Enlarge your round

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Enlarge your round

Post by Selea » #373222

Many features can't be properly used because of short rounds.How can we adjust game to make rounds longer?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Enlarge your round

Post by Lumbermancer » #373233

Remove all bombs.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #373234

Goodboy points for repairing the station rather than calling the shuttle which can be redeemed for antag tokens. This applies to security too.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #373245

Cull half the playerbase and revert several months of """quality of life""" features.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #373246

I do not feel that re-balancing all our content to achieve the goal of longer rounds is really worth pursuing.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #373247

You don't have to rebalance anything. You just need to remove explosives. Structural damage of the station is the reason of 80% of early shuttle calls, and I have data to back this up.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #373250

DemonFiren wrote:revert several months of """quality of life""" features.
This but unironically.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #373252

DemonFiren wrote:Cull half the playerbase
This but unironically
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #373256

Removing quality of life shit because autists dont like having things not be repetitive grind is dumb
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #373257

You could try to add more station goals that are really hard to make/do but make the rewards really OP/fun. It would give people incentive to stay and try for it.

Giving random crew members goon-esque objectives to work on for discount greentext.

Have less traitors are roundstart but increase the chances of people becoming one mid round.

Bombs are more difficult to make/harder to hide.

Give departments strong endgame projects to work towards
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #373276

Remove QoL changes
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #373282

Making jobs shorter is a way of working around short rounds, if you don't want those make rounds longer
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #373288

Remove players. Boom, infinite round time
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #373289

D&B wrote:Remove QoL changes
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #373323

Add a traitor objective to force the round to end within a certain time, watch people endlessly recall the shuttle just in case someone has this objective to cuck them out of greentext
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #373326

Only way to make rounds longer is to lessen the stress on the hos/captain since they control round length, which would mean nerfing antags or limiting what they are allowed to do
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #373338

Lumbermancer wrote:You don't have to rebalance anything. You just need to remove explosives. Structural damage of the station is the reason of 80% of early shuttle calls, and I have data to back this up.
>Remove structural damage
>This huge system and one of the biggest and coolest features in the game

Fuck no.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #373343

you're deranged if you think 5 minutes in toxins should give someone the ability to destroy half the station and cause effective damage that would eat well over an hour to fix if 3-4 people worked on it
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #373346

And you're deranged if you think removing all explosions and structural damage is a worthwhile trade for longer rounds.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #373347

You could play on a server that has longer rounds on average
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #373350

I'm not even talking round duration you twit bombs are not balanced by any means of the word for relative impact in comparison to required effort

Regardless saying "Just go to a server with longer round durations" is stupid because regardless of what you think longer rounds encourage more problems and more solutions around said problems, it isn't as bad as it is with instant singulo releases forcing people to just afk for a shuttle call a few months but it does still feel like people tend to duck out of any mild threat the second it occurs.

though kor is right you kinda have to give the hos/captain a reason to stay if you want longer rounds
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #373357

Make toxins make bombs out of canisters instead of TTVs. Harder to blow up the station if you're carting around an obvious canister with wires sticking out of it.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #373365

- no shuttle call until 1 hr no matter what

there, longer rounds.
better rounds? who knows.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #373374

Lumbermancer wrote:Remove all bombs.

and
DemonFiren wrote:revert several months of """quality of life""" features.

iamgoofball wrote:Removing quality of life shit because autists dont like having things not be repetitive grind is dumb
I know you may not like hearing this but some things have been balanced around being tedious to create/do. When you remove those without adding a difficulty somewhere else, you ARE effectively buffing said item.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #373378

Selea wrote:Many features can't be properly used because of short rounds.How can we adjust game to make rounds longer?
Play on terry
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #373379

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Selea wrote:Many features can't be properly used because of short rounds.How can we adjust game to make rounds longer?
Play on terry
Not even a joke they have like 2 hour rounds on average
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #373381

Lumbermancer wrote:You don't have to rebalance anything. You just need to remove explosives. Structural damage of the station is the reason of 80% of early shuttle calls, and I have data to back this up.
Well, where is it?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #373387

>game is stressful and and things break down way faster than they can be repaired causing players to reset the round rather than stick it out
>we can make rounds longer by reverting QoL changes and making things more tedious and stressful

???
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #373393

I guess the mistake is that QoL is interchangeable with powercreep in some cases.

Faster and easier building and repairing is a QoL change that supports longer rounds.

Roundstart DNA Splice machine for botany just makes grief via Kudzu and spliced plants (which should be endgame stuff) end the round faster.

The extreme proliferation of round start materials doesn't help matters either. Rather than have scientists and chemists work on stocking their own departments/Interacting with cargo to order stuff, we just chose to provide everything filled to the brim which just helps them reach late research stuff or chemicals faster. Which helps bring down the round faster as well, since sooner or later they get itchy and start to break stuff.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373397

Kor wrote:>game is stressful and and things break down way faster than they can be repaired causing players to reset the round rather than stick it out
>we can make rounds longer by reverting QoL changes and making things more tedious and stressful

???
"qol changes" is so meaninglessly vague in this case that it could be literally anything though lol
Limey wrote:its too late.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #373398

D&B wrote:I guess the mistake is that QoL is interchangeable with powercreep in some cases.

