Bar Jukebox

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Bar Jukebox

Post by Rustledjimm » #378585

Spoiler:
Disclaimer: Yes this has been mentioned in shitty idea thread once or twice but this is an actual attempt at real thought behind it.

As the title says add a jukebox to the bar!

It will not use youtube links or uploads as that could be too abusable. Instead if will have a set list of songs you can select. Those with bar access can set it to any song and set it to loop through songs. Those without can put in a coin to select any song they want from the selection.

So yes, the songlist will be curated to keep up the right kind of atmosphere and to make sure nothing too OOC and shitty gets played.

For instance I think much of the VA-11 Hall-A OST would be perfect for the bar. It's got the right feel for some nice background music as people sit around and drink.

call me biased I dare you
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Bar Jukebox

Post by Anonmare » #378586

Biased
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #378589

Attachments
1234.png
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #378594

In all fairness I was the one who suggested using the Valhalla ost. Also FTL

To repeat what I said on the discord
Ok. Steal Bay's jukebox code, let the bartender have the most control over the machine, and toss in the Valhalla and FTL ost's. If you emag it you get fuck bees, ocean man, and the DK remixes.
Thanks, Kev.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #378599

maybe have a custom song request that the bartender can use that runs the link by the admins to approve and has a 5 minute cooldown if rejected/approved so it cant be spammed
:shrug:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #378601

neat idea.

wont happen.
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #378603

Only if Cargo gets boomboxes.
scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #378607

Deitus wrote:neat idea.

wont happen.
Why not? We can just steal Bay's work.
Thanks, Kev.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #378610

It is a bad idea because licensing issues with music. Unless we use something that uses youtube urls, from a defined list.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #378614

if you allow player input there aren't any licensing issues, but the second you curate it which makes it tied to either the codebase or the server you have to take into account whether or not we're legally allowed to host the OSTs you're proposing

i think the best way to make it work would be what somebody else said where you have to run links past admins so you can't just spam NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER or something, which still isn't ideal because admins generally have other things things going on but could work if they're not busy
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #378625

I don't think you can convert web sounds to playsound_local though which makes it a pain in the dingus since urls/web sounds are played through goonchat.

Also technically keeping a curated list of youtube urls is fine, hosting the actual soundbits would be questionable though.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #378644

You could make it where if a admin approves a song, the song can be played as many times as you want for the rest of the round.

Songs that have been accepted more than 10 times are added to a database of accepted songs.

Make it a preference if people hear it or not, and it won't bother anyone.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #378651

We don't need to listen to licensing and copyright rules do we? /tg/ is free and we already have literal xenomorphs and riplys.
Thanks, Kev.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #378781

scrubs2009 wrote:We don't need to listen to licensing and copyright rules do we? /tg/ is free and we already have literal xenomorphs and riplys.
adding more is still sketchy
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #378783

I mean I'd be surprised if we got in trouble for the va-11 hall-a soundtrack, the developers are two blokes from venezuela who are pretty chill and only care if you make money off of direct game assets. We aren't making any money here.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #378784

could always shoot them an email if you wanted
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #382921

Or we could just throw up our hands and throw a bunch of royalty free music on the thing.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #383095

add a db system for admins to add and del youtube-dl compaitble links for normal/emagged playback, we're not hosting any music, we're linking to it.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #383164

do we really trust our admins to add nonshit and setting-appropriate links to the machine
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #383170

DES
PA
CITO
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #383280

Have a basic list of non-threatening shit that we won't get wrecked for, lobby music, shit that's already in the game like the disco stuff etc,

Some memes for the memag

Let admins add songs and label them round-by-round. Admins love spamming music and nothing happens in the first ten minutes so it'll probably get plenty of shit.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #383283

PKPenguin321 wrote:if you allow player input there aren't any licensing issues, but the second you curate it which makes it tied to either the codebase or the server you have to take into account whether or not we're legally allowed to host the OSTs you're proposing

i think the best way to make it work would be what somebody else said where you have to run links past admins so you can't just spam NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER or something, which still isn't ideal because admins generally have other things things going on but could work if they're not busy
>Stopping the bartender from playing NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Let the crew pick what songs they want and suffer punishment if they're playing trash. People getting lynched over their bad taste in music is hilarious.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #383296

just make it support music notation like the instruments
Limey wrote:its too late.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #383316

ShadowDimentio wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:if you allow player input there aren't any licensing issues, but the second you curate it which makes it tied to either the codebase or the server you have to take into account whether or not we're legally allowed to host the OSTs you're proposing

>Stopping the bartender from playing NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Let the crew pick what songs they want and suffer punishment if they're playing trash. People getting lynched over their bad taste in music is hilarious.
the problem with not curating it at all even if it's a funny idea is if some jokester plays a 30 minute straight recording of volume-maxed loud noise
if we could fix that with a code solution (maybe a max volume thing if that's possible? max length should definitely be doable) then this might actually be funny
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #383350

That's when you mute and go kill whoever started playing trash. Just make the jukebox display who picked this song and make it possible for admins to jukeboxban people who abuse it to grief and bam the system is flawless.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #384073

I'd support a box that pulled from YT or Soundcloud as long as there's a ban for it because boy do I love banning people.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #384317

only on an atmos sim can you get banned for playing the jukebox wrong.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #384321

Cobby wrote:only on an atmos sim can you get banned for playing the jukebox wrong.
I dunno. I'm pretty sure anywhere that gave the public access to their speaker system would throw you out for playing a 45hz square wave for 10 minutes.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #384342

Some motherfucker would try that too.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #384478

cedarbridge wrote:
Cobby wrote:only on an atmos sim can you get banned for playing the jukebox wrong.
I dunno. I'm pretty sure anywhere that gave the public access to their speaker system would throw you out for playing a 45hz square wave for 10 minutes.
Most would just outright ban you under spam instead of creating a jukebox specific ban
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #395584