saying they do.
You are extremely retarded and should not be aloud to post.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #362202

This is the best alternative to the whole infinite crit stuff kor wanted. Now there’s a nonlethal way to end an escalation sequence that doesn’t require you to wear red.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PantherPusher
Byond Username: PantherPusher

Post by PantherPusher » #362258

The most often time you'd be fighting with your fists is in self defense while not an antag, being able to knock someone unconcious without critting them and run to find help or to hide would be nice.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #362302

The only real reason I see that is against all this again seems to be over LEGACY and the fact there isn't more prominent stamina-damaging things. Which is because whenever its been tried, this happens, and the only thing we get for some reason are disabler shots.

As for not fighting with their fists? Play the fucking game sometime, you see greys and others wrestling routinely with tabling and throwing/juggling chairs.

Would a compromise help, maybe have the fists do stamina/brute both, much like many of the syndicate bullets? I don't know what they do right now, lets just say its... 5 brute, straight, per punch. Make that 2 brute, 2-4 stamina. Meaning if you're punching an officer in the chest, he's likely just toughing out your actual damage but you Are tiring him out with the stamina by physically hitting him. Aiming for his legs/arms/head will make more difference, because then things like Jackboots might do the same and prevent some of the brute, while the helmets will obviously do what its intended to do like the vest and tank the brute for the most part and maybe even the stamina. You Are punching a big metal helmet, should actually be one of those things that harms you.