Faster and easier building and repairing is a QoL change that supports longer rounds.

Roundstart DNA Splice machine for botany just makes grief via Kudzu and spliced plants (which should be endgame stuff) end the round faster.

The extreme proliferation of round start materials doesn't help matters either. Rather than have scientists and chemists work on stocking their own departments/Interacting with cargo to order stuff, we just chose to provide everything filled to the brim which just helps them reach late research stuff or chemicals faster. Which helps bring down the round faster as well, since sooner or later they get itchy and start to break stuff.
Alright that is a fair clarification
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #373410

Less gamemodes and antags with round-ending features.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #373427

oranges wrote:
Well, where is it?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #373436

ShadowDimentio wrote:
>Remove structural damage
>This huge system and one of the biggest and coolest features in the game

Fuck no.
I agree with you on principle, but it's just ridiculous how easy is to blow shit up. Just yesterday I was playing HoS, and within 5-8 minutes into the round at least 2 maxcaps blew the station the fuck up. And I have changeling in cuffs, and I'm trying to gib him, killing him over and over (at least 4 times). So I go to crematory but it's gone. I go all the way around (on meta) to kitchen gibber, but it's all busted and unpowered. Then I die to vacuum damage, and ling laughs in my face as he regenerates for the 5th time. Ye, I know unrobust get good etc. , but the point is that explosives affect the whole round with little effort, and I think this is not benefiting roleplaying or paranoia in any way.
DemonFiren wrote:
oranges wrote:Well, where is it?
In the 100 rounds with early shuttle call, 80 was done because of structural damage, 10 because of grey tide and 10 because of clown. I have these numbers written down on a piece of paper with me.
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #373437

TribeOfBeavers wrote:You could try to add more station goals that are really hard to make/do but make the rewards really OP/fun. It would give people incentive to stay and try for it.

Giving random crew members goon-esque objectives to work on for discount greentext...

...Give departments strong endgame projects to work towards
I like these ideas. Maybe an overarching department goal, as well as randomized smaller goals for members within the department. Maybe even give assistants a "Get a stamped approval from x department head or members" to give assistants that aren't just using the job for tiding a purpose. I usually find things to do each round, but having a seed of an idea of what to strive for is very helpful, a good example of this is getting cooking ideas from your ingredient starter box, as they're themed.

This would allow for short term, medium term, and long term goals as well.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #373441

Well this is just an idea but syndicate are double agents against NT right? If they reveal they are syndicate that blows the entire operation. Add a stealth or go the entire round undiscovered. Ie has never been in a brig area. Or make it so that they require the crew to believe theyre still loyal so they can continue to infiltrate NT storywise. Or have the station left with percent integrity for future syndicate agents to be deployed there. Perhaps even having a percent of surviving crew alive at round end to open up more living crew to be converted to the syndicate. Theres incentive to make rounds longer from antags and sometimes gate 1 or 2 tators per round behind that from getting their greentext. Gives a story/lore reason to not murderbone and get the round over as fast as possible. Promotes longer rounds on general. And may provide interesting gameplay situations.

Ie tator 1 has ensure the station is at 80% integrity when the crew leaves for future deployments.

While tator 2 has a murder and die glorious objective. He makes a maxcap and deadmans trigger. Goes around murderboning the crew then blows the station the fuck up. If he were to do it like that tator 1 would redtext. So for the sake of his objective, tator1 would be helping the crew so he can succeed.

Basically give some incentives for longer rounds and more fun.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #373456

Lumbermancer wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
oranges wrote:Well, where is it?
In the 100 rounds with early shuttle call, 80 was done because of structural damage, 10 because of grey tide and 10 because of clown. I have these numbers written down on a piece of paper with me.
I have a more recent revised version of the same data that spells out "you're gay and this is a shit idea"
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #373483

That's just super rude.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #373507

Lumbermancer wrote:That's just super rude.
Stop replying to him he does not understand game design at all
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #373538

Once an antag has completed their objective, they have a big incentive to end the round, so that they win. Should this be changed somehow?
I lurk quite often...
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #373564

yesterday terry had another couple of 4 hour rounds which if you're a fan of long rounds would have been great if you had only played there
Spoiler:
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #373688

Alipheese wrote:Ie tator 1 has ensure the station is at 80% integrity when the crew leaves for future deployments.

While tator 2 has a murder and die glorious objective. He makes a maxcap and deadmans trigger. Goes around murderboning the crew then blows the station the fuck up. If he were to do it like that tator 1 would redtext. So for the sake of his objective, tator1 would be helping the crew so he can succeed.

