Increasing the Saved Character Slots

A place to record your ideas for the game.
RandolfTheMeh
Byond Username: RandolfTheMeh

Increasing the Saved Character Slots

Post by RandolfTheMeh » #403694

Yeah, so, I understand this isn't that big a deal for most people who play the game with 1, maybe 2 statics, but Certain Autists like to occasionally play gimmick characters here and there, which means that if you have 2 statics, you can only keep one gimmick character. Should you have worse, with 3 statics, that means that you need to swap one out each time you change to a gimmick character. The process itself is not too terribly difficult, but it is rather obnoxious to have to do so before the round begins, and the next round when you swap back to one of your statics. It'd be neat if we could get something like 4-5 save slots, so we can have a decent buffer, since even if you're functioning at dangerous levels of autism with 3 main statics, you can have a slot or two for gimmick characters when you get bored.
Rarely posts
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Increasing the Saved Character Slots

Post by Stickymayhem » #403699

byond members get more slots famalam
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #403733

wait so /tg/ is now pay2rp?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #403735

More character slots might confuse new players
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #403740

Stickymayhem wrote:byond members get more slots famalam
What determines the slots for private servers?

Because if you're really an autist then that would help instead of being limited to 3 slots on the private code server you own wtf
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #403775

Ayy Lemoh wrote:What determines the slots for private servers?
code/modules/client/preferences.dm lines 12 and 135
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #403779

can't you create new byond accounts to get 3 more slots?
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #403817

Paying for slots gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #403973

3 feels like an arbitrary restriction, 5 would be a nicer amount IMHO but I don't know about you. It really does feel like you're forced to play 3 characters at most which cripples any creativity or desire to make new characters.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #404834

Karp wrote:3 feels like an arbitrary restriction, 5 would be a nicer amount IMHO but I don't know about you. It really does feel like you're forced to play 3 characters at most which cripples any creativity or desire to make new characters.
buy a byond membership if for some reason you have more than 3 regular characters, theyre cheap as dirt and you can make your ghost into a skeleton and dont get the artificial login delay
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