New Supermatter gas interactions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Buggy
Byond Username: Buggy1234

New Supermatter gas interactions

Post by Buggy » #382968

Currently, the Supermatter has no interactions at all with all of the new atmos gasses (stim, bz, trit, water, hypernob, pluox, nitryl). I feel like they really should, and Borddid made a promise
so lets try to come up with some new ideas for what they could do. I'll edit them into the OP as people suggest them.

Buggy:
BZ - At low concentrations, safely and substantially increases radiation output but also causes hallucinations in anyone nearby, even through protection. Higher concentrations increase hallucination amount and range, very high concentrations cover basically the entire station and will get you lynched. A high-BZ delamination will cause immensely more hallucinations and/or make hallucinations real across the station.

Hypernobilium - Freon 2.0, stops whatever the fuck the SM was doing in its tracks, reduces power output to nil. Balanced because no one ever makes nobilium anyway.

selea:
Water Vapor--dissolves into oxygen and tritium at cost of crystal energy.
Tritium--buffs energy transmission via radiation and lowers energy transmission with T.
BZ--lower anomaly threshold
Nitryl/Brown gas --IDK
Hyper-Nobilium--no reaction.
Stimulum--lower tesla bolt threshold
Pluoxium--makes crystal durablity higher.But don't lower start of anomalies and tesla bolts.So crystal can work in this mode without dmg

PK Penguin:
what if one of the gasses made the supermatter gain integrity instead of losing it, BUT it could go well over 100% integrity, which would cause tiles around the supermatter to be converted to supermatter tiles that disintegrate anything on them. so the supermatter would spread and kill anything near it. would be incredibly devastating and fitting as a round ender

MMMiracles:
Maybe instead of taking the disintegration, it could act more something along the lines of Tiberium from the Command & Conquer series. Intense radiation off the spread tiles and pretty much being near it without rad suits and internals will infect you with a disease that essentially turns you a human-shaped SM shard that'll keep spreading the crystals from your corpse.
Last edited by Buggy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: New Supermatter gas interactions

Post by PKPenguin321 » #382969

what if one of the gasses made the supermatter gain integrity instead of losing it, BUT it could go well over 100% integrity, which would cause tiles around the supermatter to be converted to supermatter tiles that disintegrate anything on them. so the supermatter would spread and kill anything near it. would be incredibly devastating and fitting as a round ender
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #382973

Water Vapor--dissolves into oxygen and tritium at cost of crystal energy.
Tritium--buffs energy transmission via radiation and lowers energy transmission with T.
BZ--lower anomaly threshold
Nitryl/Brown gas --IDK
Hyper-Nobilium--no reaction.Can be used to stop plasma burning
Stimulum--lower tesla bolt threshold
Pluoxium--makes crystal durablity higher.But don't lower start of anomalies and tesla bolts.So crystal can work in this mode without dmg
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #382975

PKPenguin321 wrote:what if one of the gasses made the supermatter gain integrity instead of losing it, BUT it could go well over 100% integrity, which would cause tiles around the supermatter to be converted to supermatter tiles that disintegrate anything on them. so the supermatter would spread and kill anything near it. would be incredibly devastating and fitting as a round ender
Maybe instead of taking the disintegration, it could act more something along the lines of Tiberium from the Command & Conquer series. Intense radiation off the spread tiles and pretty much being near it without rad suits and internals will infect you with a disease that essentially turns you a human-shaped SM shard that'll keep spreading the crystals from your corpse.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Selea

Post by Selea » #382978

But SM isn't tiberium...it just vapourizes everything.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #382990

Yeah but SM-crystals that infect the living to make more SM-critters and creep spread is more interesting than 'turf that disintegrates you if you touch it'
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Selea

Post by Selea » #382992

but logical.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #383004

Listen man logic is a sound thing to use a resource when your videogame doesn't have lizards with names such as sucks-the-toes that run around streaking while a giant demon pukes blood and pulls people into its maw while two catgirls pump shotguns and shoot at it.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #383487

tiberium is super cool so we should totally do that
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #383489

I post in the wrong forums sometimes but this really feels like an "ideas" thread.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #383499

I would move it but I hold no power on this board
edit: thanks other admin
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,