Basically give some incentives for longer rounds and more fun.
I think it would encourage different playstyles, but also force people into certain playstyles too, which could be a positive or a negative thing. I always play conservatively when antag. I still do my job, and I try not to be suspicious. I feel bad being reckless and killing random people. However, when it's an objective I feel less bad. However, forcing people to be one or the other may have it's problems too, as then the player has less freedom.

I think the "die a glorious death" or "escape on the shuttle" do create that sort of dynamic though. I've only ever went on killing sprees to get a glorious death.
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills
Selea

Post by Selea » #373712

1.Safety:
a.Yeah, bombs should be harder to make.
But still they could be not harder to make, but harder to use.
Now IRL there are interesting device. Laser, which igniting plasma flash at distance up to 30 m.IR spectometer investigates colour of this flash. And can remotely analyze air. So it can even search for explosives.So, maybe station should be equipped with remote chem sensors. Probably mounted. So security will be able to track down bomb users BEFORE something will happen.Still antags could find way to cheat sensors.
b.personal alarm. Small device to call ERT from med and/or sec.
c.convert curator to reporter/whatever. Give him access to survivallence/some other data sources So he must provide valuable information to crew. Often You will know, that now there is only half of station left when xeno will drag you to his nest along big holes in station.
d.Maybe you should give to scientist some wibbley-wobbley telescope, which helps to find space ruins, predict meteors/space carp, or even pirates/ninja.Possibly telescope could be somehow related to anomalous materials.
2.antags.
a. It was good idea to make them motivation to be less deadly. So they could use more stealth, than big bombs. For example, they've got limit to amount of frags. It is fairly simply avoidable, but still can help.
b. also greentext to end round can enlarge round if antag isn't too robust.
c.make it so kill of antag will not end round.
3.gameplay.
a.QOL -- Can you explain, what changes should be removed?
b.interaction. departments work shouldn't depend on each other in the way, when one desperately needed help of other, but can't offer anything.Like chem and botany.
Interaction between old RnD and miners was example of good interaction.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #373719

If you want longer rounds then reduce the number of traitors and changelings during those round types. Blood cult already leads to longer rounds and clock cult, nuke ops, and revs are already short rounds.

Ive had rounds where one traitor or changeling has reduced the sec staff by 50% in under 20 minutes with no chance of body recovery, not even mentioning the 2-3 other changelings and 4-5 other traitors, plus greytiders.

We dont need a full 1/5th of the crew being antagonists during traitor and traitor/ling. If antagonists were reduced to a more manageable level we might even see side antags like aliens, blobs and pirates a bit more often!
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #373731

I still think that traitor + changeling rounds shouldn't exist. The changelings always end up with the traitor gear, making them even better at murderboning (which most of their powers revolve around).
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #373745

The thing is that with antags it's not directly more antags=more chaos, but rather more antags=more chance of getting the one guy who wants to cause maximum chaos in the minimum time possible.

If there is nobody like that as a traitor during a round it usually lasts fairly long with no clear disruptons but instead a slow downwards spiral as the crew itself gets bored and takes over antag duty. Rounds are usually better with something to work against.

So you do want some chaotic influence over a round. The problem lies in the fact that some antag players are so fast and good at it that:
-A: it's very hard to stop them before it's too late
-B: the damage they cause overflows the definition of "spice" and goes into "why bother"
-C: they completely eclipse any other (antag or not) gimmick that requires time or a semblance of order on the station
To add onto that, since the most easy and effective tactics get more popular, they get repetitive and stale as everyone wants to try them out.

Which is why the general response to antags shutting rounds down too quickly is to try to nerf the most powerful tactics, rather than just reducing antags. It's all about hitting that sweet spot where you can potentially prevent antag-wrought chaos, you can fix the damage they cause, and there is still a timeframe where people with long-term gimmicks can play them out.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Selea

Post by Selea » #373747

So, I think, that security should have more ways to discover antags shenanigans before it's too late.
But antags should have bacup--syndie bases.
So It can move strullge out of Hit-n-Run to more complex game with disabling security networks ,bribes and silent operations.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #373790

had a really fun round that was like 3 hours on Terry last night, man long rounds sure are fun, we got to experience all the late game content at a really good pace. i sure love how we already have really long rounds, you literally just have to click a different server on our homepage to access them instead of rebalancing the whole game!
Spoiler:
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #373858

PKPenguin321 wrote:had a really fun round that was like 3 hours on Terry last night, man long rounds sure are fun, we got to experience all the late game content at a really good pace. i sure love how we already have really long rounds, you literally just have to click a different server on our homepage to access them instead of rebalancing the whole game!
Aw yeah, I can't wait for that delicious Free Lag due to ping!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #373863

Hathkar wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:had a really fun round that was like 3 hours on Terry last night, man long rounds sure are fun, we got to experience all the late game content at a really good pace. i sure love how we already have really long rounds, you literally just have to click a different server on our homepage to access them instead of rebalancing the whole game!
Aw yeah, I can't wait for that delicious Free Lag due to ping!
t. never played on terry
im west coast US with 5 mb/s speeds at best and i had a very very very playable ping
Spoiler: