Mailman Role

A place to record your ideas for the game.
halitosisman
Byond Username: Halitosisman

Mailman Role

Post by halitosisman » #411532

Spawns wearing the mailman uniform. Possesses basic departmental access, and no maintenance access to prevent this being a supertide role. Maybe give this role a fast rideable cart that requires both hands on the wheel?
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Re: Mailman Role

Post by SaveVatznick » #411543

Isn't this what cargo techs are supposed to do with their mules and disposals lines?
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #411546

yes it is
I play Boris Pepper.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #418638

I think a better idea than creating a new job would be to move the mailman uniform to the cargodrobe that way you don't have to use coins to get it and can RP being a happy go lucky mail delivery person to your hearts content.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #418841

Not many people utilize the delivery system that's already in place with mules and the pipe system or even hand delivery. Nowadays not many even bother to ask cargo for anything in the first place. They just grab the minerals themselves and don't bother. Cargo for a long time has functioned as a separate entity except for rev rounds. It makes me wonder what can we do to make cargo similar to the HoP line. People are willing to wait to talk to the HoP just because they have the chance to get a decent reward for it. How can cargo offer something of that nature?

Back to the original subject, sorry to say it, but having a separate mailman role would eliminate one of cargo tech's very few jobs. I think there is room to say that there needs to be more item movement across departments. What would one want to mail to another department to utilize this system?
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #418941

Only real deal cargo deliver minerals via the mail system.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
mysteryman sideburns
Byond Username: Sideburns

Post by mysteryman sideburns » #424112

NanookoftheNorth wrote:Not many people utilize the delivery system that's already in place with mules and the pipe system or even hand delivery. Nowadays not many even bother to ask cargo for anything in the first place. They just grab the minerals themselves and don't bother. Cargo for a long time has functioned as a separate entity except for rev rounds. It makes me wonder what can we do to make cargo similar to the HoP line. People are willing to wait to talk to the HoP just because they have the chance to get a decent reward for it. How can cargo offer something of that nature?

Back to the original subject, sorry to say it, but having a separate mailman role would eliminate one of cargo tech's very few jobs. I think there is room to say that there needs to be more item movement across departments. What would one want to mail to another department to utilize this system?
a problem is that no matter what people are just going to break into cargo to get their shit
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #424213

NanookoftheNorth wrote:Back to the original subject, sorry to say it, but having a separate mailman role would eliminate one of cargo tech's very few jobs. I think there is room to say that there needs to be more item movement across departments. What would one want to mail to another department to utilize this system?
Give cargo things to order that aren't joke items and resources the station is already stocked full of.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #424268

Cargo techs are fine as is. People just under-utilize them because they don't like roleplay.

IE the constant science division rush to the ORM instead of asking cargo to give them minerals.

Its kinda hard to mandate roleplay., however perhaps there could be some incentive to do so? Just thinking.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #424273

so basically spawn a PAI or two right next to the MULEs?
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #424276

EagleWiz wrote:so basically spawn a PAI or two right next to the MULEs?
Scientists want their materials and they want them NOW. Its a rush for them so they grab the nearest locker and compete with roboticists (and sometimes chemists).

Cargo techs can try to rp all they want, but I doubt anyone will put up with them because of grey tide tendency