A few Ninja changes

A place to record your ideas for the game.
MetroidLover
Byond Username: MetroidLover

A few Ninja changes

Post by MetroidLover » #380495

I think it would be a good idea to lower the time limit for the Space Ninja event to 45 minutes or less.

I feel that 1 hour might be to long of a time limit for the Ninja to be spawned, as the Ninja is rarely seen for how fun of a role its is.

I would also like to add the ability to refill smoke bombs the same way you can refill your adrenals.
Just copypaste the code for Boost refill and replace Radium with smoke powder and the boost# var with the Smoke# var.

Disclaimer, I have not thoroughly read through the code on the Ninja's abilities and the vars associated with it.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: A few Ninja changes

Post by Gamarr » #380516

Space Ninjas are meme-incarnate that come with literal antag-vision. They're rare for a very good reason.

Now, if you want to make a mode or gut them a bit so they can be something that isn't up on tier with spawning xenos, that'd be something to look at. There's Clockcult, why not have more serious ninjas/a mode based around them.
MetroidLover
Byond Username: MetroidLover

Post by MetroidLover » #380658

I actually like the idea of a Ninja based game mode. I just don't know where to start for that.

If you have any ideas on what would be a good Ninja game mode, please share them.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #380709

I don't and think this kind of stuff is part of what has led this server down the path it's died on.
But I'll try to toss out some things as a mental exercise.

Ninja relies on capturing, stealth, and technology theft of sorts. The suit is incredibly interesting and despite all the other dumb shit that's been added, has a rather neat power-suit that is still very different than combat mechs.
-Gut the lethality of something like the energy-blade they get. Just remove it, focus the role on stealth and evasion. Shit smokebombs, lay traps, minor jaunting capability.
-Have it be a group vs issue; several ninjas of two or three differing clans vying for particular items or people on the station. Maybe one of the three specifically safeguards a particular dept.
-Give them a damn built-in cham-projector so they can hide as a plant or cigarette butt already because it obviously fits but for some reason they still haven't just duplicated the Syndicates one that'd keep them from dying all the time.

Capturing someone should get you apprentices or new ninjas sent to you after so long, so as to recycle ghosts back into the round.
Successful groups (one acquiring their objective, items or person and has the higher 'score') cause the other to get their apprentices faster, who also come better equipped to trash you.
Or the suit becomes less and less functional as your overseers challenge you by disabling the most useful bits the better/closer to your end goal becomes.