Drone Rating Board

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Mototroller
Byond Username: Mototroller

Drone Rating Board

Post by Mototroller » #369966

I really enjoy playing a drone and fixing stuff. But what about rewards for being a good drone? The Drone Rating Board would be something like the newscaster, a screen on the walls where the list of all drones with a picture of them is shown, and they can be rated from 1 to 5 stars. Can't be used by drones, naturally. If a drone gets, say, 5 five-star ratings or 10 four-star ratings in one round, they would receive rewards like:

All higher-level rewards accompany lower-level rewards, except in cases when they're objectively better.

First round: A message: "Keep the good behavior up!"

Second round: An industrial welder instead of a regular one.

3: 50 sheets of metal.

4: 50 sheets of glass.

5: 50 rods.

6: An Experimental Welder instead of an industrial one.

7. A bag of holding to store all the rewards and more stuff.

8: A hand drill.

Continue if you want.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Drone Rating Board

Post by BeeSting12 » #369971

Round to round persistent things that actually offer an advantage are a bad idea.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Mototroller

Post by Mototroller » #369972

BeeSting12 wrote:Round to round persistent things that actually offer an advantage are a bad idea.
Well, should I lock this thread now?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #369973

I mean it's not such a bad idea if you keep it all current round. Make it a choice: Merit or demerit. Merit gives the drone a point, five demerits blows the drone automatically. The drone can spend the points for the rewards you mentioned, minus the BoH. All the advanced tools should be in there plus stacks of 50 of basic materials- Glass, rods, reinforced glass, metal, and plasteel. (Plasteel is a lot more expensive.) Maybe an RPD, RPED, and RCD.

Only issues with it now is that drones would get a lot more salty if they're killed and there's the possibility noone will use it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Mototroller

Post by Mototroller » #369974

Pretty sure everyone anticipated that engravings would never be used by anyone. Cut to engravings plastered everywhere.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #369993

One word.

Hats.

Drones are all about the hats, having good drones spawn with special hats and bad drones spawn with dunce caps or something. It would make for a neat persistent reward that doesnt effect the round, but it does give you an idea of who the nice drones and who the shit drones are.

If you make actual item rewards for good behavior I suggest they be something decorative for the station that are hard to get, such as black carpet, or minor station upgrades like high traction tiles, nothing like metal or glass that can be used for gameplay purposes like filling autolathes and such.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #369998

But do you remember the skin colours and effects? Do you remember the shitstorm?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Mototroller

Post by Mototroller » #370008

Lumbermancer wrote:But do you remember the skin colours and effects? Do you remember the shitstorm?
I joined this year.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #370024

Someone had an idea to give players custom skin effects for successfully evacuating from the station. And it all became about getting the skins, and people got upset when they died, and the general experience went to fuck.

So considering drones are not meant to interact with humans in any way, you want to create systems rewarding sucking up to humans and indirectly assisting them.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Mototroller

Post by Mototroller » #370025

Yeah... Bee's idea is better, though.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #370027

A good drone is an unnoticed drone. Unnoticed drones don't get credit, noticed drones tend to get blown.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #370084

Lumbermancer wrote:Someone had an idea to give players custom skin effects for successfully evacuating from the station. And it all became about getting the skins, and people got upset when they died, and the general experience went to fuck.
It was beards.
I lurk quite often...
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #370087

Beard skins.
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #370511

Screemonster wrote:A good drone is an unnoticed drone. Unnoticed drones don't get credit, noticed drones tend to get blown.
When I play as drones, and I see humans, I don't tend to avoid them, I act as if they aren't there and continue my business. Often I get blown up though. So I fear humans.
There should be an incentive to stay out of sight, and still aid the station. Hats are cool.
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #371556

There are only 2 people who care about drones

Those that hate drones
Those that play drones

Neither of which you’d want to give this system to
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #371560

I read that as "drone roasting board" and I think it would be a worthwhile addition.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #371615

Cobby wrote:There are only 2 people who care about drones

Those that hate drones
Those that play drones

Neither of which you’d want to give this system to
But HATS tho.