Feta Cheese recipe suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Dr. Chef
Byond Username: DrChef

Feta Cheese recipe suggestions

Post by Dr. Chef » #405432

I was thinking of coding a new feature that would allow you to milk certain animals for exotic milks. If you milk a goat, you'll get goats milk. You'll also be able to milk lava land monsters too. You'll be able to process these milks into cheese, like goats cheese and cursed cheese. These cheeses could be used for new recipes or for other things. Suggestions, criticisms, and whatnot are all welcome here.

Milk variety ideas:

Goat milk, gollath milk, basilisk milk, gold grub milk, and spider milk. The gold grub milk would be a liquid gold. These milks would be great for a chef that wants a exotic feast that will please his patrons and they would be great to use in chemistry or the research lab.
Last edited by Dr. Chef on Tue May 01, 2018 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Chef

Re: Exotic milks and cheese in space.

Post by Dr. Chef » #405531

I have goat milk and feta cheese done. I also made it so you can milk other animals now, but currently, all you can milk are goats, gutlunch (I didn't know you could milk them until I looked at the source code), and cows. If I made it where gold grubs, gollaths, and other lava critters could be milked, what should I call their type of udders? Cows and goats have udders while gutlunch have nutrient sacs, so the other critters should have their own type. Also, should other critters be milked or not at all?
Someone on coderbus said I should make it so players could milk space carps, now my idea is starting to sound stranger and stranger, but we already can milk gutlunches.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Feta Cheese recipe suggestions

Post by imblyings » #406154

gamer milk

also something baked potatoes with feta cheese
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #406157

is it really milk if it comes from a non-mammal?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #406278

DemonFiren wrote:is it really milk if it comes from a non-mammal?
I mean, ants "milk" aphids for their sweet waste secretions. Coconuts also have milk.
Dr. Chef

Post by Dr. Chef » #406315

DemonFiren wrote:is it really milk if it comes from a non-mammal?
Players can milk gutlunch for cream and salgulu solution. They have a udder subtype (/obj/item/udder/gutlunch) called nutrient sacs and I didn't even code that in. It already exits in /tg/ code.
imblyings wrote:gamer milk

also something baked potatoes with feta cheese
I could add baked potatoes with feta cheese or even feta risotto.