my trait ideas by bluespace

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

my trait ideas by bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #389314

hello everyone!
some traits my mind did a think of

Great reflexes: you catch stuff thrown at you automatically
Batter up: you throw stuff harder and faster
Chef deluxe: all food created by you is perfect
Trendy: you spawn with an assortment of clothing items in your backpack
Immune: you’re more resistant to disease, and viruses advance slow on you
Artist: spawn with a crayon and spray can
Surefooted: you have a 25% chance not to slip on water
Kind: you receive massive positive mood boosts from helping others
Green thumb: spawn with random seeds
Evil: gain massive mood boost from hurting people
Hotblooded: the cold doesn’t affect you as quick, but you burn up fast
Cold blooded: swap the above
Hemowhateverthefuckitscalled: you can’t stop bleeding until you have 0 brute damage, and your bleeding starts at 10 brute
Insane: you constantly hallucinate, GOTTA GET A GRIP
Sickly: a polite smile from the virologist is enough to get you sneezing
Weak muscles: you can’t duel wield anything, no fire axes for you
Rage: on occasion you are struck by blind rage, wounding those near you
Heathen: the gods will not receive your prayers, and holy weapons are lethal to you
Hunted: you’re hunted by a blood demon, every now and then you’ll be pulled into the blood realm for a few seconds, causing slight brute
Magical being: 50% chance to cast blink, 50% chance to thunderbolt yourself every few minutes
Tourettes: FUCK YOU OFFICER YOU STUPID CUNT, uncontrollable and picks from mobs around you
Dumb: you can’t do surgery, ever.
Possessed: you randomly slam into walls as if thrown
Hellbeing: there’s a slight chance you just burst into flame randomly throughout the shift
Psychopath: killing someone makes you 100% mood, and causes laughing randomly
Asthma: running for long periods of time causes you to collapse for a few seconds

I tried to make them non-powergamey
I play Boris Pepper.
The Clowns Pocket

Re: my trait ideas by bluespace

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #389319

The only one of these that seems okay is artist, all the others really just award random violence. Mostly ones like Psychopath and Evil
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #389322

psychopath and tourettes have absolutely 0 downsides though
weak muscles seems situational as fuck
it's called hemophilia, i think
this is not how being cold-blooded works, t. lizard
why does evil exist when psychopath also exists
does green thumb let you spawn with gatfruit seeds? if yes, why, and if no, what's the point of taking it?
how the hell are you gonna get kind to work
and why would anyone want to choose trendy or artist
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #389325

I’d take trendy and artist, gotta get my fashion station on.
Evil and psychopath do kind overlap, yeah.
Idk about gatfruit, maybe a 1/1000 thing?
Cold/hot blooded are placeholder names.
Tourettes would get you gagged, and psychopath gives you uncontrollable laughter, which could be suspicious.
Kind would reward you for healing people helping them up etc
I play Boris Pepper.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #389327

kind actually incentivises you to knock people down or hurt them so you can get a mood boost by helping them
it's even worse if it isn't mutually exclusive with evil or psychopath
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #389331

DemonFiren wrote:kind actually incentivises you to knock people down or hurt them so you can get a mood boost by helping them
it's even worse if it isn't mutually exclusive with evil or psychopath
Is this isn’t the most SS13 quote ever I don’t know what is
I play Boris Pepper.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #389335

Raised by Lizards: You know Draconic at roundstart (Lose 1 point - Taking this as a Lizardperson would be a wasted point)
Traumatised: Start with a random phobia at roundstart (Gain 1 point)
Fast metabolism: Reagents process faster in your body (Lose 1 point - Mutually exclusive with slow metabolism)
Slow metabolsim: Reagents process slower in your body (Lose 1 point - Mutually exclusive with fast metabolism)
Chav: You speak with a chav accent (0 points)
Ain't nothin' but a hound dog: You speak with an Elvis Presley accent (0 points)
Swede: You speak with a Swedish accent, bork bork! (0 points)
Mute: You can't speak, at all. No known method exists of alleviating this. (Gain 3 points)
Clerical Error: Start with any of the following: the wrong PDA colour+cart/a misspelled ID/misassigned job title. It is possible to have all three. (Gain 1 point)
Nanotrasen loyalist: Start with an attachable badge that proudly states your commitment to Nanotrasen, you even gave up a payrise for this badge! (Lose 1 point)
Unionized: Start with an attachable armwrap that states you are a member of the local worker's union in your sector, you commie bastard. (Lose 1 point)
Addict: Start with an addiction to a random narcotic, this habit can be kicked but don't expect it to be easy (Gain 1 point)
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #389566

Amnesiac - Every time you go unconscious or die, you lose all memory and recollection of the events that happened in the shift (Gain 1 point)
Nanotrasen Lover - You can not physically harm anyone with an implant (Gain 1 point)
Syndicate Lover - You can not physically harm anyone with Syndicate items (Gain 1 point)
Blunt Weapon Master - You can't use sharp or ranged weapons, however blunt weapons do extra damage (Lose 1 point)
Sharp Weapon Master - You can't use blunt or ranged weapons, however sharp weapons do extra damage (Lose 1 point)
Ranged Weapon Master - You can't use melee or blunt weapons, however ranged weapons do extra damage (Lose 1 point)
Choosing all three will equal three wasted points and the ability to use no weapons
Paranoid - Every bodies name is replaced with your name! (Gain 2 points)
Kleptomaniac - Every so often you'll pick up a random, adjacent item, this is not a license to griff. (Gain 1 point)
Opposite Eyes - Light is dark and dark is light for you (Gain 0 points)
Undeveloped Eyes - There are no shades of dark, only dark. Any tile which has a bit of darkness on is entirely black. (Gain 1 point)
Opposite Liver - Drinking alcohol does not cause liver damage, however drinking any normal drink does. Any mixed drinks do however cause liver damage. (Gain 0 points)
Genetically Pure - You can not be modified genetically (Gain 1 point)
Lactose Intolerant - Eating foods containing dairy items will cause you to take brute damage for as long as it's in your system, eating a large amount will stun you until it's out (Gain 1 point)
Diabetes - Eating foods containing sugar will cause you to take brute damage to your liver, eating a large amount will stun you until it's out (Gain 1 point)
Schizophrenic - Every so often, a random hallucination of a person will come and charge you with a weapon, however they'll disappear upon reaching one space of you (Gain 1 point)
Dodgy Background - After finally being caught by Nanotrasen, they've finally implanted you. Start the round with a loyalist implant (Lose 3 points)
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #391744

bumb
I play Boris Pepper.