Mass construction using blueprints.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Mass construction using blueprints.

Post by Lumbermancer » #368398

This is my idea from other thread.
Lumbermancer wrote:Or make blueprints open separate camera view, like slime machine has, where you can plan everything by laying down pipes, walls, wires and stuff. Then upon exiting you would see outlines of stuff you placed, and slapping your tools against them would finish the construction, if you have materials in your backpack of course.

copyright alright

And Fortune Ray said it's a good idea, and that's all validation that could I ever need. All my good ideas get implemented, so do it. I'd play CE more. Imagine constructing meme engines and repairing bomb damage instead calling shuttle.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Re: Mass construction using blueprints.

Post by bman » #368412

what if you can do the outline thing with any sheet of blueprint paper after you've (drawn) the design on it. you could even perhaps add blueprints to the library console and then print them at later dates.

maybe even make this an "architect" job who can take sheets of construction paper, use them (which puts him in camera view in a blue "blank paper" world to slap the imaginary outlines on then when he exists this view he'll have designed the building/schematic
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #368469

Seems like a blueprint overlay would be neat to have with engineering scanner goggles, it would be nice to see how that station was supposed to look when making repairs, so you can see what is missing.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #368523

I like this idea.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #368596

Doesnt goon have this?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #368615

calzilla1 wrote:Doesnt goon have this?
They have a machine that can build pre-built rooms from a blueprint yeah. You can copy a room to a blueprint and build it over and over with the machine but it is rarely used and the blueprints dont actually carry over rounds.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #369281

This is a good idea, and it should be added.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag