Space Lich ~ The eviller Space Wizard

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Space Lich ~ The eviller Space Wizard

Post by Bombadil » #1443

Lore: The space lich is a space wizard who sacrificed another space wizard to create his own phylactery that bonds the space liches soul to the object and reforms the liches body after death. Many of the space liches came to rule their own empires but they have been destroyed in attacks by the cult of nar'sie and by Nar'sie herself. The Liches Phylactery eventually ended up buried on an asteroid orbiting a violet star and a stupid miner finding this ancient artifact brought it back to the station after the Lich finally began to regain his former powers and reform his body.

General Attributes:
New body is formed after death
Can space walk and does not need to breath as he is undead.

Phylactery: Is a random item on the station can only be destroyed by covering it in holy water and incinerating it. (Holy water can be purchased from cargo) Stations goal is to find and destroy it in order to kill the Space Lich.

Magic Ideas:

Dead Touch: Any touching done by the lich causes 10 damage of genetic damage to target.

Could work like wizard spellbook.

Temporary Reanimation: After his empire was destroyed by Nar'sie the lich has lost the ability to fully reanimate corpses the corpses only live for two minutes. Cooldown of X

Permanent Reanimation: Zombies! Requires the magical black onyx d20 be inserted into the humans mouth then be reanimated in a spell ritual that requires you stand still for 15-30 seconds.

Black Onyx D20: Perhaps a purchasable spell artifact or has it at spawn can be lost if Necromancer dies and his body is looted before he respawns. Perhaps instead of making it a purchasable artifact have it that a spell slot must be taken to "recall" the onyx d20. The d20 cannot be destroyed with pacid or running it through the smasher in disposals must be incinerated after holy water has been used.

Finger of Death: Blasts target with Negative Energy 75 genetic or brute damage. (No ei nath the lich can be reborn easily)

Soul Bind: Imprisons souls in the Black Onyx D20 can be used to create flesh golems which requires 3 human corpses/

Create Bone Golem: A monstrous aberration made of 2 human bodies equipped with Bone blade hands can smash tables. Requires 3 human corpses and a soul contained in the d20.

Create Flesh Golem: A monstrous aberration formed of dead bodies and a bonded soul bound to the Space Lich. Requires 5 human corpses and a soul contained in the d20. (Creates a rune that can be used by wizard if there are 5 corpses on top of it)

Prepare Body: Sends body to a predetermined location to prepare for rituals. (Spell that marks where to send bodies and then teleports them there does not work on living)

Explode Flesh: Causes a target dead body to explode and cause damage. Can be used by space lich to destroy himself if captured

Throw in any ideas you like. Just remember the space lich can be reborn from death so we don't need extremely op shit like ei nath. Not sure how to make it so the players can find the phylactery yet but necromancers goal will also be finding it somewhere on the station and if its destroyed his body isnt being reformed he will be dead... dead after the phylactery is destroyed.

Idea is the lich's den would be inside the phylactery and there would be some form of cloner that while functioning prevents round end stops working once the phylactery is destroyed and the lich is destroyed for the final time round ends
Last edited by Bombadil on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Re: Space Lich ~ The eviller Space Wizard

Post by JJRcop » #1507

;Guise i'm a friendly Lich guise guise
I lurk quite often...
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #1516

JJRcop wrote:;Guise i'm a friendly Lich guise guise
I swear

Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1559

So, a Bigger, Badder Wizard. I like it. Replace WIzard game mode with Lich and add Wizard as a random event and alongside Traitor & Changeling (WizTator WizLing)
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #1697

Psyentific wrote:So, a Bigger, Badder Wizard. I like it. Replace WIzard game mode with Lich and add Wizard as a random event and alongside Traitor & Changeling (WizTator WizLing)
Hmmm... Wizard stays op as he is a random event while lich is attempted to be made more balanced

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #3744

Why doth you all ignore this fine thread

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #3756

in before assistants metagame every round scouring every inch of the station for a phylactery
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #3764

Make death touch kill people who are in crit for thematics. Also if the lich touched them into negative max health a mercy on our bumbling med staff.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #3771

bandit wrote:in before assistants metagame every round scouring every inch of the station for a phylactery
They already do that - Changeling maint patrol.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #3812

bandit wrote:in before assistants metagame every round scouring every inch of the station for a phylactery
Well I need more ideas on how the station can find the phylactery and make it balanced so that each side finds it hard to find it.

AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #3817

Make it invisible for a certain quanity of time?
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #3819

Cool idea but no one will ever code or balance it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Anton Raginovsky

Post by Anton Raginovsky » #3838

Everyone is so pessimistic. I really dig this.
Image Image
Image Image
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #4486

AseaHeru wrote:Make it invisible for a certain quanity of time?
Eh. I doubt that would work well suddenly an item appears infront of you! ITSS THE PHYLACTERY TIME TO META!

I want more feedback but no one is responding

Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #4488

Feedback incoming

It's not original or different enough from wizard to be worth coding as it's own thing. I might adapt some of the traits into wizard spells though, most likely Explode Flesh.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #4576

Drynwyn wrote:Feedback incoming

It's not original or different enough from wizard to be worth coding as it's own thing. I might adapt some of the traits into wizard spells though, most likely Explode Flesh.

Like turn Ei Nath into explode flesh? Because then Ei Nath wouldn't be so ridiculously bullshit but it still could be useful in fight if someone gets near a dead body or you create one yourself

Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #4738

No, as it's own thing. EI NATH is nothing like explode flesh, which will work at range, as it would be useless otherwise.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #5161

Drynwyn wrote:No, as it's own thing. EI NATH is nothing like explode flesh, which will work at range, as it would be useless otherwise.
Ah alright. I thought it would be a balance thing to make the wizard less bullshit. Ei Nath really is too op.

Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #5307

EI NATH isn't OP, if you're anything approaching competent you can't get ei nathed unless you're stunned... And if you're stunned, your'e fucked anyway.

You just need to
Spoiler:
git gud
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #5409

Drynwyn wrote:EI NATH isn't OP, if you're anything approaching competent you can't get ei nathed unless you're stunned... And if you're stunned, your'e fucked anyway.

You just need to
Spoiler:
git gud
I pissed off a wizard who couldn't ei nath me as I was a hulk and kept moving in and out and he's like "How do i kill hulk?"