Megafuna Loot: Fist of the Legion, and AT shield

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Megafuna Loot: Fist of the Legion, and AT shield

Post by Bombadil » #374931

The legion and the colossus are the least killed megafauna. For obvious reasons their "Loot" has little effect on the game and killing them is usually more time consuming or more intensive than the Ash Drake or Bubblegum. The Staff of Storms is mostly invalidated by the time you get it as most anyone who kills the legion has done so after getting Ash-proof drake armor or the bubblegum armor(or the other suits from tendrils).

The colossus is also rarely killed as it is far more difficult than ash drakes and bubblegum while the voice of god is fun it usually has little impact unless your fighting nuke ops and have them suicide themselves. Not to mention the anomalies can be totally useless or INFURIATING like the clowning anomaly which transforms you if you just talk near it.

So these ideas are to try and get people to experience more of the game with incentives.
Fist of the Legion: Dropped by "The Legion"

The Legion of the necropolis's power over flesh is given to you in the form of a massive gray bloated limb. This limb grants the wielder a massive battlefist that can reanimate those slain by it incorporating their bodies into the wielders own. The slaying also grants you dark powers as you your flesh turns gray and begins to bubble out and harden. You incorporate the dead and you will become legion.

General idea is it's a grey goo scenario and I beleive the legion is really supposed to be a living grey goo scenario sealed with ancient and highly advanced technology iirc.

Phase 1: Fist of the Legion attaches itself to your arm.

Phase 2: Flesh begins to harden and turn gray as you become one with the legions of dead you begin incorporating. Dead incorporated into your being must be sentient.

Phase 3: After incorporating 5 dead bodies you become like this

For further inspiration for phase 3 of the Fist of the Legion:

The dead you incorporate are capable of speaking through their heads embedded in your flesh. If not an antagonist you MUST ask for permission to incorporate others into your being. Or you can incorporate those who are "valid salad".
The Absolute Territory Shield: Dropped by "The Colossus"

The Absolute Territory shield lessens all damage by half(before reductions) while wielded in one of your hands. Also you cannot be disarmed as the absolute territory field does not allow biological entities through it unless they have the *voice of god*. Perhaps it has some sort of activation time of about a minute or so and a cooldown of 2 minutes?
Last edited by Bombadil on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Megafuna Loot: Fist of the Legion, and AT shield

Post by Gun Hog » #374932

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 0Territory After watching Outbreak Company, I cannot help but giggle at the name. The AT shield does sound similar to an idea I once had. What if you made it large, like the Peacekeeper's field? As for the Legion Fist, I would be interested in seeing how it works out!
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #374967

The SoS is bad because 2 other guys MIGHT have immunity to it?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #374991

Cobby wrote:The SoS is bad because 2 other guys MIGHT have immunity to it?
No because its ability to stop ash storms is pointless for tge user by the time you get it. As your immune to ash storms.

Not to mention its only real use is burning everyone on the shuttle or trolling by lighting nearspace on fire. Iirc there is still a bug where you cant use it on the shuttle while its docked as it defaults to nearspace. So its only real use is hijack.

Let me tell you i tried it on cuck cult once and that got me banned because ratvarian armor is immune to ash storms so are all the ocular wardens and machinery as well.

But really something needs to be done so that these other bosses get slain.

Most slaying are bubblegum and drakes.

Ergo also hasn't played since back when the colossus stopped dropping the black box and he still holds the records for most colossus kills.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #375151

Time to buff voice of god
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.