Put Boris modules into bodies.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Put Boris modules into bodies.

Post by Doctor Pork » #401880

Just as the title says let roboticists put Boris modules into actual bodies in place of a brain.

Thoughts?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Re: Put Boris modules into bodies.

Post by Bombadil » #401884

AI's having human bodies is too much.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #401886

stick me in there senpai
also yeah human bodies for the AI is a little nuts
imagine just creating an entire android army
every time you kill one clone of the AI, another takes it's place
too spook for me
I play Boris Pepper.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #401889

Add androids, they have hands, equipment, and interaction like humans but otherwise behave like borgs
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #401906

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...the closest an AI should ever come to humanity should either be some kind of malf power to set up an implanting station (similar to the autoborger) that will give the AI the power to control that human slave as a borg, or control him directly - OR for a normal AI, an Science sourced upgrade to the holopads to allow for hard-light holograms: 10 HP temporary mobs that can pick up and manipulate things like a human.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #401929

Ive actually wanted to put positronic brains in human bodies for awhile. Sadly it cant be done.

being able to make android bodies to shove posibrains into would be a nice endgame robotics ability.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #401936

Dr_bee wrote:Ive actually wanted to put positronic brains in human bodies for awhile. Sadly it cant be done.

being able to make android bodies to shove posibrains into would be a nice endgame robotics ability.
I see this idea thrown around a lot! And of course it can be done, I already coded it once. The question is if anyone else would pick it up, and the biggest question is if it would ever be merged.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #401942

I see a lot of valid balance concerns. What if instead of it being openly available it was a special purchase high price roboticist traitor item so there could only be one maybe two on station?

Also posibrain should be able to get transplanted into humans with a cyborg head. Would be cool. Thanks gun hog for coding it.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #401946

Bluespace wrote:stick me in there senpai
also yeah human bodies for the AI is a little nuts
imagine just creating an entire android army
every time you kill one clone of the AI, another takes it's place
too spook for me
I actually really like this idea and think it would make for a fun antag. Just, you know, not the AI.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #402066

do it do it do it
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #402070

I suggest to add these things:
1.Reverse mmi. Implant, where you can stick posibrain, boris, or special circuit assembly.this implant will control body instead of brain.
2.Mind transfer unit. It will be able to transfer mind from posibrain to AI card. And reverse.
3.Make it possible to grind brain with grinder. If you will inject brain smoothy into AI card, mind of human will be transferred to this card. If you will mix brains, resulting mind will have split personality.
4.Make monkeys, aliens and everything with brain to have mind. So if you'll transfer monkey's brain into cyborg, you'll get cyborg with monkey AI.in worst case, monkey ai for central AI unit.
5.Brain removal hat. If you'll put it on someone and activate it with signaller, it will eject brain from head. More advanced hat could replace brain with prepared one.
6.Subprocessors. Lesser AI unit, which main AI can control ,giving them different rights to control station and instructions, how to use them.
7.Intellicard slot circuit. Circuit, which can accept intellicard and make mind on it to control custom machine body. Bonus if circuit will be able to grind brain and inject intellicard on it's own.Just imagine it--robot, which reap your body and transfers your mind into it's own body.
8.Make access rights for AIs. So, for example, lesser AI will have less rights, than main AI units. Access to only certain systems or bodys. And ability to control only certain subprocessors. AI rights will be controllable from RD's office.